Default first timer questions at Sans Souci

After staying at GLB for 6 years, (it just changed over to Breezes) we are looking forward to our Couples Sans Souci visit Feb 3-12, 2011! CSS came WELL recommended by past GLB guests. At Braco we could bring our own large plastic cups for Dirty Bananas. Is this allowed at CSS? Also, do both beach bars serve Jamaican patties?

They will not fill your personal mug.

The textile beach bar definitely serves meat patties and they were yummy. I can't speak for Sunset Beach.

Randymon discourages it.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

No large cup allowed. The SSB bar has patties during lunch.

Sunset Beach bar definitely has the Patties at lunch every day. I have been to CSS 4 times, and have never seen anyone carrying their own cup. The bartenders are so attentive, I never finished one drink without being offered another. And on Sunset Beach, Jeanell often brought us our favorite drink (while we were lounging) without even asking!

Cape Cod Sue -

We have been to GLB 4 times in the last 4 years, and always had a great time. We have many fond memories of the wonderful hours spent over by "Wayne's World" and the A/N pool and beach. With that being said, we decided to try something different this year, and booked 9 days at CSS. Yes, the A/N facilities are not as good as they are at GLB, but Sunset Beach is still a beautiful setting for an A/N holiday. HOWEVER, the grounds, the food, the service, and the staff are far better at CSS. This resort can be summed up in a couple of words, stunningly beautiful, and very romantic! We loved it so much that as soon as we got home, we talked about going back, and have now booked for another 9 days during the first week of April. Couples is a well run resort, with a superb staff, and I guarantee you that you will love it. If you have any questions you'd like to ask about the comparison of CSS to GLB, or anything else, feel free to e-mail us at pellis4@cogeco.ca

Paul and Karen

Default thank you all

Thanks everyone!

There is no more need for those cups!

Only a little over 10 months (arrgh) to go and I will be chillin' with my yummy pattie at my new home!

We carry a big sigg for ice water, but have never asked the bartenders to fill it up.

We've been to GLB 7x & are returning for our 5th Sans Souci visit next month.

We also have many, many fond memories of our times at GLB & the great people we have met there over the years. But, we personally think that EVERYTHING is better at CSS than at GLB, except for the size of the AN facilities (you can't beat that pool at GLB !!) (oh, and also the convenience of those walk-out AN rooms too).

In a way, we were actually glad about the rebranding of GLB, so now we won't have to talk ourselves into returning there anymore (we'd gotten tired of a lot of things there, but kept returning anyway). More trips to CSS now !!

We just love CSS & really can't wait for April 25th (even though we have another Caribbean trip to Anguilla in just 9 days !!). Couples does a much, much, much better job in managing their resorts (since they own them all) than SC. I'm sure you will notice the difference right away.

Anyway, enough about all that. Enjoy your trip to CSS & I hope you love it as much as we do !!

Jackie

CSS...Couples Sans Souci

Peggy and I truly love CSS and can not wait to return there next month.
    CSS's Gm Pierre Battalgia has put together a world class staff that loves to please and spoil you..Let them.

WE TRULY DO LOVE CSS...April 17-24,2010
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.