Default ? about spending $500 Resort Credit

Hello! First, thanks for all the great info! I've found answers to almost all of my questions browsing this board. Soo helpful, especially with choosing a room.

My question is regarding the $500 credit- I understand you can spend it on anything you can charge to your room, but what can you charge to your room? Spa appointments, off site excursions, gift shop purchases, wine to take back to the room? I've never stayed at an all-inclusive, so this is all new to me.

We're planning on CSA, if that makes any difference. Just waiting on my husband's leave to get approved (army) so we can make our reservations and have actual dates. We should be there late Jan/early Feb 2011, the perfect time to escape Alaska winters ) I'm so excited! After eight years of marriage and two kiddos, we're finally going on our "honeymoon."

Robin

To answer your question about the resort credits... everything on your list but the excursions, I suspect. I've not seen tour desk purchases addressed (although I may have missed it), but because you would be dealing with outside contractors, these purchases would not be from your resort.

Couples is now cashless, that is to say, all applicable charges outside of your all-inclusives, are charged to your room, to be settled on check out.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We've been to CN and CTI but I'm sure it's the same at CSA. You can charge the spa and gift shops. Not sure about trips off site.

Hi Robin ~ Yes to everything that you asked about paying with the credit. FYI ~ You can always take a free bottle of the house wine back to your room or you have the option of purchasing a special bottle of wine. We also like to get a bottle of champagne and take it back to our room in the evenings to drink while we get ready for dinner.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Spa, shop, private dinner etc. I don't think off site excursions can be include. although there is a desk at which you can book them I do not think it is run by Couples. You will have a great time.

Default credit

You pretty much answered your own question. Spa services do in fact get charged to your room. You can look at the spa services and the prices on here. Gift shop stuff also gets charged to your room. We never get wine at dinner but I do know that gets charged to your room as well. There is also usually a couple of nights that they have someone come to the resort that sells cigars and jewelry...that will also get charged to your room. Off site excursions are the only thing I'm not positive about. We've done a couple and they have always asked for a credit card.

Thanks! I did check out the spa brochure- I'm pretty sure I could spend the whole credit there! Thanks again for the all help. This board is a such a great feature of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by hillystyles View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question. Spa services do in fact get charged to your room. You can look at the spa services and the prices on here. Gift shop stuff also gets charged to your room. We never get wine at dinner but I do know that gets charged to your room as well. There is also usually a couple of nights that they have someone come to the resort that sells cigars and jewelry...that will also get charged to your room. Off site excursions are the only thing I'm not positive about. We've done a couple and they have always asked for a credit card.
    Wine doesn't get charged to your room unless you ask for something special. We had wine with several meals and if you drink the house wine, there is no additional charge. I think I have read on here that they do have a wine list with more options and those cost extra, but not all wine at dinner is charged to your room.