Hybrid View

Default just needing advice...

My fiance' and I are booked for CSA in Sept. 2010, for our wedding. We are super excited but very nervous...our travel agent has changed our plans a few times, and detail info has not been very clear. Our ceremony is at 11am, and advice or info that you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated!!
    signed, excited yet nervous, Kelley

What plans has the agent changed? If you are speaking about the flights, then the airlines changed not the agent. Is it a local agent? If it is make an appointment to discuss your concerns and you would like an invoice with a little more information. Keep in mind that the flights can change a few times before you leave,the agent has no control over that.
    I have been to all 4 resorts and by far CSA is my favorite. You will have a beautiful wedding and a fantastic honeymoon. The wedding cordinator will make sure that everything is taken care of. Follow the thread for weddings, there is a wealth of information on there, and I'm sure everyone here will be more than happy to reassure you and offer advice.

Default just needing advice....

THanks beachsam, for the reassurance. Our problem has been that our travel agent is an independent agent, and has given us misinformation about rooms, changed prices on us 6 times in the last 3 months, convinced us to buy price protection insurance but failed to tell us stipulations on using it. Offered us family and friends discounts, but yet charging us at minimum over $400 in comparison to other agents now, so our wedding party is going elsewhere for a cheaper price!! And the list goes on and on.......but we are currently in contact with the wedding planner and are finally getting some questions answered. I guess I'm just nervous being a wedding and all!!!LOL! But the message boards are helping with info, thanks for taking the time to reply, every bit of info helps!!!! Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by ksmuz69 View Post
    . . . . [O]ur travel agent . . . has given us misinformation about rooms, changed prices on us 6 times in the last 3 months, convinced us to buy price protection insurance but failed to tell us stipulations on using it. Offered us family and friends discounts, but yet charging us at minimum over $400 in comparison to other agents . . . .
    Since you're already booked, it looks like your stuck with this travel agent for this trip. Next time, save yourself the hassle and book your vacation directly yourself. We've never needed a travel agent to book any of our vacations, including 17 trips to Couples Resorts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Kelley, Please email me and I will try to help you with the questions to ask your agent to make sure you are recieving the best possible prices/service.

beachsam1@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by beachsam View Post
    Kelley, Please email me and I will try to help you with the questions to ask your agent to make sure you are recieving the best possible prices/service.

Wow, what a nice thing to offer. Just love this board, the nicest people around hang in here.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Completely agree with beachsam and Ron & Rose 25! Not many people out there would help like that.

ksmuz69, your family & friends are not obligated to this agent. I would either find another agent to book their rooms or work directly with the groups department at Couples to get them booked.(unless they have already booked at other locations).

As a TA, the only thing different between us and a computer is our impeccable service! These types of TAs are the one that give the rest of us a bad name.

Pamela, please do not discourage others from using a local TA. It may not be for you but many like the personable service you recieve with a good TA. Also, it is a great way to support your local merchants by 'buying local' and does not cost the client anything and many times are able to find better pricing than onlin. In this economy, it is very important to support all your local merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by No1conner View Post
    Pamela, please do not discourage others from using a local TA. It may not be for you but many like the personable service you recieve with a good TA. Also, it is a great way to support your local merchants by 'buying local' and does not cost the client anything and many times are able to find better pricing than onlin. In this economy, it is very important to support all your local merchants.
    We use a TA that isn't local, but they are experts in working with the Couples resorts (they've been to all the Couples resorts multiple times, including over 50 times to CSA!) Having a TA with that kind of first-hand experience not only gives you someone to give you advice on all the "insider secrets", they can also make sure your stay will be a good one by working their contacts at the resort to ensure you get a primo room.

We first used our TA for our honeymoon to CSA 2 years ago, and we had such a good experience we used them again to book our upcoming trip to CTI (3/20-3/27).

A good TA can also give you advice about which airlines to fly, which airports to fly through, what off-resort activities are worthwhile (if any), and the names of key people at the resort so you can ask for someone by name if you need to. Plus if there are ever any problems with your flights or room accomodations they can usually step in and deal with the problem so you don't have to.

It really does make for a much more "care free" vacation when you know someone else is handling all the "boring" details for you.

Kelley, my offer still stands if you want to email me. I will try to answer any questions you might have. Just to let you know I have been to all 4 Couples and will be returning to CSA for the 5th time 4/30, and I am bringing friends that don't ever do all inclusives! My raves about CSA have convinced them.
    beachsam1@comcast.net