Default End of June Weaher---and other newbie questions

Hey all.

We are booked for CN from 6/24-7/1! I am so excited. We have been married (almost) 2 years (8/17 is our ann) and this is our first international vacation since our honeymoon. We went to St. Lucia and LOVED it.

Since then I have been to other island with my friends, but Richie has only been within the US. Needless to say, he might be more excited then I, just a little.

We are fully aware that it is hurricane season when we go, but how common is it to be hit by a hurricane at that time? When was the last time there was a bad (or any) hurricane in Negril? What is the general weather like that time of year?

Also, I have been reading a lot about needing bug spray. Is it day and night or just at night?

We would like to spend one day at Hedo II, and was wondering how far that is from CN? How safe is it to leave the resort?

We booked the Deluxe Ocean-Fall in Love room, how are those? Clean? Big? Bathroom ok?

Our flight (Jet Blue) is scheduled to land in MB around 1:19 PM. What time can we expect to get to the resort? When we leave, our flight (JB again) is scheduled to leave MB at 2 PM, what time do they make you leave Couples?

What is "The Couples Lounge" at the airport? Is it easy to find?

If we want to go to one of the other Couples resorts, do they provide transportation? How long of a ride is it, and is it worth it?

I am 30 and my husband is 41. We both like to have fun and party, but by no means get out of control. What is the average age of the guests at the hotel?

Oh, and the most important question I have is, do they have Patron Silver at the hotel?

Do people get sick from the water there like in Mexico?

I think that is all for now, that I can think of anyway.

Sorry for the laundry list of questions, I just don't know anyone else that could possibly answer them.

Oh, and is anyone else from NY, and/or going to be there when we are there (6/14-7/1)?

thanks so much again
    Nic

Quote Originally Posted by colee0411 View Post
    We are fully aware that it is hurricane season when we go, but how common is it to be hit by a hurricane at that time? When was the last time there was a bad (or any) hurricane in Negril? What is the general weather like that time of year? June is the beginning of hurricane season, so you should be fine. However, the weather is unpredictable. But June is low on the scale for average rainfall. While a hurriane is rare for Jamaica, they can happen. I believe Dean and Ivan both crossed over the island in 2007. No worries, mon!

Also, I have been reading a lot about needing bug spray. Is it day and night or just at night? Just at night. I packed those bug repellant wipes and they worked great at CN

We would like to spend one day at H II, and was wondering how far that is from CN? How safe is it to leave the resort? It's just as safe as any other city or town, just use good common sense. H is only about 5 or 10 minutes from CN. My sister-in-law stayed there one year while we were at CN.

We booked the Deluxe Ocean-Fall in Love room, how are those? Clean? Big? Bathroom ok? The rooms are clean and very nice. They aren't huge, but you won't spend much time in it anyway. Check out the website for a picture of the Deluxe Ocean: http://couples.com/13cn/35rooms.htm

Our flight (Jet Blue) is scheduled to land in MB around 1:19 PM. What time can we expect to get to the resort? Assuming you get through Immigration and Customs in good time, and there isn't any traffic, you should be at the resort around 3pm. When we leave, our flight (JB again) is scheduled to leave MB at 2 PM, what time do they make you leave Couples? They make you leave about 4 hours prior to departure, so you'll be on the bus around 10am. And on most of our trips, we've need all four hours to make the drive and get through security before boarding.

What is "The Couples Lounge" at the airport? Is it easy to find? It's the place where your worries fade away and your vacation begins! It's located at the exit, once you clear customs. You can't miss it. I've attached a pic below.

If we want to go to one of the other Couples resorts, do they provide transportation? How long of a ride is it, and is it worth it? If you sign-up for the Romance Rewards program, then you can take advantage of the Trading Places porgram and be able to visit CSA (the other Negril Couples) for one day. If you want to check out the other resort, then it's worth it. You can visit from 10am until 4pm and can have access to anything that does not require reservations. Couples provides transportation. Here's the link to the program: http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#Can...ouples_Resorts

I am 30 and my husband is 41. We both like to have fun and party, but by no means get out of control. What is the average age of the guests at the hotel? The average age is early 20s to late 70s. Honestly, there are couples of all ages and at Couples, it's just a number!

Oh, and the most important question I have is, do they have Patron Silver at the hotel? Probably not. Tequila isn't one of the major liquors in Jamaica, so I don't know if they would have this top shelf brand. They have tequila, just not sure about PS. If they do, it would be in the piano bar I'd imagine. Don't get your hopes up though.

Do people get sick from the water there like in Mexico? Nope, absolutely not! The Jamaican water is perfectly safe to drink.
    Have a great trip! You will LOVE Couples!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We will be there for our 2nd trip June 20-27th. You are going to LOVE IT! Last year was our first trip and we had a blast. We're in our mid 30's and felt completely comfortable...we made friends of all ages. I know it sounds weird, but it's true! I'm not terribly outgoing normally, but at CN, everyone is family.
    The main advice I would give you is to bring HEAVY sunscreen! My husband and I don't normally burn, but we got burnt the first day (our own fault). The ocean is so calm and relaxing that we just hung out for hours out in the ocean and didn't continually apply sunscreen. We ended up paying a fortune for 70 SPF sunscreen at the resort. So, bring high SPF sunscreen.
    Bugs weren't a problem for us.
    The beach at CN is amazing. I can't even describe it's beauty!
    We had a blast in the piano bar each night. They have dance parties and other activities and it's really fun.
    Don't forget the Catamaran cruise! We will probably do it more than once this year. It is awesome! Lots of drinking, dancing and swimming!

We will be there June 20-26, getting married June 23. We are also staying in a deluxe ocean front room...maybe we'll be close by!
    I am also a newbie. This is my first time to CN, but my fiancee's 2nd. We're a little older than you guys...I'm 47 and Mike's 52...not that it matters! I can't wait! We'll be there before we know it!