Thread: New to Couples

Default New to Couples

Hello everyone!
    I have just booked for my husband and I to come to CTI on April 15-19. We never went on a honeymoon so this is our year late celebration.

Does anyone have any suggestions on food, drinks, and excursions? We are adventurous people and love to try new things. We sail Hobies here in Kansas and are looking forward to trying it out on clearer waters. This is also our first time leaving the country.

If you will be there while we will be, let me know

We'll see you there! We arrive April 8-18. Congrats on the belated honeymoon! We have another couple traveling with us who are doing the same thing. You will LOVE CTI!

Defintiely do all of the included excursions (Dunn's River Falls, the catamaran cruise, horseback riding), plus all of the watersports (snorkeling, hobie cats, kayaking, skiing, windsurfing, etc.) and the resort activities (pool volleyball, beach voleyball, etc.)...then if you still need stuff to do there is a tour desk in the lobby where you can book additional excursions.

As for drinks and food - try everything in the menu...twice! My favs are the purple rain, vodka slushy, dirty banana, dirty monkey, Jamaican browning, pina colada, loal sex on the beach...the list goes on and on! For food, we LOVE the jerk chicken, the Jamaican patties, snapper sandwich, pumpkin soup, omelets, curried goat...this list goes on too!

See you soon! Check out the April Meet-Up thread for a whole list of others who will be there at the same time. We have the April RumRunners and the April Amigos and both overlap.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank you Amy for your help! I found the April Meet-Up thread and commented there. Hope to see you there.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Amy (aka the Queen of Information) pretty much touched on all the inclusive activities offered at no extra charge by staying with CTI. Amazing, eh? So those will likely occupy a ton, if not all of your available free time.

However, if you're still seeking something additional to do off resort and don't mind spending some coin, there is the Chukka Canopy Tour, which features 9 ziplines, or Mystic Mountain, which features a zipline and a bobsled. I believe it also include one other activitiy, but what that is has escaped me for the moment. You can research it on your end to get more details for both excursions.

We'll try to keep an eye out for you, being that part of our stay at CTI will cross over with yours. We'll be there from 4/10 thru 4/16.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.