Thread: Potholes

Default Potholes

Daft question and not all all related to Couples but in the UK i think most of us drivers are spending a lot of time avoiding potholes in the road after our cold snowy winter.
    Now some of you in the US have winters way harder than we have had: my question - do you get potholes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Daft question and not all all related to Couples but in the UK i think most of us drivers are spending a lot of time avoiding potholes in the road after our cold snowy winter.
    Now some of you in the US have winters way harder than we have had: my question - do you get potholes!!
    Where I live in south central PA we received 50 inches of snow over a 6 day period, now that it is starting to melt, oh my !

You could lose your car in some of the pot holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Coming from Southern Ontario we suffer through pothole season every spring. The auto repair shops love it I'm sure.

BC

Patty, we have potbunkers.
    So big, you can lose your car.

I lived in DC for five years and I cannot recall being subjected to the potholes that we have here. However, I do recall someone saying that they did not have 'Shellgrip' on their road surfaces (whatever it may be - some sort of anti skid ingredient for wet weather) Of course I could have just dreamt it and made the whole thing up.

The pot holes and sleeping policemen drive me crazy. When I had my Fiesta I used to have to get the bushes replaced every year (don't know what bushes are either but they had to be replaced due to speed bumps, potholes etc)

I now have a Picasso and not had same problem although just recently I have noticed a slight juddering and wondered whether to get my wheels balanced.

By the tons, especially this winter. The alignment shops here are all booked up. It's awful right now.

Yes, yes, and YES. My poor little car is hating the local roads and we didn't even get that much snow/ice this year. (though it was more than in recent years)

Having lived in both England and America, I have to say the roads in the UK are FAR better kept than here. However, you do have to pay a fortune in road taxes to keep them that way!

Thanks for the reply's - Potbunkers i liked that one.
    this was my first post since July 2009 i've missed the board stayed away to long.

my husband owns a repair shop in Mi and we have major potholes. The state is broke and can not fix them. Sadly they do cause damage to cars if you hit it just right.

My god, yes! Google "Chicago potholes." It's a nightmare. Some that will actually damage your car.

...from the pothole capital of the world... Wisconsin!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I'm not sure we get the number of potholes, nor the dimensions of them here in California like those in the colder climates, but nonetheless we get them out here as well. When you have as many cars riding up and down the streets and highways as we have, you're gonna get potholes, there's no getting around that. And with the local and state budgets being so financially strapped these days, those potholes don't get repaired with the same expediency as they had been in better times.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I live in the DC area and after a really hard, snowy winter, the potholes are the worst I've experienced.

What was once a leisurely drive is now a stunt driver training course.