Default 15th Annual Feburary CTI Staff Party-Another Great Time

For the past 15 years (last year doesn't count because CTI was still under renovation) the February Islanders Crew has sponsored a big "Thank You Party" for the whole CTI Staff. We hold it from 4:30-7pm to allow as many staff as possible to attend between shifts. We once again had somewhere around 150-170 attend. One of the truly fun things about the party is that it is not just front office staff. We get people from grounds, laundry, sanitation, kitchen, housekeeping, bar, restaurant, entertainment, beach, accounting as well as guest relations. The kitchen prepares simple finger food and drinks and we serve the staff for a change.

Feb.17 was a rainy day so instead of on the front lawn we had the party in the staff canteen above the kitchen. With the approximately 50 or so repeat guest Islander group we had about 200 people up there. Close quarters but everyone had fun.

This year because it was the first party after being closed for 13 months we decided to give Islander t-shirts to every staff member. We had 400 yellow shirts printed up with green insignia on the front and black letters on the back. The good old Jamaican Flag colors. The saying was "Something Good Has Happened. We Are Together Again". It is a take away from the Jamaican Hymn "Something Good Is Gonna Happen. We'll Be Together Again" After all the group had bought their shirts we had 340 for the staff. Much to our surprise they were all taken. Staff who attended got one for themselves and got ones for their team members who couldn't attend. I love teamwork!

After food and drinks and much mingling and personally thanking the staff members who came, we really started the party by singing the hymn. One of the many wonderful things about the Jamaican people is that they can all sing and dance. It was a great start.

We have been doing a raffle with gifts for the staff for as long as we can remember. Tickets are distributed to all department heads who then distribute to their staff. We bring as many gifts with us as luggage permits. Stuffed animals, toys, beauty items, hats, other t-shirts, small electronics, DVDs and a few bigger items like DVD players and a waterproof timex watch for the first beach guy with a winning ticket, are given out. Thanks to all the crew who brought presents. We probably gave out 150 prizes over the course of an hour and a half. That is correct, this raffle moves along quickly.

It is a small way for us to thank the wonderful staff at CTI who take great care of us. Thanks also go out to management for allowing us to sponsor this party. (and who also provide the food and drinks).

We believe the staff really appreciates and enjoys the get together. We do as well!!!! It is something the group looks foward to doing during our February trip home and it gives the ladies another excuse to go shopping.

Once you go you'll know.

One love,

Fred and Cynthia

PS I hope some of the group who took pics post them. I was too busy reading prize numbers to take any myself.

Holy moly, what a generous thing to do for the staff. My hat's off to the Frebruary Islanders.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Fred and Cynthia you are the best. Curtis and I wanted to be there so bad. We had to reschedule for August. I hope to be part of the Staff Party one year. You do a great job. Keep up the good work. Our hats are off to you.
    Until we meet again,
    Curtis and Donna Merriman
    (still working on becoming an Islander)

Default Staff Party

Here are some pictures from the Staff Party. Everyone had a great time. A huge thank you goes out to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default More pictures

More pictures from the Staff Party!!

Default One more picture...

One more picture from the Staff party..

Great Stuff!!! I know your "islander" group has taken some flack on here lately due to the scolding from randymon so hopefully everyone will take a look at this and see the GOOD that the "islanders" bring to CTI as well. What a great event...i'm sure the staff appreciates it more than you'll ever know!

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    Great Stuff!!! I know your "islander" group has taken some flack on here lately due to the scolding from randymon so hopefully everyone will take a look at this and see the GOOD that the "islanders" bring to CTI as well. What a great event...i'm sure the staff appreciates it more than you'll ever know!
    Oh, is this the group that was "slinging and flinging" the water balloons? Actually, I don't think Randy was scolding at all, he just had to put a stop to it. In fact, until someone got hurt, it was probably seen as all in good fun. True, it's undoubtedly a good thing to have stopped doing this, because if someone was to have received a more serious injury, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. But I'll wager not one person, Randy included, ever thought of it in any stronger terms than the good islander folks being a bit mischievous at most.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Fred, Cynthia & Islanders,
    What a great group of Couplers you are. CTI should be so happy to have you return year after year.....it was obvious the staff loves you and gives you all that "respect" that Jamaicans offer.
    Thanks for letting us in, we sure hope next year we can help out with this partay!!!
    one love,
    Barb & Mark

I truly love this type of WE THANK YOU for the staff at CTI.

Hugs from 10 0 C