Thread: room

Default room

hello wondering if any one could help me, on the beachfront veranda how close is the water??? and also how much traffic do you have??? is it worth the money from garden veranda to beachfront??? thanks for any help!!!

They are very close to the beach. I've attached a pic - the building in the back is a Beachfront Verandah. The main sidewalk does go right in front of them though.

For what it's worth, we stayed in an Ocean Verandah and loved it! They are in between the Garden and Beachfront.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Amy; April 7th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Take a look at the ocean ver. They are little closer to the beach. In my opinion they are the best rooms.

Lp

Quote Originally Posted by lmchilds View Post
    hello wondering if any one could help me, on the beachfront veranda how close is the water??? and also how much traffic do you have??? is it worth the money from garden veranda to beachfront??? thanks for any help!!!
    We were there Jan. 31-Feb 7. We had the BFVS, room 4121 and we loved it !!!! It's closer to Patio's side of the resort, walked off our verandah, across the sidewalk and onto the beach. We set our chairs up on the beach in front of our room, left the door unlocked, and we could go back and forth from the beach to use our own bathroom. Wecould always see our door, and weren't worried about a thing, the resort is very safe. We loved the first floor. In the morning we'd have coffee on the verandah and say hi to everyone walking by. Didn't bother us a bit. At night we never heard noise of people walking and talking. When we go back we will request that room again. Haven't been in an OVS, so I can't comment on that; but we know what we loved, and the room 4121 is it for us. Enjoy!

To be a bit more specific, the distance from the Beachfront Verandah Suites (and the Beachfront Suites, as well) to the water is dependent on beach conditions.

The photo that Amy posted is probably taken with her ankles in the water. On this particular day, the beach was quite broad; but it varies from week to week, and because SweptAway is so spread out along the beach (about 1500 feet), it varies along the length of the property.

When it comes to the beach, the ocean giveth, and the ocean taketh away.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Take a look at the ocean ver. They are little closer to the beach. In my opinion they are the best rooms.

Lp
    They aren't closer to the beach than the Beachfront, since the Ocean Verandahs actually sit behind the Beachfronts, right?. Here's a pic from my Ocean Verandah porch and you can see the back of the Beachfronts. We loved the Ocean Verandah!

And Chris is right, I was probably standing right by the water on that shot looking back the beach. Check out the aerial views on Google or the panoramic for a look at the entire beach.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Default beachfront veranda

My wife and I just returned from csa last night. Our room was the beachfront veranda and we absolutly loved it. We had a ground floor room, wich was ten steps from the beach. In MY opinion this is the only room for us, and well worth the money. There was no noise to speak of, except the ocean of course.