Default Beaches at CTI update

I just called the 800 number and they informed me that indeed the beaches at CTI have recently been "pummeled" and indeed, they are very damaged. However, she reiterated that the beach still has plenty of room to sunbath. I asked couples to post something on the MB with photos but she did not think they would do this. I am hoping that the beach repairs itself soon I am going back in July.

PS if anyone can post pics from CTI from March 2010 this would help many of us here on the couples board.

Thank you if you can from all of us.

Sure thing. We will be arriving on Friday and we'll take a few extra beach pics
    Ashley

We just got back, and there is 'tape' up in front of the watersports hut. There's about a foot of beach left there. This was my first trip to CTI, but there is still lots of beach left - - it certainly wasn't crowded when we were there.

No worries! It's just nature taking its course (hubby is a geologist..LOL!). The sun will still be shining, the drinks flowing and there's still plenty of room to lounge on a beach chair. Everything be irie, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We just got back from CTI yesterday. The beach is indeed VERY damaged, such a great shame as it happened so quickly. We arrived on the 22nd Feb and it was in perfect condition, left 8th March and it sure was a mess on the left side of the resort (looking out at the ocean) but there is still plenty of beach left on the right side. They have already had to cut one of the trees down as it was probably getting too dangerous to leave, and 3 or 4 others are looking a little dangerous also.
    We found it very difficult getting in and out of the sea as bits of rock etc have been washed up from where the beach has eroded.
    During our 2 week stay the sea was very rough almost every day which is what has caused the erosion. We spoke to many staff who told us that it has often happened but never has been anywhere near as bad as it is now and i think they are getting a little worried at the destruction that has been caused.
    You obviously cannot control the weather but unfortunately in our 2 week stay we only managed to get on the hobie cats once, the sea was far too rough for the water sports and the flag was red most days.
    After saying all this please do not be put off going, evidently the beach will return in the near future and once the sea calms there will be full watersports again.

Quote Originally Posted by glenalk View Post
    We just got back from CTI yesterday. The beach is indeed VERY damaged, such a great shame as it happened so quickly. We arrived on the 22nd Feb and it was in perfect condition, left 8th March and it sure was a mess on the left side of the resort (looking out at the ocean) but there is still plenty of beach left on the right side. They have already had to cut one of the trees down as it was probably getting too dangerous to leave, and 3 or 4 others are looking a little dangerous also.
    We found it very difficult getting in and out of the sea as bits of rock etc have been washed up from where the beach has eroded.
    During our 2 week stay the sea was very rough almost every day which is what has caused the erosion. We spoke to many staff who told us that it has often happened but never has been anywhere near as bad as it is now and i think they are getting a little worried at the destruction that has been caused.
    You obviously cannot control the weather but unfortunately in our 2 week stay we only managed to get on the hobie cats once, the sea was far too rough for the water sports and the flag was red most days.
    After saying all this please do not be put off going, evidently the beach will return in the near future and once the sea calms there will be full watersports again.
    Very well stated. Altho we're hoping to get some hobie cat instruction/sailing time in, as Amy put it, nature always has the ultimate say in matters like this. Thankfully Couples and especially CTI offers so much in terms of activities, that even if the opportunities for watersports are reduced or even eliminated, there's still plenty to do. We will NOT be bored, of this I'm positive.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Wow! I cant believe they had so much erosion. I would have thought the island and reefs around the island would have protected the stretch of beach in front of CTI. Oh well we will be on the Island most of the time anyway but it is a shame.

The beach at CTI is coming back nicely, you would never believe that a couple days ago we could not use a portion of the beach, the beach will be back to its natural form when you arrive in July 2010. Looking forward to welcome you.

Default Thank you for the updates

That sounds awesome. My wife and I have been a loyal Couples family members since 1996 and have visited all except CSA 2-3 times. CTI is by far our favorite; however, we do miss the lions. We are very much looking forward to coming home after the $30Mill renovations to CTI. Could Randy or you post photos of the new beach? Our, favorite location was the large low growth tree halfway between the Dive shop and the old Beach grill. Is the Jerk chicken still the same at CTI? For some reason CTI’s Jerk was always the best, and the spiciest. Do you also know if there are any private coves left in the tropical garden areas?

Mark