Default Sans Souci questions

I have been to Couple Negril 4 times and we think we want to try Sans Souci.

Any good pictures of the beach out there? I don't see any good beach photos on the website.

I know it isn't the Couples Negril Beach but do people go into the water and what is it like?

Do they have floats we can use in the water? I see pictures of blue floats in the pool pictures but there are not pictures of the chairs on the beach. Do they have them at the beach?

I have seen property maps of Couples Negril labeling the buildings. They tell you what block the room types are in at Sans Souci but don't tell you where the blocks are! Any maps out there?

One more question.. How is the snorkeling?

Thanks.

Let me start by saying CSS is a very romantic and unique. However the beach water is not negril or bloody bay.
    1) we spend all our time on SSB the beach is serviceable the entrance is rocky and requires you to wear water shoes or take your time.
    2) the water the weeks we have been has always been the same rougher then bloody bay and much cooler due to the river the enties into the ocean right in front of SSB
    3) there are floaties avail. Off SSB a relaxing float was not in the mix due to the river which pushes you out i do not think this would as big an impact on the textile side

We go strictly to experience SSB we are beach folks and you cant compare long or bloody bay to the ochi side of the island.
    If you manage your expectation you should have a wonderful time

We've been to CN and we're thinking about trying CSS as well. I've seen some maps of CSS on the site somewhere. Look around through the various boards and pages. I'm sure you will find them. Try a search for "CSS and block".

Here's one thread with a map that may help some.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthr...ighlight=block

Here's a link to a thread on the AU NATUREL board that has some great photos of Sunset Beach.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=6137

ENJOY!!!

Default Flickr link

Hi Samantha,

CSS Photos:
    Jeffmon posted this link to his pictures of CSS, and there's hundreds of them, along with some photos of CSA.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/couples.../14165702@N05/

We've decided to split our trip this December between CN and CSS, and we're really looking forward to trying yet another Couples property.

So, since we're CSS newbies too, I can't answer your "how is the water" questions.

Amy has a CSS map showing where the room blocks are. Maybe she'll jump in and email it to you.

Beergirl

There are a ton of photos on http://www.flickr.com/groups/couplesresortsphotos/ with more getting added each day.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Here is a map of the building layouts for CSS. If you click on the image, you will get a really large version so you can see all the details.

I hope this helps.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Brief history lesson....I was once a CN Die Hard Only Fan..I would not hear of trying any resort except CN..Would NOT listen to it..Well,several ladies spiked my Salty Dogs and got me to agree to go to CSS..I tried for months to get out of this but they held me to my word.

Results...I went to CSS in April 2008 and fell in LOVE with it..Just fell in LOVE with CSS..So,I just added CSS inside my heart right next to CN..Next month we are doing a CN-CSS split.

Visit CSS..Couples Sans Souci....Try CSS and see if my advice is not 100% correct.

Book CSS....GO.RELAX.ENJOY CSS and have two Salty Dogs for me..ruff Ruff

DO IT.

Hugs from 10 0 C
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Does this help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are some more pics.....
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks for the awesome map.... but where's the Hibiscus Cottage located? I didnt see it on the map. Are we going to have to take a shuttle to get to the beach? Ha! Ha!

Yes there are chairs and floaties for the beach at CSS. The beach is very small, but the ocean can be fairly calm like at CN. If you go in more toward the sports hut there is less ocean 'grass'. We found the snorkeling at CSS to be better than CN because of all the seaweed in the swimming area. The ocean is shallow a long ways out just like it is at CN. The sand isn't as deep and soft like CN, but they do run a tractor with a rake on it daily to help soften up the sand.

We did spend several hours floating in the ocean, but I will admit that it wasn't like CN and we missed it, but I will tell you that we fell in Love with CSS and are doing a CSS/CN split next November and we can't wait. If I could figure out a way to get there this year I would do it.

CSS is fabulous and you really should try it. We have been to CN 3x and this past November we tried CSS. They both hold a very special place in our hearts and I really can't tell you which one we love more. They are both fabulous places.

One thing we did one afternoon which was lots of fun was to wander the entire resort and swim in all of the pools and soak in all of the hot tubs. That is an afternoon I won't soon forget.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Thanks for the awesome map.... but where's the Hibiscus Cottage located? I didnt see it on the map. Are we going to have to take a shuttle to get to the beach? Ha! Ha!
    Yes you will! It's at the very top of the cliffs, just past Building G. It's beautiful! On the map, it's labeled "The Hideaway".
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

A couple of things about the beach: While small, it's entirely private, which is very nice. Also, in terms of guests, the resort is the smallest of the three, and the population is usually split fairly evenly between the textile side and the AN side. Add that to the fact that there are also people at the pool(s), off-resort or doing other things, and the result is that I've never seen the beach get crowded even when the resort is at capacity.

Thanks for the pictures and answers. I have booked CSS for next year and can't wait. We are excited to try something different but oh so familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Yes you will! It's at the very top of the cliffs, just past Building G. It's beautiful! On the map, it's labeled "The Hideaway".
    Actually, "The Hide Away" is the massage hut that extends out over the ocean. I have not been able to find the Hibiscus Cottage on the map.

Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    Actually, "The Hide Away" is the massage hut that extends out over the ocean. I have not been able to find the Hibiscus Cottage on the map.

Thanks for the clarification! I should have remembered that because we had the BEST massage in the Hideaway.

I do know that the Hibiscus cottage is past Building G, and looks out over the cliffs.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Maybe it's the one labeled "The Retreat" on the map?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

On the map posted above, the Hibiscus Cottage is not labeled. It's the bldg right under the words "Beauty Salon" all the way over on the right.

Thanks, JackieMRP
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Let me start by saying CSS is a very romantic and unique. However the beach water is not negril or bloody bay.
    1) we spend all our time on SSB the beach is serviceable the entrance is rocky and requires you to wear water shoes or take your time.
    2) the water the weeks we have been has always been the same rougher then bloody bay and much cooler due to the river the enties into the ocean right in front of SSB
    3) there are floaties avail. Off SSB a relaxing float was not in the mix due to the river which pushes you out i do not think this would as big an impact on the textile side

We go strictly to experience SSB we are beach folks and you cant compare long or bloody bay to the ochi side of the island.
    If you manage your expectation you should have a wonderful time
    Sorry, I am a newbie. What is SSB? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KayakChick View Post
    Sorry, I am a newbie. What is SSB? Thanks.
    ssb== sunset beach CSS's AN beach complete with beach swim up bar and grill possibly the best AN set up in JA

Thanks for the info on the Hibiscus Cottage... can see why they wouldnt label it. It looks like you aren't even in eye-shot of the water! We all know that's not so, or that would be in the reviews!! Hibiscus Cottage at CSS here we come...218 days!! (But who's counting?)

Mikel,
    The map is the original map of Sans Souci before it became a Couples resort. It was GL Sans Souci before Couples. The map is an accurate description of the location of the buildings and has been updated with the new names of the restaurants etc. since Couples purchased it. I think that was around 2006.