Default CSA Room location

Hello

We are booking 2 weeks @ CSA and we are looking @ rooms types
    My wife loves a great view of the ocean and the sound of it, with a large balcony .
    We would like to be as close as possible to the ocean, but not ground floor, the 3rd floor corner is best.
    We would like to know the building and room number, if possible, that has what we are looking for .

What is the difference between Beachfront suites and a Beachfront verandah suite?

Is there a map with building numbers that would give us an idea as to where the rooms are situated.

I'd be happy to send you a map (amy.welch@hotmail.com). When I post on here, it's pretty small.

One difference between the Beachfront Suite and the BF Verandah is the location. On the map, the BFVS are all in Buildings 42, 43, 44 and 45. The Beachfront Suites do NOT have televisions. they also only have 2 floors in smaller buildings (4 suites per building). The BFVS have 3 floors and the buildings are larger (with 12 suites per block).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

You will want to keep in mind that you can book a room category, not a specific room/building/floor. Everybody wants a corner room and half the people want top floor. They just can't give that to everyone. Your room is assigned upon check in.

Beachfront suites have no TV and are in the older section of the resort. If TV isn't important to you, this may suit you as I believe they only have 2 on the 2nd floor and 2 on the first (except for a couple where the whole first floor is one suite)(someone will correct me if I'm wrong ). It's the beachfront verandahs that have 12 to a building, 3 floors, 4/floor. But these will have a TV.

We were in 4215 which is in bldg 12 of the map. The view of the ocean was small because of the trees and building in front of our room. we liked that we were close to 2 of the restaurants, beach grill, pool bar and piano bar/night club. With our verandah doors open (which they were all week) the sound of the water hitting the beach was romantic yet calming. We slept like babies. Our room was 2nd floor and not corner like we wanted but it was quiet and beautiful.

Hello

Thanks for the info

so a few more question

1. I have been reading that the road in front of the BFVS is very noisy at night?
    2. Do the BFVS have flat screen TV? We will be staying for 14 days and love Survivor lol.
    3. Read some thing about no windows? do the BFVS have windows?
    4. Can the noise from the night club be head from the BFVS?
    we are light sleepers.

Thanks

BFVS are furthest from the road... the waves will be louder than the road from there...

Yes, they have flat screen TV's, but here we have DVR...

Yes they have windows, but not many (unless you're on a corner)..

No, you won't hear the night club... its inside at the GreatHouse, and its well insulated from the outside...

We'll also be there about the same time, arriving on May 22... cya there!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Hi Molly - we have always stayed in a BFVS at CSA, and love those rooms. You cannot hear any road noise from those rooms - they are the rooms the FARTHEST from the road. The BFVS rooms have windows if you have a corner room with shutters. The middle rooms just have the french doors opening onto the patio/balcony. If you are looking for a huge balcony, then the BFS rooms have the biggest balconies, but the BFVS room balconies are plenty big (big enough for a couch, end tables, coffee table, rocking chair and there's still lots of space).

They installed flat screen TVs in all the BFVS rooms recently (note that the BFS rooms DO NOT have TVs).

You will not be able to hear the night club from the BFVS rooms. However, we did notice that we COULD hear the party on the beach being held at the resort next door to CSA (rhymes with "peaches"). Late at night, the music just seemed to carry down the beach. So, you may hear music one or two nights if you leave your verandah doors open, but it is not coming from the Aura Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly229 View Post
    Hello

Thanks for the info

so a few more question

1. I have been reading that the road in front of the BFVS is very noisy at night?
    2. Do the BFVS have flat screen TV? We will be staying for 14 days and love Survivor lol.
    3. Read some thing about no windows? do the BFVS have windows?
    4. Can the noise from the night club be head from the BFVS?
    we are light sleepers.

Thanks
    1. If you meant the main highway that you drive on to get to the resort, the BFVS are the furthest from the highway. If you meant the main walkway that runs through the resort, then yes that walkway runs right in front of the BFS and BFVS's, and yes, there is a lot of traffic on it. Some people like this, some do not, it's entirely up to you. We had a 2nd floor BFVS, and loved it, partly because of the access to the beach, and partly because we are people watchers, and love to just sit on the patio and watch people walk by. As for NOISE, we found that during the day, yes you can hear everything going on, but for the most part after the sun went down, everyone seems to hush up a bit when walking along the pathway. You can still hear things, but it's not disruptive at all.

You WILL hear people walking by in the mornings, including the staff wheeling carts along the path to deliver breakfast and refill the ice chests for the buildings. Although this did not bother us, I can see that it might bother others.

2. Yes, they have flat screens, and yes you will be able to find Survivor.

3. The BFVS have shutters with plexiglass windows on them. the interior rooms only have windows in the bathrooms and the doors to access the verandah.

4. We were closer to the Great house in our BFVS, and as has been mentioned, you can't hear the music from the night club. The BFS's are much closer to the Palms and there are shows in the evenings. Some of the BFS's are very close to the Palms, so I'm sure you can hear the music from there. We could not hear any of the music from our BFVS.

I know it has been said but remember you can book a room catgory but not a specific room and or floor. Read Randymons post on it from this week!!!!

When we talked to our agent, we asked the same question. We took the BEACHFRONT VERANDAH SUITE because it is closer and has a better view of the ocean. no trees in the way! the other has trees blocking a partial view of the ocean.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate that.

I guess there is alot of hoopla over people choosing rooms, floors and buildings.

I can understand not getting the room you want, and I can even see, in a very small way, not being able to choose a building, however, I cannot understand NOT being able to choose a floor.

My wife and I never stay on a bottom floor when travelling, for personal reasons (long story). If this is a health/wellness issue, then I think that Couples could make acceptions to their rules.

We are planning on visiting CSA in Feb. for 2 weeks and are getting married there. This is at least an $8000 trip for us. I am questionning whether I want to spend that kind of money and have to worry and stress over not being able to get a 2nd. or 3rd. floor room.

What to do.....what to do!!!

I have to ask the question. Does any resort take reservations for specific room locations? Whether it be floor, building or room number. I don't know how they could guarantee such a reservation, particularly if they are at or near capacity and with daily turn over of guests arriving and departing at different times. I am not a highly experienced traveler, so my question may be asked in ignorance. If so please enlighten me. I just don't see how it could be done.

Molly229, it is up to you to make the decision on how important that floor assignment is to your wedding/honeymoon vacation. You can ask for it on arrival and they will do their best to accommodate you. But it can not be guaranteed that you will get the floor you want. From experience, we have asked for a first floor, corner room when we checked in on our last two trips. We got first floor each time and the corner room once. Not a bad batting average, but not 1000 either.

Good luck. Have a great trip, where ever you wind up.

Here is what you do....you book, and when you check in ask for an upper level room...if one is not avail at the time ask to be moved ASAP when one is. Just that simple. What Randy is saying is that they will not honor requests at time of booking, or at least that is what his post states.

Personally I hated the idea of being on the ground floor, but then this last time we were put in one and I loved it...simple and easy access when going out and in, and the fact that when they bring your breakfast it's delivered right to your balcony rather than walking through the room to put it there (hubby sleeps in). Not to mention I felt fine about the people walking by it wasn't loud or not private enough....just my opinion.
    Erika & Sean

Sobszak - just to clarify, there are plenty of palm trees in front of the Beachfront Verandah Suite rooms, too. In most cases, they do partially block the view of the ocean, and can definitely block your view of the sunset. Not to say that the view is anything less than breathtaking. I just don't want you to think that there's nothing inbetween you and the ocean in the BFVS room.

If you can not book a floor or building which Couple's resort room type affords you the best chance of not having someone in a room above you and is quiet at night.

Quote Originally Posted by j.sobczak.j.lusk View Post
    When we talked to our agent, we asked the same question. We took the BEACHFRONT VERANDAH SUITE because it is closer and has a better view of the ocean. no trees in the way! the other has trees blocking a partial view of the ocean.
    Your travel agent is mistaken, there are trees in front of many BFVS. They are all right on the beach, but many do have at least a partially obstructed view. I don't want you to be dissapointed by erroneous information.

"We took the BEACHFRONT VERANDAH SUITE because it is closer and has a better view of the ocean. no trees in the way! the other has trees blocking a partial view of the ocean. "

That's not entirely true- about the trees

I understand that travel agents cannot make room commitments. However, if I was in a wheelchair and there was no wheelchair access to the above floors, would they put me up there?

If I have a mental illness that prevents me from being on a bottom floor because of an attack I would expect the hotel would accomodate me. With a Dr's note, of course.

The bottom line is that all vacations are an adventure, it just bothers me when restrictions are put in place that prevent one from hoping for something they wish. We book, we arrive and we hope..... that's all anyone can ask for.

We were at CSS in Feb. and loved it. They accomodated us beyond measure and I have nothing but good things to say. We will see what happens over the next few months, I guess, and then decide.

Hello All

Thanks for all the info.

My wife" to be" is now thinking about the great house rooms.I was looking for Pic's of the rooms but could only fine the ones on the web page, Does anyone have any Pic's of the view/room, just to see if there like the web page,
    one last thing, what room is better for the view and sounds of the ocean ,the BFVS or the Great House room ?