Thread: beach toys

Default beach toys

so... 5 weeks and counting until our trip!

I was wondering, does Couples provide any beach toys? beach balls, water floaties, etc? Obviously I'm not asking for a sandpail and shovels here but would it be okay for us to bring a soccer ball to kick around on the beach or something, as long as we don't disturb other people??? We're a more active couple, not as prone to lying around on a lounger all day (although we will be doing our share of that too, no worries!) so just wondering.

There are floaties (the lounger cushions are floats), volleyball, bocce ball and I think horse shoes (??).

We've brought a nerf football in the past to toss around in the water, and I've seen other people bring stuff like that.

We already saw Couples prohibit water ballon launchers do to a potential life threating leg injury. The thought of a women sitting drinking her rum punch while some Giorgio Chinaglia circa 1976 wannabe decides to practise his errant penalty shots does not sound appealing.
    Anyone ever see the Brady bunch episode with marsha and the errant football you will get the image

I know across the street from the S resort there is a soccer field which would satisfy your soccer jones

There are floats on all the chairs, usually they do have volleyball, bocci court, and have seen the watersports guys participating in a soccer or cricket game on the beach once they are finished for the day. Have also seen the entetainment staff setting up pool volleyball. Trust me there are all sorts of things going on during the day for those that choose to participate. There is a board posted everyday with all the activities. You will have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    so... 5 weeks and counting until our trip!

I was wondering, does Couples provide any beach toys? beach balls, water floaties, etc? Obviously I'm not asking for a sandpail and shovels here but would it be okay for us to bring a soccer ball to kick around on the beach or something, as long as we don't disturb other people??? We're a more active couple, not as prone to lying around on a lounger all day (although we will be doing our share of that too, no worries!) so just wondering.
    All of the resorts have floaties for the water -the white chair pads you see in all of the pictures double as floats. The entertainment staff also usually have some beach toys, though I'm not sure what each resort has. I know CSA has beach toy boxes near the volleyball net with footballs, etc. Of course, the CN and CSA beaches are bigger and have more room for kicking a ball.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

If your trip is to CSS, the staff actually plays some soccer out in the field near SSB on some days.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    If your trip is to CSS, the staff actually plays some soccer out in the field near SSB on some days.
    They also play basketball on the court behind the Beach Grill on SSB.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We actually did have the unfun experience of people playing football OVER OUR HEADS while at CSA!! We were nowhere near the water, in fact closer to the tree line. The guy closest to me nearly landed on me twice, and knocked over their drink table. Gee, you think maybe playing where people aren't sitting might be a good idea? We moved, even though we had been in that spot for several hours before they showed up. Their blaring radio helped our decision. Geez, if I wanted the Jersey shore, I'd go there!

I'll just ask for consideration if using beach toys, please!

"Of course, the CN and CSA beaches are bigger and have more room for kicking a ball."

Hmmmmmmmm

Ayslinn

Last year my husband and I barrowed a tennis ball from the entertainment staff. We used it to play catch in the ocean. There were zero people around us!!!! I think I may bring a frisbee this year along with the ball we barrowd last year

21 more days til CN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Thanks for the responses everyone. Don't worry, we won't be on the beach shooting soccer balls at people's heads or spilling people's drinks! I promise.

We might, however, borrow one of those tennis balls to play catch with (good idea!) or have some fun with an inflatable beach ball out in the water.

Thanks for the responses, can't wait for vacation time!

Take the inflatables or nerf type and leave for the staff with a note.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    I was wondering, does Couples provide any beach toys? beach balls, water floaties, etc? Obviously I'm not asking for a sandpail and shovels here....
    Whoa, wait a minute here.....you mean they DON'T offer a sandpail and shovel??? So like what am I supposed to do all day then?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Ron -

The good news is that you can wander over to Cosmos' souvinier shop and buy it!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Well Ron, the last time that we were at CN I used a plastic cup to dig in the sand. And they really cool part was that if you turn it up side down it will make a nice turret for you castle.

they have floaties and there is always a vollyball game going
    on the beach. i've never seen soccor balls or frisbees