Thread: Questions

Default Questions

My husband was wondering if beers like Coors and Bud are served at CN or just Red Stripe?
    Who else going to be at CN the same time Dec.13-23, 2010?
    Would we be better off to take the majority of our spending money in travelers checks or just plain cash?
    Thank you for your responses.

Cash
    Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Loren-n-Venda View Post
    My husband was wondering if beers like Coors and Bud are served at CN or just Red Stripe?
    Would we be better off to take the majority of our spending money in travelers checks or just plain cash?
    No Bud or Coors, but he can find a Miller Light. However, I encourage him to try the Red Stripe - it's so much better when it's local!

Check out the CN Meet-Up thread for folks who will be there the same time as you.

And forget traveller's checks - all of the vendors and local prefer US dollars (and the resort takes credit). Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

i beleive miller lite is available in the piano bar, but you will
    like redstripe or redstripe light. cash works better, ones and fives for airport tipping the luggage guys and the bus driver

Who wants to drink Bud or Coors when they're on vacation?! (or anytime, for that matter). That's like eating hamburgers and hotdogs on vacation! Broaden your horizons a bit and try Red Stripe or Caribe, or better yet indulge in the dozens of amazing rum cocktails Couples has to offer.

My wife and I always try to do things on vacation that we don't do at home. That's what makes it memorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Loren-n-Venda View Post
    .....US Dollars are readily accepted. And Red Stripe is a far superior beer to Bud or Coors. The one thing that you will notice is no "After Taste" with Red Stripe.

"That's like eating hamburgers and hotdogs on vacation! "

We see a lot of that too !!!!
    as well as Guacamole and Chips...

And then there's people who complain that they can't get a Pizza !!!
    LOL

Miller Lite in cans available at all the bars. Red Stripe and Red Stripe Lite on tap and super yummy because it is so fresh. Guiness and Heinekin is available at the Piano Bar. Bring cash...and US money is actually preferred so don't worry about exchanging it. You will need to tip the guys who handle your bags at the airport a buck a bag...and the driver that takes you to the hotel. If you go off the resort, the all will take cash. There is an ATM at the resort but was broken in January and had been for awhile. All the ones in town usually dispense Jamaican money. There is also a currency window by the front desk that will break larger bills for you in your currency.

And you know what...the Beach Grille has the BEST french fries and they go great with a nice cold beer of any kind!

definetly cash and miller light and i think heineken in the piano bar. the red stripe light is awesome!!