Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nov-Dec 2010

Default Nov-Dec 2010

Yay!! were booked. we finally got the schedules locked from work and booked for the week after thanksgiving, Nov 27th to Dec 5th at CSA. We can't wait to go and have a week of fun and sun with other great people. 259 days and counting!!!

We're in... Almost the exact same dates. Wooo Hooo!

Jeff & Marybeth

Sounds like we will be getting there the same day as you.

We're booked Nov 25 to Dec 03.

We'll have to find and say hi to everyone.

We'll be returning for our 14th time, Nov.22 to Dec 2. Never been this early in Nov. before.

We're booked Nov 25 to Dec 5 . . . Rober and Judy from Gastonia, NC.

Solrunner - were you there last year at the same time and ran the marathon? If so, I think we met on the ride to the resort. I was in awe that you were going to spend a week at CSA prior to running a marathon. Not sure you'd remember us as all we did was lay in the sun. We're Matt and Julia from Colorado.

Ok we are booked. 11/27-12/3. This will be our 4th trip to CSA.

I'll go ahead and kick off the pictures. Look for us and our friends on the beach or at the swim up bar and say hi.. Also, there will be many trips down the beach in search of fun and jerk chicken. All are welcome!

Jeff and Marybeth

Name:  Jeff & MB Irish Fest.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  76.6 KB

IACouple, what are your flights? we're connecting threw Memphis and get to Mobay at 145 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    IACouple, what are your flights? we're connecting threw Memphis and get to Mobay at 145 pm.
    Sounds like we are on your flight. We fly from DSM->MEM->MBJ
    Last edited by IACouple; April 12th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

I was thinking about planning an evening excursion off of the resort to one of the sunset bars or something. Anyone else have and suggestions for something like that?

IACouple,

We're off the resort almost everyday walking down the beach, and I really enjoy eating lunch "off campus" as we call it. Last time at CSA I started to use the route taxis to get to and from the West End Cliffs.

Up on the Cliff's
    Ricks is Ricks.... I never look to go there, but I'm never unhappy if I happen to end up there at some point. We're traveling this time with a couple that is new to Negril, so I'm sure will have to spend some time at Rick's
    I like 3 Dives a lot, but its pretty rustic and simple. Definitely not Rick's. Push Cart is on my radar to try this time. It's the old Pirates Cove.. I think the people from the Rockhouse run it now... but I'm not sure.

I'd also like to try either Chicken Lavish, and Fatties this trip. CL is in the West End and Fatties is off the main beach road.

Pretty much everyday we walk down seven mile beach and just explore. I typically will hit either Ossies, Best in the West, or Miss Sonia's for lunch... or we just wander around and stop at random spots for Red Stripes.

What works really well, especially if you have a group of 4-6 is to just ask at the lobby for a driver for the day. It's really affordable, and the driver normally takes great care of you. If you don't know where to go, just let him know what kinds of things you want to see and he will figure out the best place to take you. We've even done this just running errands (atm, GETTING HAIR CARE PRODUCTS FOR MY WIFE, etc....) and its an awesome time. Just keep in mind.. its pretty usual for the driver to take you to a relative or a close friend of his for your business. I'm all for this. You get great treatment at the store, jerk stand, restaurant, whatever because their relation brought you to them.

We've always had really good driver's when we did this. They'd look out for us and run interference at the Craft Markets, would give us great tips on where to do what.., and get out of the way when they needed too.

hey guys! My husband and I are booked from 11 -27 November. Cannot wait! It is all I can think about now... hope to see you all there!

Sounds like I am going to have to tag along with you! This is our 4th trip to CSA, and we have not really left the resort much. This time I plan on getting out a bit more.

IACouple.. Absolutely... tag along! Negril is an awesome place, especially if you have CSA to come back home to everyday.

Lizzi... I know what you mean!

Jeff & Marybeth, good to see both of you.
    I've added everybody on this thread that will be at CSA in December to the December 2010 list. When you get a chance, make sure I've got your data right.
    210 days and counting

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

Hi Mike & Monica... We'll have to align weeks in the future so we can catch up!

Everyone.. I just noticed that 3 Dives has their Jerk Festival and competition the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We're in! Anyone else want to tag along?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    Hi Mike & Monica... We'll have to align weeks in the future so we can catch up!

Everyone.. I just noticed that 3 Dives has their Jerk Festival and competition the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We're in! Anyone else want to tag along?
    That sounds fun! We are in.

Hi Jeff--We met a couple of years ago during a December trip. Lew from Houston had the meet up at the swim up bar.

We will be at CSA from Nov 26th thru December 3rd.

I would love to go to the Jerk Festival. I don't know if my wife will go. She tends to just sit in the sun. She is about 10 shades darker than I am!!!

Attachment 6892

I'll track you down or just look for the big WHITE guy!!

Scot

Scot,

I do remember you and your wife! Your welcome to come along! Maybe we should plan another meet up on Nov 27 at the swim up bar for "planning"? All would be welcome!!

Jeff (& MB)
    Last edited by Spiff542; May 20th, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Default Wow . ..

Quote Originally Posted by blueallah View Post
    Solrunner - were you there last year at the same time and ran the marathon? If so, I think we met on the ride to the resort. I was in awe that you were going to spend a week at CSA prior to running a marathon. Not sure you'd remember us as all we did was lay in the sun. We're Matt and Julia from Colorado.
    Yes, I certainly do remember sharing the ride with you guys on the way to the resort. Sorry it took so long for me to check back and see your response. We're planning on running the race again this year. Look forward to seeing you!

IACouple and Yazmon.. (and anyone else on this thread! )

Our group here in Va is also discussing a trip to the Pelican Bar, and we'll probably hit something else like Appleton Estate or one of the falls that day. I'm lobbying for Lover's Leap, but I hear that is quite a haul.. Nothing is set in stone yet. Let me know if your interested. And if you are interested let us know if have any place in particular in between Treasure Beach and Negril you would like to go.

The only limitation is the Black River. Apparently our wives have no interest whatsoever in seeing crocodiles.

Jeff, I've always wanted to go to the Pelican Bar. Our group that goes in March doesn't ever want to leave the beach. I vote for an Appleton's - Pelican Bar trip. I'm in for sure -- see the post above concerning my wife -- too much sand gravity for her. She might go, but don't count her in.

Great idea-- Pelican Bar-- 3 Dives-- it's all good!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast