Hybrid View

Default Activities and Clinics at CTI

I had a question about the skiing and snorkeling clinics at CTI, does anyone know how long they last. We are trying to plan a couple things, but are unsure of the length of times.

Snorkeling Clinic and Snorkeling (is it at the resort, how long do you get to snorkel)

Skiing Clinc and Skiing (is it at resort, how long do you get to ski)

Sailing Clinic and Sailing (is it at resort, how long do you get to sail)

Dunn's River Falls trip

Horseback Riding

Catamaran Cruise

Glass Bottom Boat

Also, how long does the orientation last? We are basically losing two days to do any of the activities because of our arrival and departure times We want to spend time on Tower Island too, but our plane does not get in until almost noon, so I have no idea what time we would get to the resort. I don't think we will have much relaxation time before the 5pm orientation so we will miss that "daytime" and when we leave, we have to be gone early in the a.m. to catch our flight. I wish the activities lasted a little later into the day or that the island didn't close so early. I'm sure we'll figure it out. I appreciate anyone's experiences and knowledge about the activies. I have a feeling we may not be able to fit all in. We plan to be busy, busy during day and have fun, relax and party at night. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by RoxySue; July 8th, 2009 at 11:25 PM.

WOW Roxy, you are going to be busy!!! The cat cruise lasts about 2 hours, the glass bottom boat is a little over an hour (more or less). The horseback riding (MUST DO ) last about 3 hours, as does DRF.

We've never done the orientation, we just figured it out on our own. Everything is centrally located at CTI, it is not a sprawling resort that you will get lost at.

We don't do the water sports, but I would figure a few hours for each.

CTI is the best. We LOVE it Hope you fall in love with it as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoxySue View Post
    I had a question about the skiing and snorkeling clinics at CTI, does anyone know how long they last. We are trying to plan a couple things, but are unsure of the length of times. One piece of advice. Don't plan! Have a general idea of what you might want to do, but don't set a schedule. Relax and just do what you want, when you feel like it.

Snorkeling Clinic and Snorkeling (is it at the resort, how long do you get to snorkel) The clinic is only about an hour. It's basically practicing with a snorkel and mask in the swimming pool. The trip is an hour and a half to 2 hours. And yes, it's all at the resort. Snorkeling is offered twice a day.

Skiing Clinc and Skiing (is it at resort, how long do you get to ski) Again, yes, it's at the resort. You only ski around the bay a few times. But this is offered anytime between 9am and 5pm (when watersports is open) as long as the water has good skiiing conditions. The clinic is the watersports guy showing you how to get up on your skis and he does this right before you ski.

Sailing Clinic and Sailing (is it at resort, how long do you get to sail) Same as skiing. You can take out a Hobie Cat anytime from 9am until 5pm. The clinic is nothing more than a watersports guy giving you a lesson on how to use the Cat.

Dunn's River Falls trip You leave at 9am and are back by noon. It's offered everyday but Friday.

Horseback Riding It's offered twice a day, everyday except Sunday. It lasts a couple of hours.

Catamaran Cruise You leave at 3:30pm and are back at sunset. It's about 3 hours. It's on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Glass Bottom Boat You leave in the morning and it's about an hour. It's the same boat they use for snorkeling and you go to the same reefs. You just don't get out of the boat. It's offered everyday.

Also, how long does the orientation last? It's offered twice a day at 10am and 5pm. It's a tour around the resort with one of the entertainment staff. It's about an hour and a half to 2 hours, but you can leave at anytime. I actually recommend it. It's a great way to get to know everything about the resort. We are basically losing two days to do any of the activities because of our arrival and departure times We want to spend time on Tower Island too, but our plane does not get in until almost noon, so I have no idea what time we would get to the resort. If your flight arrives at noon, you'll be to the Lounge by 1pm and then at the resort by 3pm.I don't think we will have much relaxation time before the 5pm orientation so we will miss that "daytime" and when we leave, we have to be gone early in the a.m. to catch our flight. I wish the activities lasted a little later into the day or that the island didn't close so early. I'm sure we'll figure it out. I appreciate anyone's experiences and knowledge about the activies. All of the watersports are offered all day long, everyday, so you won't have any problem doing all of those. And the other activities are offered if not everyday, several times during the week. No worries, mon!! You'll be able to do everything you want. And that everything might just be lounging on the Island all day. I have a feeling we may not be able to fit all in. We plan to be busy, busy during day and have fun, relax and party at night. Thanks!!!
    Hope this helps! We've been to CTI many times (are headed back again in April 2010!!) and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We just returned and the Cat Cruise is Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Horseback riding is 8 & 11:15(?) we did the 8 ride. We have been 3x and enjoyed the Plantation ride the most. The other ride took longer as far as getting there but the ride was shorter and didn't stop for photos or site seeing.
    Vicky