Default Review, wait no RANT about CSA on TA...

So I frequent TA and WHOA, just read a rant on CSA...I just don't understand some people and their expectations.

Some of the things stated were down right crazy...at least I have been here and I know better but for the poor people trying to make a decision on CSA this review would scare anyone away! Garbage all over the resort(c'mon..), Oceanfront room didn't have a full on ocean view (well duh! if you would have done your research you'd know that), sand in the bed, musty smell in the room (you're in the Caribbean, turn on the air you'll be fine!)

They stayed at CSA for a total of 3hrs, 3 hours and threw a tantrum in the lobby. Yet they talked up the Iberostar like it was their job! Sigh...ok I'm done now <shaking my head in disgust>

It has since been removed, I just don't understand some people's expectations/motivations..
    Last edited by EinWI; March 12th, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

Default Rant on T/A

I saw that review as well and even took the time to email the poster. I was suprised T/A allowed it at all, given that the person had an entire three hours onsite to garner an opinion.

Ha!! I saw the same review. It got me so mad, I emailed them!!! I couldn't believe it. Glad to see those lies about my home away from home was removed. 54 days and counting...

I saw that review also and am glad it was removed. I thought that the poster must work for the other resort. We are going to CSA for the first time in June so I didn't feel like I had the right to send them an email, good to know you repeaters did. But come on 1300 plus reviews that are great and 46 poor reviews who are you going to believe!!!!!!!!

87 days and counting

Sometimes I read TA for entertainment...

Seriously, it becomes obvious after a while, from what I've read about some of these posts (don't waste my time there, myself) that this practice of dissing one resort in favor of another would never happen on a monitored board. I mean, full openness is one thing; anarchy is quite another.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I sent an e-mail as well and never heard back, glad to know I was not the only one...LOL.

ah yes TA. i really get a kick out of some of these type reviews/attacks on a given resort. my favorite statement was a complaint about the swimup bar at Swept Away before it even existed.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by EinWI View Post
    I sent an e-mail as well and never heard back, glad to know I was not the only one...LOL.
    I did get a return message, the poster was not happy that I called out gramatical errors, (twice advised that she was trying to contact cooperate about her issues, I knew she meant corporate)

I just really think someone was having a bad day and there was no way to please

Blues,
    LOL she never got back to me, oh well.

TA have just put the review back up. Not sure why they would put it back. Couples should look into TA getting it removed again ASAP.
    Has someone opened a CSA we dont know about. Come on they cant be talking about Our CSA

Bob Marley anyone?

it's by the same person but the review is different, she didn't offer up her personal e-mail this time.

I complained to TA last time which may have resulted in it being pulled and i did it again this time so hopefully her nonsense spewing will be pulled yet again!

ETF, I'll see your Bob Marley and raise you a Hummingbird

While we were at CSA last week, there was this obnoxious guest staying there who we saw unfortunately more than we wanted to. Being a big-mouth, complaining the bar wasn't open early enough, etc. Anyway, I'm kind of glad people like him and the person from TA don't "get it"......it saves CSA for us, who appreciated it for what it truly is.....paradise!

Cheers everyone!

Penny

ETF,
    Gary from Couples did reply and here is the response he gave on the message board. Here it is below.

After long discussions with persons that dealt with this guest and reading between the lines (as I have not spoken to them).

I note that In their review they clearly knew what IB resort was a perfect fit for them. I am so surprised that they did not even look at a photo of CSA before they booked us.

The guests booked through a tour operator. The tour operator is actually the company that refunds money paid NOT the resort. Most Tour Operator contracts state that if you do not show up - there is no refund. I may be wrong but I believe that the guests did a "day trip" to Negril with the intention to check out so that they were not a "no show".

After a hour or so, the guests asked to leave as they did not like the resort. I am told that they did not actually state that any thing was wrong.

I can only guess that when their travel agent told them that there was no refund from their tour operator They chose to write a scathing review on Tripadvisor much of which is pure fabrication.

Gary Stephens

Vice President of Operations

COUPLES resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsgirl View Post
    ETF, I'll see your Bob Marley and raise you a Hummingbird

While we were at CSA last week, there was this obnoxious guest staying there who we saw unfortunately more than we wanted to. Being a big-mouth, complaining the bar wasn't open early enough, etc. Anyway, I'm kind of glad people like him and the person from TA don't "get it"......it saves CSA for us, who appreciated it for what it truly is.....paradise!

Cheers everyone!

Penny
    Penny I will see your Hummingbird and raise you a Blue Mountain Bobsleigh with a Jack Daniels chaser. Your correct, you cant please everyone all of the time. However, 99.99999999999% of people that visit CSA fall in love with the place. We did last June and cant wait until next month to get in a car drive 3 hours to the airport then 10 hours on a plane followed by 1 1/2 hours on a bus to get back there.

Bob Marley anyone?

As a long time user of TA, I do post both good and bad reports on hotels, Always a HONEST opinion! I always read more than one or two reports when checking out a place. It's easy to read between the lines on some of the ones that are off balance. (Negative or positive) This report was clearly a advertisement for the other resort and not a honest evaluation.

AMEN Penny! WE leave in exactly 3 weeks and I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!

I just read the review, I thought that I was in an episode of "Lost" and this was some type of alternate reality!
    While I did not really see it as a advertisement for the IB resort, I did see it as a person that did not do any research at all. They state they got married at IB and it was exactly what they wanted. So what we have is someone who wants a large, marble, glitzy, huge pool place with lots of people guiding them in different activities. So they get to CSA and do not see the glitz, marble or huge pool, they have left the honeymoon high and this is not the place they really want to be, they are longing for glitz.
    So if they saw a beer can it became a pile of garbage. They could not see the ocean because a palm tree was in the way---well for goodness sake, Couples should have just clear cut all those pesky tress down!
    There really are quite a few reviews on TA that are really quite descriptive and if she had done any research or had at least talked to a travel agent, instead of online booking agent she might have saved alot of grief.
    I did send her a message and will be curious as to what her response will be.
    I did also object to the content to TA, let's see how long they leave it up there. I think she reposted just to add fuel to her quest to get her money back.

I do believe they were caught in the Lost time continuum.

I also read the review. I felt it was more of an advertisement for the IB resort. I think she already had her mind made up before even arriving at CSA that she was not going to like it. I loved Gary's response to her review, honest and very straight forward. Perhaps he needs to respond to this latest review as well. I sent her a message as well....no response. I also objected to the content of her review but they haven't removed it yet....even though countless numbers of people have complained. I do frequent Tripadvisor, but you have to take each review with a grain of salt.

Oh I got a response yesterday from her, I sent her a message as well just to find out what in the world could have happened to give her such a horrible experience. To summarize she said she "HATED" this resort and the people who love it so much are "CRAZY". The reason she wrote it again was due to her poor spelling and poor punctuation/paragraph formation. Which her e-mail was chock full of.

Oh well I'll take it over some marble laden, pretentious mega resort any day! MORE FOR US who LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 20 more days and We'll be there! I want to start packing now, LOL!

I got an AWESOME response, too! SOOOOOO funny! She didn't answer any questions, and only said I must have never been anywhere 5 star. Best part was when she wrote, "Nice name LEW!" I never realized that Lew (short for Lewanda) was so darn outrageous! I feel like a rockstar! Oh yeah, see all you at CSA!!!
    Lew

LOL, just an immature Barbie who didn't get her way.

TA can be so amusing. I loved her post. it keeps all the pretentious boobies home and away from such a wonderful resort.

Jeez, she never even answered me. I asked her why she chose IB to get married at and then changed resorts. If marble and glitz and hundreds of people call to you then you should just stick with your first choice!