Default dunn's river falls?

Does anyone know if they offer an excursion to Dunn's River Falls from CSW? If so, how far of a trip is it and how is the experience? Also, someone wrote that you should wear water shoes if you go. Is that a good reccommendation?

Default Hi

have done Dunns river falls many times when staying in ocho rios but I guess it would be at least a 3 hour drive from Negril ...however an even better trip from Negril and nearer would be YS falls which we havew not done before but supposed to be more natural and less busy perhaps you should consider this one
    Ian

What does YS stand for? Thanks for the reply

YS Falls is the name of the falls. Here is a little information about it.

Boasting a magnificent 7 tiered cascading waterfall, an expansive wading pool fed by underground springs, exciting canopy rides which carreen you down the alley high above the falls. river tube rides and spectacular views, adventure waits for you in the Jungle !

Dunns River Falls, you should save for your Ocho trip (CTI or CSS) it would be an ALL day trip to go to DRF from the other side of the island.

I am being told by someone who did Dunn's River Falls about 3 years ago that they forbid you to hike it in your own shoes, and that they GIVE you the water shoes? I was under the impression they will make you BUY them? Can anyone verify? We were going to buy them here at home to avoid paying for them there. Thanks in advance!

RisiLeigh:

DRF doesn't give you anything. They do have water shoes for rent ($5, I think).

However, they will let you wear your own shoes, if they're appropriate. I wore a good pair of Lands End water shoes when I was there last year, and they worked just fine -- and are very necessary!

What they don't want you to do is to scamper up the falls in some cheap flip-flops or sandals that might pop off easily. You'll definitely have bad footing with those. Sneakers aren't too good, either. Get some inexpensive water shoes stateside and bring them along.
    Last edited by jagorham; July 8th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

We went to Dunns in December 2008 and took our own shoes. They did not even ask us about shoes. I saw several people using their tennis shoes. Relax. Bring you own. NO PROBLEM MON.
    Linda

They scrub the steps every night on the route the tourists take I know this to my detrement as I have been up so many times with a group and deceided to go on my own and believe me those falls are slippy if you don't stick to the route and for your own sake just wear a decent pair of trainers and you will be fine but as said previosly if in Negril then visit Y S falls ..much closer.and looks terific without the crowds of Dunns river

If your staying at CSS or CTI definitely go.

If your staying at CSA or CN it's not that great of an attraction to waste a whole day traveling to it (that's just my opinion, so be kind message boarders).

We went to Dunn's River falls. It is a long drive so I would suggest doing what we did and lump the black river boat tour and the appleton estate tour with it. That makes it worth the trip for sure. we had our own water shoes and did just fine.