Thread: CTI questions

Default CTI questions

Do they have anything to float on when in the water,ocean and pool? Could you upgrade room when you get there? Is there any dress code? We will be there May 24-29 celerating our 30th annivesary and cannot wait!!!

They do supply floats for you can float around in the pools and ocean.

You can upgrade when you get to the resort, but you may want to try before you arrive.

Dress Code:

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    8 RIVERS - Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed

Enjoy
    Irie Mon

momjewel....Yes there are cushions you can float on. Yes if there are rooms available you can upgrade but usually at a cost. Dress code not really other men must have long pants and shoes (close toed) at the 8 Rivers restuarant.

Check out the MAY 2010 thread in "Couples Meet up" section . A good number of people will be there same time, doing the same.

Wife & I will be arriving on the 24th as well. See you there!!

Quote Originally Posted by momjewel View Post
    Do they have anything to float on when in the water,ocean and pool?
    Yes, the beach chair cushions do double-duty as "floaties".

Could you upgrade room when you get there?
    Possibly, if they aren't already booked up.

Is there any dress code?
    Just at the 8 Rivers restaurant (and technically on the "island", where the dress code is "no dress"! )

Yes, they have floats. Check out the beach pictures - in all of them you will see white lounge chair pads, these double as floats.

If there is availability for your stay, then yes, you can pay for an upgrade. A good rule of thumb is to book the room you will be happy with, so it's guaranteed. Anything else will be a bonus!

Yes, there is a dress code for specific restaurants. Here's the link:http://couples.com/11or/14diningOcho.htm

You'll LOVE CTI!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

They do have floats but sometimes the water is choppy...can use them though in the pool! Never hurts to ask for an upgrade, but really...how much do you plan on being in your room? Bring something to wear that is appropriate for 8 Rivers...the food and service is sooooo worth it! And they will turn you away if you have jeans and men with sandals. My husband wore slacks and a short sleeve button down shirt and was fine. Every place else is very relaxed.

I also have a question about CTI. I read somewhere on the message board that if you book a romantic dinner on the beach, you make arrangements with the photo shop to have a photographer come out and take pictures of you. With the no tipping policy, is there an extra charge for that? Or do you just pay the photographer that you make arrangements with?

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    I also have a question about CTI. I read somewhere on the message board that if you book a romantic dinner on the beach, you make arrangements with the photo shop to have a photographer come out and take pictures of you. With the no tipping policy, is there an extra charge for that? Or do you just pay the photographer that you make arrangements with?
    Yes, there is an extra charge, but only if you buy the pictures. Unless you want a specific amount of time with the photographer, then you'd pay for a session. When we did the private dinner, the resort photographer, who walks the resort in the evenings taking pictures, came to our table on the beach and spent about 20 minutes taking pics. We purchased them the next morning.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Amy,

Thank u so much for your answer. I am not at all surprised that u answered my question. You are so knowledgable about Couples. You should move there and get a job or be a spokesperson for them. I sent u a personal email about the stuff that you sent me. Thank u again for that. I can't wait! It's so hard to waiting until 09/2011 with reading this message board almost everyday.

You're welcome!! Remember, having any countdown, no matter how long, is better than no countdown at all

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    You should move there and get a job or be a spokesperson for them.
    Um, okay!! Where do I sign up?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!