Default Just booked CTI, but still not sure

My husband and I will be traveling to Jamaica for the first time in June. I just booked with CTI, but am considering changing to CN. We love that CTI was recently renovated, has a private beach, and has more inclusives (Dunn's River and horseback riding). I also like that an oceanview room is truly ocean view. What keeps me looking at CN is the picture of the beautiful beach.

So...Please help me decide! Also, which place is best for CAT cruise, snorkeling, and water sports (I've noticed red flags seem frequent at CTI).

Thanks for any advice! Can't wait till June!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    My husband and I will be traveling to Jamaica for the first time in June. I just booked with CTI, but am considering changing to CN. We love that CTI was recently renovated, has a private beach, and has more inclusives (Dunn's River and horseback riding). I also like that an oceanview room is truly ocean view. What keeps me looking at CN is the picture of the beautiful beach.

So...Please help me decide! Also, which place is best for CAT cruise, snorkeling, and water sports (I've noticed red flags seem frequent at CTI).

Thanks for any advice! Can't wait till June!
    We love both. So two trips to CN, two to CTI, then back to CN next year!

With your love of the beach and watersports, I'd give CN the nod. Try CTI next time.

By the time this posts, you'll undoubtedly have received plenty of advice from those who will hawk their particular favorite resort. What I usually suggest differs from most because I take the approach of determining needs first, literally ranking what's most important on down, then matching those needs with a specific resort. Fortunately with Couples, there will almost always be one property that seems to best fit a person's specified criteria.

You have to determine what matters most to you and your SO. Now some features may be subject to compromising, whereas others you simply have to have it a certain way, no questions asked. Those are the ones you need to rank first, then rank the rest accordingly. Once that's done simply match the resort which best fits those needs. You may be surprised that you chose the right place after all. Either way, good luck.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Stay with your original choice.

The beach at CTI shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentance as CN. Negril has the best beach & the Sunsets are unbelievable. So really it depends what's important to you.

We just got back from our third trip to CTI and the renovation is truly beautiful. As usual the staff was fantastic and we had a wonderful vacation. That being said, we have also been to CN and loved it. If beach is your priority, you can't beat CN. If au natural is your thing you can't beat the island at CTI. We did have 3 red flag days out of 6 which sounds bad, but really it is 3 out of 18 total days we have been there. Can't go wrong as long as you chose Couples.

CSA has the best beach hands down, no question about it!

We have been to CTI three times in July and have never had red flags.
    Vicky

Default Close call but CN is my first choice

Just returned from CTI, was at CN last year in February.

I prefer CN primarily for the spacious beach and tropical flowers, rustic beauty. CTI more like a nice condo/apt complex.

You can't go wrong at either. A matter of personal preference for sure. My ratings as a somewhat tough critic.. CTI gets 8 out of 10; CN 9 out of ten.

Have a great trip!!! Enjoy!!!!

Be well!!!!

Thanks so much for the advice! We've changed to CN and we're thrilled. I think it was really our favorite all along. Let the countdown to June begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Thanks so much for the advice! We've changed to CN and we're thrilled. I think it was really our favorite all along. Let the countdown to June begin!
    I think that sentence I highlighted says it all. The vets on this board will say that CN "spoke to you". However you want to phrase it, you obviously kept finding yourself drawn to all that CN has to offer. It was the itch that needed to be scratched.

Good for you that you gave it a ton of thought before selecting. As you'll read on this board from time to time, there are those who book first, then start having second thoughts later. You did it the right way. Enjoy!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.