Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CTI A/N First Timers.....maybe

My wife and I are headed to CTI thanks to the SR in 3 weeks. We are excited about the opportunity to try out THE ISLAND, but a little apprehensive too.

We would feel much better if we could ease into the experience. Are there areas that are more private that we can try out first before the full immersion of the mass poolside nekkidness?

Does anyone have pics of the island's layout so we can scope out some less crowded areas? Any sandy beach areas to lay? The pics on the couples website focus mostly on the poolside area and I'd like to see more.

Thanks.

I'm not a regular islander, so there are others who will probably have better pics. But aer you step onto the island, go to the right (opposite of the pool) and it's more "private". The island though is rocky, as you can see from the few pics I posted, so there aren't any private sandy areas. Oh and check out the 360 panoramic views on the website - it's a great shot of what's on the island. Here's the link [scroll down the list, click on Tower Isle (also Tower Isle Bar) and wait for it to load in another pop-up window]: http://couples.com/11or/01orPanos.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Amy......this is the YEAR!!!!???!!!!! I promise ...you won't regret it! Ask Bruce.Before he and Kelli tried the island they were rather skeptical....now they are an islander's through and through!!!No pressure though...but I do highly recommend sampling it!

tigermon,
    You can get off the little islander taxi, turn right, and there are some more private areas.
    There is a little stair set, that leads down to the sandy area off the island as well on the right side of the tower.
    You will go, and she will fall in love with the island.
    It is a spot that will forever be on our minds, till we go again.
    We were just there this past Feb. Here is a link to my Picasa photos from our CTI trip.
    Quite a few of the island mixed in with others from our trip.
    Pics are taken when all are gone but us
    Enjoy, one love,
    http://picasaweb.google.com/barbprue...eat=directlink
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Justdiane View Post
    Amy......this is the YEAR!!!!???!!!!! I promise ...you won't regret it! Ask Bruce.Before he and Kelli tried the island they were rather skeptical....now they are an islander's through and through!!!No pressure though...but I do highly recommend sampling it!
    We hate to admit it, but Diane and everyone else were right. There's no place like the island. We're "those" people now. 38 days!!!

Barb, (Allisirie) -- LOVED your pics! You are so photogenic, btw...I loved the one of you dancing on the bed, reflecting the picture over the bed... This was the first time I saw the rooftop area, too....was that a cocktail party? That area wasn't open in Dec. when we were there. Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow, the rooftop area looks wonderful!!! What was going on up there?
    Ashley

The roof-top party was pretty cool. It was a martini party, with a guitar player sitting up there, with all those fun lights, and some plates of appetizers. Nice view of all the resort from up there.
    rae_Dave you will just have to go back and go to the roof-top party.
    Thanks for the compliments,one love.
    Barb

Thanks for the information everyone. Barb, those are really gorgeous pictures, and helpful in showing the island more completely. I am sure we will muster up the courage and join the crowd on the island. We will be packing some extra sunblock!

Why too many people are shy about getting nude in front of others. It really no big deal. There are 2 billion people on this planet and we all get nekkid almost every day. Only a select few get to do it in a tropical enviroment with a love one....shoot..go for it. You will not regret it. S&V

Right hand side.. you see people standing out on the point... thats not very private. But if you move left just a bit you'll see a rooftop, there are two nice huts there that have full foliage from behind so nobody on the mainland can see you.. and to the left of you is the tower, so the people at the pool/bar can't see you either.. it's pretty must the most private AN spot you are going to find there. There may be a couple to your left and right but everybody gives you the space you want... if you want to chat, they will chat, if you want to sleep, go ahead.. if you want to read a book next to your lover, it's definitely the place to be! We chose to sit in that area the first few times to the island, we did spend a couple hours at the pool on one occasion.. but we enjoyed the peacefulness of that part of the island the most... the sounds and sights are wonderful!

Now on the far left, you have the bar, pool, shower, and in the bushes there is a hammock... the only hammock I could find at CTI... although I must warn you, it leaves funny marks on your body for awhile!

We have a few picts of TI, which we'll post for everyone. Was when nobody was on the isle.

Does anyone have a good picture of the docks on Tower Isle ?

Please note, that I said DOCKS.

We've been to CSS twice. My wife is a bit hesistant to try CTI because she's worried about gettting in and out of the island taxi boat, especially after having a couple of drinks. It might help if she could see what the dock area looks like.
    nobody's favorite poster

Thanks for sharing. I am excited to see that they have put sand on the island where the rocks used to be and probably still are. Hopefully that sand is still there in July. It also looked as though there was more of a beach at the island. Again, it will be interesting to see if it's still there in July!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    Does anyone have a good picture of the docks on Tower Isle ?

Please note, that I said DOCKS.

We've been to CSS twice. My wife is a bit hesistant to try CTI because she's worried about gettting in and out of the island taxi boat, especially after having a couple of drinks. It might help if she could see what the dock area looks like.
    Unless something has changed, it is just a floating dock, very wide floating dock and I can say that this past visit, I did not fall into the ocean. Don't tell her, but it is actually more difficult to get into the boat from the mainland that disembark once at the island.
    Vicky

tigermon, just go to the Island early and take a right, find a quiet place and lay down and relax. The left side of the Island where the pool is is usually much more social, but don't feel as though you won't be welcome, because the more the merrier! First time the wife and I went we did just that, and she wouldn't get up to get a drink, so I had to go to the bar, no problem, took me about 20-30 mins to get back to our chairs as I ended up meeting and talking to a bunch of people. The next day, we were stationed right by the pool! Trust me, after a couple of hours you'll get "it" and understand why we all enjoy the island, there are no worries, no being judged, just enjoy.

As far as the dock, yes it's a floating dock, and fairly easy to get out of the boat or into it. Husbands, boyfriends, hold your woman's "stuff" and hold her hand and everything will be just fine.

As for getting in and out at the dock... if the water is a bit rough, they will drive the boat up onto the sand and you'll get out in the shallow water.

As for sand behind the island.. there is a little, or their was in November.

The transition from the pier to the boat requires going down a 3 or 4 step ladder and stepping down into the boat and vice-versa on the way back. The transition from the boat to the island requires stepping out of the boat directly onto the floating dock and vice-versa on the way back.

The boat-island transition continues to be problematic. There are still issues with floating dock (which is actually 2 separate pieces of floating docks tied together). The boat continues to take a pounding due to the rocky area around the floating dock, and the dock itself also takes a pounding and can be somewhat difficult to maintain balance on a windy day. A couple of weeks ago, the island was delayed opening one day due to floating dock repairs and finding a substitute boat while the normal one was being repaired. On another day, the boat was taking on water. It was quite comical watching the driver bailing water with a can while driving back and forth!

With all the renovations, I don't quite understand why they didn't build a more permanent dock on the island.

Here is an aerial shot:

Quote Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
    Here is an aerial shot:

Great Pic. Would like to get a copy of it full size.
    Irie Mon

Tigermon, we will also be there in 3 weeks, we arrive on the 24th, so we hope to see you there on CTI. If you try it once you will be hooked. The warmth and friendship of AN people in general are second to non, so relax, find your spot and enjoy.

Dave and Michelle

We went and loved it. Also got to try out Sunset Beach at CSS. Both were great. It will be hard to go back to the textile side!

The people were great and the atmosphere very relaxing. We will be back for sure.

Here are a few pictures I took last Oct. The first is the dock, the second is the ladder used to get in the boat, and the third is the dock on the island. I have more pictures of the resort, let me know what you would like to see. I hope these help. Frank
    Name:  100_3589.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  100_1445.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  49.2 KB

Name:  100_1326.jpg
Views: 2156
Size:  57.3 KB .

Congrats!!

I am glad you enjoyed the experience.

Don't feel obligated to return to the textile side...

Frank...More photos the better and thanks the the Island looks awesome.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast