Default resort diving course

Now that we've booked, I have a ton of questions. The first and foremost question is about the resort diving course. What exactly does this entail? Do they start you in the pool and then do they eventually take you out for a shallow dive? We are not sure if we would like scuba diving so this would be of interest to us before we spend the money to get certified. Has anyone taken this course and what info can you give us?

First you have to pass the swim test, then you watch a video. You do some training in the pool and at lunch time they take you out on the boat for a shallow dive. Sign up as soon as you get there. It's a great way to try diving for the first time.

I did the resort course at CN in September. Started out with basic safety and some terminology. Then went over the equipment and hand signals. We then got in the pool with the equipment and practiced several skills in the pool until everyone was comfortable. After this we had a short break and loaded up on the boat and went out for a dive. It's not hard, you just need to relax and have a good time. I'm doing my full certification next year when we go back. It was awesome.