Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default night time skinny dipping?

any night time skinny dipping going on for those of us that are a little shyer in broad day light than under the silvery moon.

<<<<doesn't skinny dip in the ocean at night for fear of those hungry fish that like to nibble.

I'll stick to the hot tub and soak my bunns.

Unfortunately at CTI there is nothing designated at night for such activities?
    Some use to take over the Buddha pool late in the evening. But I think with the recent complaints about this. I think its being frowned upon.
    At CN They do have a Hot tub on the A/N side that we would go to every night. And quite often would run into other couples that were too shy to try it during the day.... Not that we are shy....Anymore .... (I think officially is suppose to be closed at night.) But it is great to sit in, look at the stars, meet new friends who in a million years wouldn’t try it during the day.
    I wish Couples Resorts would offer a designated place at night to take your cloths off to take a dip without worrying about offending anyone.
    Those that have never done it won’t understand ...The ones that have...No explanation necessary

I would love to skinny dip..but afraid of hungry fish...but I am thinking it is roped off? for the bigger fish not to come thru

Default bigger fish

I still remeber that scene from "JAWS" back in the 80's......that one keeps me out of the ocean at night

It would be very nice if those Couples resorts that have AU during the day would make some provisions for nighttime AU as well. Between 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m., for example. It would be wonderful have dinner and then join friends in a hot tub or pool to talk and look at the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by tad View Post
    It would be very nice if those Couples resorts that have AU during the day would make some provisions for nighttime AU as well. Between 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m., for example. It would be wonderful have dinner and then join friends in a hot tub or pool to talk and look at the stars!
    I would have to agree ... It would sure make it easier to choose Couples everytime we go back to Jamaica if they offered this.

The only resort that doesn't offer an 'after hours' AN option is CTI. At CN there is the AN hot tub that is available after dark and at CSS you can go over to SSB and swim in the pool or get in the hot tub.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default no worry

Have taken many late night skinny dips in bloody bay. I don't understand the fear of hungry fish. The same fish are out there at day time as nights.The hot tub is fun also

I would have totally thought on the Au naturel side this would be a regular thing. We are looking forward to some naked night time in the hot tub at CN in April 20-27. Sounding more and more like the resort goes to sleep very early

No problem here...can feed the smaller fish and still have plenty left....LOL. We look forward to anything possible swimming au natural at all times of the day and night. S&V

Default Night time?? Hey Let'sd do it..what the Hey?

Sure there are other's who fear night time predators. What the Hey...we are going to trick them by only going up to our knees...with just a taste up to the crotch...It will be fun. S&V

Been swimming and diving at night for years. Even with a light never had a issue, problem is when the pranksters hide your clothes so you streak back to your room....

We were at CSS 2 years ago tried using the hot tub and Pool at night ..Everything was dark and locked up.A little creepy ... Has it changed ?
    Would be nice if they kept the bar open. If they had that going everynight It would be a no brainer where I would be at least once a year.
    CSS Is really a beautiful place.

We were at CN in Jan. For some reason I remember seeing a sign closed after a certain hour . We used it every night anyways and enjoyed it. Still would have been nice if they had a bar open there.Brought our own drinks and made the best of it. ....... And while Im dreaming... A pool at Cn A/N area would be nice too !

Default AN swimming at CSS

Can you swim AN at CSS at night in the pool? I've seen some posts and questions about this same subject and wonder if anybody knows it can be done or has done it themselves.

We've been to CTI (Couples Ocho Rios when we went) several years ago, loved the island, and plan on going to CSS this summer. Stayed on the cliffs in Negril during our first visit to Jamaica. Looking forward to going back. It's been too long!

Yes you can swim in the hottub or pool AN after dark at CSS. The bar will not be open so no liquor, but if I remember correctly the red stripe still flows. Also, the guard will be out there and will turn on the lights if you ask them to. I speak from experience and doing it the last two years we were there.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Default Curious as well

I have the same question. My husband and like to feel a little freer at times and the night draws that out. But think just going over to the SSB after hours would suit us as
    well.
    SweetT

Default SSB at night

On our previous visits, we went over to SSB for a late night a/n hot tub or swim almost every night. No one ever said we couldn't, and usually the guard will turn on a light for you. Yes, the bar is closed, and yes, it is dark, but it is also perfect for couples that don't want to try SSB during the day. Just bring drinks from your room. If they "chain link" SSB at night, we would be very disappointed. Just keep it a secret!!!

Sue&Mike
    CSS 6/22-6/30 2010

Buddha pool... We just got back from CTI on the 29th... spent our days at the island and then another couple told us about the pool. Its heated and there are also two hot tubs! Super private behind the spa. We went out with 2 other couples and had a blast! No one bothered us. One of the bartenders even gave us a bucket of beer to bring over with us.

But don't be shy head over the island everyone is so nice and way more fun then the people back on the beaches!

Default Hot Tub A/N

It is great to know that SSB has the late night Hot Tub open late hours. Excellent news. We are down to 88 days and can't wait
    SweetT

Default Something I should mention

There is something I should mention about swimming in the pool at SSB at night. You might not be alone!

When we were having our after dark AN pool party one night, we were just wrapping up when we noticed this had been swimming with us (see photos below).

We were told by the staff that he lives in the rocks of the waterfall/grotto. We didn't notice him until he climbed out with the rest of us at the end of the party.

He was pretty big with huge claws, in my opinion, at least when you have been swimming with him naked!

I guess he wanted to head over to the beach bar with the rest of us.

We did not see him last year at our party but I was on the look out for him. So, just keep an eye out for our friend and everything will be irie mon.

Note: the last two photos were not of the same crab but I thought they added a funny element to the story.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Anybody know if you can still go skinny dipping in the ocean at CSS after dark? This is a big sell point for my wife and I!

I don't think they will stop you from skinny dipping in the ocean at SSB, but would at the main beach at CSS. But we haven't tried it at either, so really not sure. At SSB the water is rocky and there is a river current, and it takes a while before it deepens, so I've never considered it an option.

I had also wondered about the pool/ocean on SSB. Never made it there to try a night swim last year, but am hoping to this year as long as it is allowed.

While I am sure it is allowed at SSB, I am not sure I would do it, at least not without doing it during the day first. When wading at SSB, you have to cross an underwater sandbar which then drops off pretty steeply and non-uniformly. So at least go on a night with a good moon or you could easily twist your ankle, blow out your knee or much worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast