Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thoughts, Problems, Concerns about the new message board

Admins - I am starting this thread because I think we need a central location to list any problems, broken links, errors, glitches, anomalies, and unusual quirks we find, along with any thoughts or concerns about the OPERATION of the board.

I will start:

On our profile page, the backgroud image is partially blocked out because the lines for location or name (for instance) are not transparent. The word "I" blocks an entire line from left to right of our background photo (see my profile for an example)

In the PHOTO ALBUM in the profile section there should be the ability to rearrange photos.

Some programs allow the drag and drop feature to arrange pictures in a desired order and then save the rearrangement.

I would suggest deleting/inactivating the FRIENDS list from the profile section. This will only prove to be a cumbersome feature that serves no real purpose. We are after all FAMILY!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    I would suggest deleting/inactivating the FRIENDS list from the profile section. This will only prove to be a cumbersome feature that serves no real purpose. We are after all FAMILY!
    You're probably right. When the user base is in the tens of thousands, having a quick list of users to reference/dig out posts is nice, but being that there aren't PMs, it doesn't serve much purpose.

Jim - A GREAT feature of the Friends List is the ability to quickly pull up JUST their posts. There are times we don't WANT to read an entire board just to see what RDYJMJM or TOMMYWOMMY said in a specific thread that we can't remember.

I like the ability to shrink the intro board so we don't HAVE to see the Wedding or MEET UP sections.

Oops! I MAY have accidentally stepped on some toes (sorry). I just found the SANDBOX area.

Sandbox? Where's the sandbox? Papa ~ You playing in someone else's sandbox?

I'm having a hard time decifering between threads I have read and those I haven't. I know they change color, but the color is so slight and these eyes are getting old, that it is hard to tell the difference.

I'm getting confused about the different threads. I have questions about our personal photo albums - do we post those here? the sandbox? Maybe I just need to keep playing around.

I also agree about the friend thing - seems we'd end up all being friends with each other. And do only friends get to see certain things?

I love the picture idea though - so then if people have requests to see pics they can just click on our albums

Juli
    The new threads or updated post appear in BOLD print with a box and check mark in it. Once the thread is opened it goes away.

Greg
    Having a FAVORITES feature would accomplish the same wouldn't it? It would allow a certain post to be marked to be returned to at will. Listings of FRIENDS could easily occupy pages and pages of listings. We all know that we have MANY friends here on the MB and even groups. IMHO it is a feature that has little value. A Thread FAVORITE might have more use if such a feature is desired.

It's all part of being a MESSAGE BOARD JUNKIE!

KrisJamie
    There are a variety of programs that offer PM features that are FREE.
    AIM, Hotmail, Yahoo, PalTalk, YUKU.
    I can tell you from past experience that many of us currently use these programs to keep in contact with friends from around the world. We have used conference chat, video chat and private messaging.

FYI If you need to PM me I am RDYJMJM@YAHOO.COM. Just add RDYJMJM to your Yahoo buddy list called JAMAICA.

Juli

The sandbox is listed under HELP

Jim, you are correct. A favorite would work just as well. We DO have the ability to SUBSCRIBE to any thread we would like to follow so it might be a moot point.

Juli - YAY! Ya found the Sandbox!! (I did too....after I started THIS thread. That's why I was concerned I may have accidentally stepped on admin Jeff's toes)

KrisJamie
    There are a variety of programs that offer PM features that are FREE.
    AIM, Hotmail, Yahoo, PalTalk, YUKU.
    I can tell you from past experience that many of us currently use these programs to keep in contact with friends from around the world. We have used conference chat, video chat and private messaging.
    I'm not sure if this was meant to be tongue in cheek...

My post was directed at the usefulness of the "Friends" feature. I've figured out the basics of the Interwebz, even before my ventures into IT 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    I'm having a hard time decifering between threads I have read and those I haven't. I know they change color, but the color is so slight and these eyes are getting old, that it is hard to tell the difference.
    I agree, the colour difference is very slight. Will ask my husband to look at it - don't know if he will be able to tell the difference as he is colour blind. A more pronounced change of colour would be good.

Amen Juli, it is driving me crazy

I have to disagree. I think it's nice to have the option of having a private photo album that I can share with just the people I've met (face photos).

I believe that they are working on the "skins" for this new message board. Hopefully when they get it finished the colors would be more pronounced.

Default Site does remeber me and i need to log in all the time

Site does remeber me and i need to log in all the time

You may need to add it to trusted sites.

It will not "remeber" you if you have cookies disabled.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I think I've got it figured out

Not sure about the spell check portion of this program. I don't think you will find many that are willing to download new programs that willingly.

Default Allow Image BB Code

Could we enable the "Allow Image BB Code" feature in signatures to allow links to small images or our own smilies?

Thanks again,
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

Not sure about the spell check portion of this program. I don't think you will find many that are willing to download new programs that willingly.
    Firefox has spell check built in. Works on every website.fill in form etc. spellcheck as you type.

IE Spell plug-in for IE is small download and it works seamlessly with the tools menu or right click in any fill in area. A small download @ 2mb by today's standards, Spyware free, and it even has 3 dictionaries US, Canadian, & UK English. Although it does not spell check as you type as Firefox's built-in, it works for those who are committed to IE.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast