Default Questions for CTI Rookies

1) has anyone done the white river rafts and are they any good.

2) If we are spending our 1st night in Montego Bay are we able to take the shuttle from the airport the next morning to the resort?

3) Do people bring travelers checks or just cash? How much do people use in one week?

4) How easy is it to get early check in?

Thanks for the help, looking forward to paradise, 5 days and counting

Cannot comment on #1, but...

2) Yes. Come to the airport and ask some employee outside to pull a Couples rep out there for you. They'll confirm you are on the list and you'll be ready to board shortly. Don't leave your expensive sunglasses on the benches during the excitement.
    3) Cash...how much is subjective. We've spent as little as 200 bucks and as much as 2k.
    4) Easy. Your room may not be ready, but the bar opens at 10a.

Quote Originally Posted by zbrannon View Post
    3) Do people bring travelers checks or just cash? How much do people use in one week?
    Bring cash -- travelers checks are a pain to use in Jamaica (if you can use them at all). You won't need nearly as much as you might think. Mostly you'll just use it for tips, and possibly any off-site shopping or excursions. Most of what you buy at the resort can be charged to your room, and you can usually use a credit card for purchases at the airport.

We usually bring a couple hundred dollars each. Be sure to bring lots of $1s, $5s, and $10s for tips wherever tipping is necessary (i.e. off the resort). Also, smaller bills are good because some vendors will try to give you change in Jamaican dollars, so small bills allow you to give them the exact change.

If you're concerned about the security of your cash while traveling to and from the resort, wear a money belt.

does CTI take American Express?

I am not really a cash person. Can I use a credit card at the resort? Is it recommended that you use cash for off resort purchases? I am just trying to make sure that I understand what to do. I can use a credit card to charge stuff to my room at the resort. Please help me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I am not really a cash person. Can I use a credit card at the resort? Is it recommended that you use cash for off resort purchases? I am just trying to make sure that I understand what to do. I can use a credit card to charge stuff to my room at the resort. Please help me!!!!
    You can use a credit card at the resort for everything. However, anything you might want to purchase from a local craftsman or vendor, they only take cash.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank u so much for your assistance Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by zbrannon View Post
    1) has anyone done the white river rafts and are they any good.

2) If we are spending our 1st night in Montego Bay are we able to take the shuttle from the airport the next morning to the resort?Yes you can, I would stop at the Couples Lounge and set up a pick up time and location. You will need to go to a bus stop out side the airport.

3) Do people bring travelers checks or just cash? How much do people use in one week?Cash is required for tips and street vendors only. Everything at the resort can be paid with a credit card. Look into a Capital One card because they do not charge fees. We normally bring $400 in small bills, 1,5, and 10. 20 and bigger are hard to cash.

4) How easy is it to get early check in?It all depends, but you have full access to the resort when you show up. They will keep your bags safe for you.

Thanks for the help, looking forward to paradise, 5 days and counting
    Yes, Couples does take American Express.

Enjoy.
    Irie Mon