Default CSA Halloween 2010

Any one planning to spend Halloween 2010 at CSA. We will be there October 27-November 3. We are getting married at CSA Friday the 29th and would love to hear from those who will be there at the same time. Also, any repeaters during this time of year, I am curious about how the weather treated you during Oct-Nov in the past.

Hi ablondie,

This is our 4th trip to CSA and you picked the perfect weather. We are celebrating our 20th with a vow renewal. We will be there from the 26th of October through the 3rd of November. I hope you love the place as much as we do. Our daughter is getting married on the 23rd of Oct and we are trying to convince her to honeymoon at CSA. It is absolutely magical. I hope you can take a bit of time from honeymooning to join us on a jerk tour hosted by a dear friend of ours. We hike about 3 miles down the beach to partake in some of the local cuisine. It's a lot of fun.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Hey Tonia and Blonde - We'll be rollin' in on Friday the 22nd and out on Sunday the 31st. I'll be posting a Jerk Tour shortly. Either Thursday or Friday (10/28 or 10/29).
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We will be there over Halloween, we are getting married at home on the 23rd and going here for our honeymoon, we cannot wait!!!

Ricky, we are just about at the 6 month mark, wow, it seems like only yesterday huh? Can't wait! I'm sure the next 6 months will fly by. Have a great time at CSA and you must bring some sauce back from Bourbon Beach, I need to have some this May! I will give you and Karen a call this week.
    SweetLMF, my daughter is getting married on the 23rd too. I'm trying to talk her into going to CSA with us. Of course you probably don't want to hang with your parents on your honeymoon. Haha! Hopefully you will join us on the jerk tour that Ricky (Fawnridge) gives. It's fun and you get to see a little of the real Jamaica.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

We cannot wait to go!!! You should email me so we can try and meet when we are there, lfischer83@msn.com Lisa :0)

We'll be returning to CSA for our 2nd visit from Oct 23-30!! It's been five long years since we were there last! And we are totally in for the jerk tour! It sounds awesome!!
    Chad & Anna

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Hey Tonia and Blonde - We'll be rollin' in on Friday the 22nd and out on Sunday the 31st. I'll be posting a Jerk Tour shortly. Either Thursday or Friday (10/28 or 10/29).
    Ricky, I swear next year we need to coordinate our October vacation better.

Default Six Month Mark

Here we are at the six month mark. Summer will fly by and before you know it, we will be at our beloved CSA. Looking forward to meeting new people and of course, hanging out with our friends Karen and Ricky.

YaY for six months!

Default October 29 - November 2

We have met many great friends at couples and this will be our 3rd trip to swept away (we stayed at Tower Isle once in 2005). We are 36 and live in Indiana. We are not SWINGERS, but would like to make more great friendships with others who love to vacation in paradise!

robbins2600@comcast.net

tracir53, I don't understand the Swingers thing, this is our fourth trip to CSA and I have yet to meet any swingers, are there a lot of swingers at CSA? Honestly I've never met any while there. If anyone has gotten the impression that I'm a swinger, the only thing this 47 year old swings is her 3 year old granddaughter at the playground.

Default misunderstanding

Dear firegirlsheet boy: I wasn't referring to you personally, so please, don't take it that way. We have NEVER been approached while at Couples, however, while at another "couples only" resort in Punta Cana, my husband was approached and invited back to a couples' room! After that, my husband told me not to do the Meet up with Couples Board, because maybe that's how we got into the other situation. So, I was just throwing that out there. Just posting based on personal experience, not trying to be insulting, just not wanting to give the wrong impression to people.

We are looking forward to our first trip October 3-9. Curious about October weather? And would also like to know what is the Jerk Tour. We would love to see "real" Jamaica - but have been warned about getting too far from the resort.

We're both singers. I often break into song while in the shower and Karen likes to sing along with the car radio. I was going to... oh, swingers? Like a monkey on a vine? No? They do what? Oh.

Never mind.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by DanandCindy View Post
    We are looking forward to our first trip October 3-9. Curious about October weather? And would also like to know what is the Jerk Tour. We would love to see "real" Jamaica - but have been warned about getting too far from the resort.
    The Jerk Tour is a chance to sample some real Jamaican jerk, not the tourist version (very good, nonetheless) served at the resort. We Leave from the south end of the beach at noon. Walk around 2 miles to Bourbon Beach, back to Best In The West, and finish up at Ossie's; just 50 yards from CSA. Bring small mason jars for sauce, take a Pepcid early that morning, and taste the real Jamaican Jerk.

Bourbon Beach is around 2 miles from CSA. Everyone should bring a bottle of water or two, but there's Red Stripe and Pepsi available all the way up the beach.

Most folks can eat a quarter chicken - drummer and thigh - or share. Bourbon Beach makes very good chicken, but marginal pork (if they have any at all.) They have a great brown sauce and the chef will give anyone 3 or 4 ounces in a small Mason jar. From Bourbon Beach, you walk back north about a mile to CocoLaPalm. Cross through their resort (everyone does it, no problem, mon) and you'll come out to Manley Boulevard. Best In The West is diagonally across the road. Cross carefully. Again, great chicken, probably the best of the three, and standard jerk sauce - Grays and Ketchup - but it's important to get a taste of the sauce used by 90% of the jerk shacks in Jamaica. Continue north on Manly Boulevard about 1/2 a mile and you'll come to Ossie's on the same side(you can see the south lobby of CSA from there - last photo.) Skip the chicken, but load up on the pork and make sure you use plenty of her green sauce! She will also give you 3 or 4 ounces of sauce, if there's any left, but it will cost a few bucks.

For those who want to go back to Ossie's (since it's only 50 yards from CSA) they don't start serving food until 1pm.

This event is not sponsored by or in any way, shape, or form a Couples activity and there's no charge, except for the great food! And for those of you worried about leaving the resort, this is totally safe. Your biggest danger comes from eating too much.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by tracir53 View Post
    Dear firegirlsheet boy: I wasn't referring to you personally, so please, don't take it that way. We have NEVER been approached while at Couples, however, while at another "couples only" resort in Punta Cana, my husband was approached and invited back to a couples' room! After that, my husband told me not to do the Meet up with Couples Board, because maybe that's how we got into the other situation. So, I was just throwing that out there. Just posting based on personal experience, not trying to be insulting, just not wanting to give the wrong impression to people.
    tracir53, you didn't insult me, rather I thought maybe I was coming on a bit too strong with mention of the jerk tour and meeting people. The first few years we went, we kept to ourselves, but now we enjoy chatting and having dinner with our friends, and making new ones. Of course we all have alone time too. Will you be there over Halloween? Maybe we will see you at the Repeaters Dinner. Or maybe you both will go on the jerk tour to Bourbon Beach for chicken one day with our guide Ricky, it's fun. Less than 5 months now. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    We're both singers. I often break into song while in the shower and Karen likes to sing along with the car radio. I was going to... oh, swingers? Like a monkey on a vine? No? They do what? Oh.

Never mind.

Goofball!!! Hey, we are thinking about changing our reservation and adding the 24th and 25th of October, instead of coming in on the 26th. We would leave right from Leanne's wedding and head to the airport. Love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DanandCindy View Post
    DanandCindy, we always go at the end of October and so far the weather has been perfect. In the mid to high 80's and not too much rain. It's our favorite time to go. During the day it is perfectly safe to walk up and down the beach, people do it all day long. I would use caution at night (just like any place). I know some people go off site to the clubs and stuff, but I can barely stay awake past eleven pm.

Dear firegirlsheetboy:

Glad to hear from you- I don't usually get on here, but hoped to see you had read my apology. We will be at the Repeater's Dinner on Monday night. We arrive on October 29th and depart on November 2nd. This will be our 3rd trip to Swept Away. Not sure about the Jerk Tour, because I have a rather sensitive belly; although my husband can drink jerk sauce from the bottle. If you need to find us, we usually lay out 15 feet from the beach bar 10am - 2pm every day. I am a paralegal and my husband is a plumber/pipefitter; we have 4 children between us; we are 37 and live in Indiana. Would love to hang out. How many times have you been to Couples? If you want to contact me directly: robbins2600@comcast.net

Traci

Default CSA Halloween 2010

HAPPY 4th of July!!!SOOO, Who will be wearing halloween costumes?How many brides can we get to show up?JUST KIDDING LADIES!!!our friends call us Herman & Lilly repeat couples couple,returning Oct.24/Nov.2 first time CSA."Negril is in our Hearts!counting the days,can't wait to meet you'll,so really anyone Masquerading for Halloween? G.r.i.t.s.(Girls raised in the South)

Default oct 23-30th 2010

Hi.. We'll be at CSA for the fist time on the 23rd of October.. Can't wait to get there and meet some of you. My husband and I are so excited. Also trying to get friends to join us there. I think it's only 78 days away!!!

moveme - check out the Jerk Tour below.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida

79 more days, but who's counting?!