Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Meeting Lee Issa

ok here is something you dont see on the message board everyday. . has anyone ever met Lee Issa? i think it would be the most awesome thing to meet him. i would like to shake the hand of the man who has such a vision as couples as we TRULY do not have anything close to couples in the US. oh sure we have upscale resorts that are so stuffy you cant breathe or upscale resorts that price themselves. . .well. . .ridiculous. so if i can throw a penny into the fountain and get a wish. . it would be to meet the man behind the magic. . .and i don't mean a fantasy kingdom. a real true true to life vision of how a business. . .ALL businesses should be run. so Mr.Issa i lift my glass high and salute you sir!!!

willyb

Except for anniversary parties your odds of meeting up with Lee Issa would be greater at CSA (his baby) than the other resorts. CSA was originally called just Swept Away in those days prior to coming part of the Couples family.

Yes we have met, and spent some quality time with Mr.Issa three different times. Once @ CSA he helped me personally when I had a problem, and @ CSS after he had met with some business people near where we were eating our lunch in the Pallazina. He is very approachable and interested in his patrons' opinions of his resorts. He obviously spends time @ each of the locations which I think is wonderful. A very hands-on approach. We also enjoy meeting Mr.Spath who is the head chef @ Couples. It is these moments that clearly put Couples in another realm of resort.

Sue and I have met Mr. Issa. you probably wouldn't know it if you saw him. he wears casual beach attire and he can be seen eating at one of the restaurants or just walking around the resort. meeting him is not uncommon at all.

Randy

Lee makes the rounds, at least to his Negril resorts, weekly. The guy has a private catamaran that he uses for transportation. Now that's living! We see him at SweptAway every time we visit there.

He's an unpretentious gentleman, and his wife, Jane, is a charming lady.

I remember the first time I ever saw Mr. Issa at SweptAway, back before he expanded his "empire" to include all of the the Couples properties. He was conducting employee reviews at the Sports Complex... very hands on.

Chances are, you've seen him around and just don't realize it.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes, we have meet him during two of our trips.
    Irie Mon

Lee and Jane Issa are very approachable, warm people. He's not The Wizard of Oz.... Lol

He was raised in the Hospitality business so running Couples seems to come naturally to him...he's always "hands on" when we see him- interacting with Staff and Guests, eats meals alongside the rest of us. When we are at CSA we see him almost every day. I was reading the paper next to him one day and we shared a laugh about a silly story in the news...

I hope you get a chance to say "hello" on your next trip.
    Last edited by WandA; March 14th, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

My wife and I met Lee last May at CTI. He is a very nice guy and very personable. He talked with him for a while when we met, and he was asking what we thought of Couples and CTI and really seemed to listen and care about our response. We saw him several times over a few day period and would say hi in passing. My wife also met 2 of his sisters and said they were nice as well.

It was definitely nice to meet the man behind the magic, even better that he was down to earth and easy to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    ok here is something you dont see on the message board everyday. . has anyone ever met Lee Issa? i think it would be the most awesome thing to meet him. i would like to shake the hand of the man who has such a vision as couples as we TRULY do not have anything close to couples in the US. oh sure we have upscale resorts that are so stuffy you cant breathe or upscale resorts that price themselves. . .well. . .ridiculous. so if i can throw a penny into the fountain and get a wish. . it would be to meet the man behind the magic. . .and i don't mean a fantasy kingdom. a real true true to life vision of how a business. . .ALL businesses should be run. so Mr.Issa i lift my glass high and salute you sir!!!
    I believe it was Mr. Lee Issa that was at CTI for the reopening last April. We were there shortly after, but were told by some other guests that he was the friendliest, most down-to-earth guy. In fact, he was even helping some of the workers lay the plugs of sod in between the bricks for the walkway by the new pool and swim-up bar.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

My wife and I have met Mr Issa..He is a very hands on owner.He is very down to earth and appears to be a very good man.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    My wife and I have met Mr Issa..He is a very hands on owner.He is very down to earth and appears to be a very good man.

Hugs
    tommywommy how would you rate his hugs ?

Actually my hubby got to shake Mr. Issa's hand and tell him how much we love CSA when we were there last month. He was there for a couple of days while we were there and we saw him walking the grounds one morning so my hubby approached him and congratulated him on how wonderful the resort and all of the staff are.

steverandlinda....Mr Issa is a great hugger.

Mr Issa and Tommywommy at CTI April 2009
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    steverandlinda....Mr Issa is a great hugger.

Mr Issa and Tommywommy at CTI April 2009
    presto !! nice pic

Wow this is awesome. Thanks Tommywommy, now I know who to look for on our next trip to CSA.

I met Mr Issa 9 years ago the first time we went to Couples Negril... he was standing in line in front of me at the buffet for lunch and he was with Gary VP of operations for couples resorts but back then Gary was GM of CN... Mr Issa thanked me personally for choosing couples over all the other adult all inclusives out there - he was friendly, interested and approachable. The experience left me "wowed" and although this will be the first opportunity to go back to a Couples resort it has not been for lack of wanting to. We have wanted to so much so for the past 8 years and being blesse now to be able to - we are going May 3rd (cant wait) and we have already booked for 2011 (wink!)... Go Couples! We know you will have only gotten better..

how often do you think he golfs with butch stewart?

He and his wife were ever present at CTI's grand opening week and both were extremely friendly and gracious.Very down to earth as everyone has stated and very hands on.They were in the throws of decorating, placing,and replacing furniture.It was quite a hectic time but they both were very interested in what their guests thought of all the improvements.You could feel their love for the resort and wanted their guests to love it too.Which isn't very hard to do!We will be returning in 25 days !!!!

We have seen mr. Issa every trip to CN. Just this last christmas Mr. Issa and Mrs Issa and there family stayed at CN. I have said hi in passing but never approach them. You would never know it was him he is very casual and laid back. pfrehner sorry you had such a bad stay I know the rooms could use a little update, by that I mean the tile floors. But I love our room at CN and I have never seen mold. Not saying you did'nt I don't want to start a war. I have also found management to be very helpful, you should have asked for Karen. She is a very hands on manager and I'm sure she would have taken care of you. Diane

As others have stated, Mr. Issa is very down-to-earth. We have had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, most recently a few weeks ago while we were at CSA. We were fortunate enough to spend some time chatting with him and even ran in to him in the lobby as we were getting ready to board the good-bye bus so got to thank him again for the wonderful stay and say goodbye. Mr. Issa's love of his country is very apparent. He is very interested in how guests feel about the resorts.

We have had the pleasure of meeting him several times.

What I found most impressive is that none of the staff act any different at all when he is around. No one panics, or puts on a show for "the big boss". Everything just keeps humming along like normal when he is around.

We met the whole gang with Mr. Issa on a chance encounter at the beach. We talked to all of them without knowing and then later one of the water sports guys went up to him and when he left he said thank you Mr. Issa. I was shocked! You would of never knew it was him except for the fact that he is the only one talking on his cell phone all week His friends and family and himself were SO nice. His one family member, Stan is the best! He is so friendly and all the staff love him. Stan was telling us that Mr. Issa stays at Swept Away (where we were) every 4 weeks for a week. Must be amazing staying at a resort every week

We too have met Lee Issa. Also his brother Paul, two sisters Jacki and Susan. They all are some of the most down to earth folks. They love talking with guests and they always had stories to tell.

Not only have we met him as well as Randy and Gary at CTI, we had Young Abe making and serving our drinks while he was interning behind the bar when we were there a couple of years ago.
    Vicky

Many times. Lee Issa is a good man & I'm proud to call him my friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast