Default Q for Randymon-Insulated Mugs

Hi Randymon!!

I read in the FAQs that bartenders will not fill insulated mugs- can you tell me why that is so?

Thanks!

Hi TravelBug,

The answer is simple. Cost and Waste. Some people have brought mugs that require half a bottle of Rum to fill. Bars are convenient no matter where you are at the resort. When you need/want a drink, we will be happy to serve you in a glass or plastic cup, depending on which bar is serving you.

No Mugs will be filled with anything other than water.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Hi TravelBug,

The answer is simple. Cost and Waste. Some people have brought mugs that require half a bottle of Rum to fill. Bars are convenient no matter where you are at the resort. When you need/want a drink, we will be happy to serve you in a glass or plastic cup, depending on which bar is serving you.

No Mugs will be filled with anything other than water.
    WOuld it be OK to get a drink from the bar in said glass or plastic cup, then pour it into our own insulated mug? I don't normally use one, but its not a bad idea to keep my frosty beverage frosty longer (when it lasts that long).

TravelBug
    I take insulated mugs everywhere we go. Although the bartender wont fill your mug, just order the number of drinks your mug will hold and pour them in yourself.

And with flag service on the beach and at the pool you don't even need to get up out of your chair.

Last year, after a day on the beach, our server knew what we drank so when she saw our flag go up she just brought us a drink instead of coming, asking and then bringing. Don't worry you really won't miss the mugs.

Are mugs allowed at all? My mug fits 2 drinks, keeps them cold, no sand and don't have to worry about tipping over (the mug, not me). Can I just order 2 drinks and then pour them in my mug?

This seems pretty silly to me. We've been to CSS twice, and never once have I thought, "wow, my vacation would be better if I just had a mug." I understand Couples not wanting to pour out a lot of product because people didn't finish it, and since no one can guarantee that someone else will finish theirs, it makes sense.

Plus, Couples will give you as much to drink as you want, they just give it out in reasonable sizes. Let's not forget that for most of us, more frequent interaction with the bartenders is a plus.
    I'm just here for the food... and the beach... and the drinks... and the entertainment... oh, yeah, and the suite... well, okay, and the sunshine... oh, and the staff, can't forget them.. Ah, heck, I'm here for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandan View Post
    WOuld it be OK to get a drink from the bar in said glass or plastic cup, then pour it into our own insulated mug? I don't normally use one, but its not a bad idea to keep my frosty beverage frosty longer (when it lasts that long).
    The solution to that is just to drink faster. We brought a sigg last time for water, but we had all our drinks in couples glasses.

a simple solution to this is to leave your insulated mugs at home and instead bring a couple of those foam drink cozies that you typically use for cans. These slip easily over the plastic cups your drinks are served in and serve the same purpose - helping to keep your frosty drinks frosty for a bit longer in the hot sun. My hubby and I used them on our trip to CN in 2008 and they worked great.

I think Randymon's made the Couples policy clear... the bartenders are not allowed to mix your drink into your mug... figure it out from there.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Simply said, no mugs please.

Couples Resorts