We are finally here in paradise after a 2 year wait - first with Norwalk virus, renovations and last year opening postponed. We arrived Sunday March7, 2010 to a cloudy day but "everyting" alright.
Couples lounge at the airport had complimentary Red Stripe beer and water. Customs were quick and efficient. Trip on bus took approx. 2 hours to Couples. With our friends were the only 2 couples to arrive at C.I. Byron greeted us like we were family with Kirk and Lea-Shell at the desk. They had fruit punches ready for us. Seeing that I needed special needs as I have difficulty walking stairs - they changed our rooms to the main building which has an elevator.
The view is fabulous from our balcony. The room well appointed.
Small problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Coffee pot in the room, bath robes provided, flat screen tv and towel art on bed.....Our rooms are # 3310 and 3304.
Nature walk with Fabian first thing in the morning was informative, the grounds were well manicured. We met Mr. Henry, the general manager, and his passion- orchids. Mr. Henry went the extra mile to make our stay even more special. We met the 2 macaws and Pepper the parrot.
Bars are plentiful serving premium liquor. We'd like to mention Sharon, Nicolette and Antoinette always serving with a smile. Jermain, a newbie to C.I. served drinks eloquently at the main pool.
Many inclusions at C.I.: glass bottom boat tour with Delon, the captain, horseback riding with Clive and the guys, Dunn River Falls with Prince, our chauffeur, and Sugar Daddy, our photographer.
Massages were fabulous.......
We plan on going on the catamaran cruise today.
Tower Island great for nudies with a swim up bar, great view but the food on the trays should be refrigerated as they are exposed to the sun all day.
Entertainment group: Kadian, Matthew, Naesha - were great, they were very animated activity oriented organizers - Bob Marley trivia, Bingo, rope game, pool games etc......
All the staff, too many to name, from the grounds keepers, cleaning staff, waiters, Robert the boatman, were friendly and efficient.Everyone took the time to talk to us when we approached them and they has a genuine smile.
Fusion band provided almost nightly entertainment- female vocalist exceptional. Steel band 'out of this world" played Happy Birthday for friend's birthday . Dance group amazing.
Breakfast Verrandah restaurant champagne with orange juice and varied selection of bkfst items.
Lunch Patio Grill - beef and chicken patties, jerky chicken, fish, hamburgers, onion rings, fries, coleslaw.........delicious.
Veggie Bar; greatest plantain chips served with smoked marlin dip and hummus.
8 River restaurant:reservations required, food good, service slow.
Bayside restaurant: asian cuisine, food great, chef visited table for any comments.
We are enjoying our stay and don't want to go home but we'll be off to Sandals resort Ocho Rios on Sunday - a review to follow