Default CN- Dinner- Typical "rush" times?

Quick question on dinner times- the FAQs don't give specific hours as to when they stop seating folks for dinner. My husband and I usually eat pretty late (9 or 9:30), and I wanted to see if that would be problematic, or if we'd be sitting in an empty restaurant??? This is our first trip to CN, so I thought I'd check... thanks!

Default dinner hours

they stop surving dinner at 9:30 every night

NOTE THIS INFO IS INCORRECT -see later post.
    see http://couples.com/13cn/34dining.htm for times.

Cassava Terrace Open 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Closed Thursdays
    Heliconia Open 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Closed Saturdays
    Lychee Open 6:00pm - 9:30pm. Closed Thursdays
    Otaheite Daily 6:15pm – 8:45pm. Closed Mondays

9:00 might be cutting it a bit close and 9:30 too late.
    Otaheite requires reservations and has set times with 8:00, I believe, being the latest for seating.

NOTE THIS INFO IS INCORRECT -see later post.
    Last edited by rudi; March 16th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Default Late dining...

We just got back from CN on March 7th. A few nights, we ate dinner around 9:00ish. There are still people dining at that hour but the crowd IS starting to thin out by then. It seems that at 9:00pm, the activity at both the Piano Bar and the Cassava Terrace gets underway so most people are finished dining by then. We did have dinner reservations one night at Otaheite for 9:15. I would say half the restaurant was full at that time.

The only time where you might want to go earlier is when you do the buffet. When we ate at Otaheite, the first reservation we could get was after 9 pm. The thing is that food is available just shy of 24 hours a day because the beach grill is open from just after breakfast, until just before dinner and then again like at 10 or 11 until 5 am. Some nights we liked to eat early...some nights late. Only if you eat right at 6 did there seem to be no one else there.

Hi Pghlwr1 !

You'll have no problem in finding a place to eat at that time.
    There's never a "rush" since all of the guests are following their own tempo while at CN :-)

We ate at some weird times, but food we got :-)

You may very well be sitting in an emptier restaurant.... the good news is you can get reservations same day, many times. I think the last seating is around 8 or 8:30 at the reservation spots, and the other restaurants, you want to get there no later than 9, since they'll start to break down after that. It's not problematic, but just know that most people want to eat at 7. (We dine late on vacation as well.)

Have a great trip!

Vee

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Cassava Terrace Open 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Closed Thursdays
    Heliconia Open 6:30pm – 9:30pm. Closed Saturdays
    Lychee Open 6:00pm - 9:30pm. Closed Thursdays
    Otaheite Daily 6:15pm – 8:45pm. Closed Mondays
    Interesting, I never really paid attention before to the hours of operation for the restaurants. But now having seen this, I gotta say those are somewhat restrictive timeframes, especially for the reservation-mandated Otaheite. I kinda see why people are all over the reservations as soon as they're able to make them. I'm sure we'll do likewise now, altho it may not be quite as bad for us, since we're more than happy to either book as early as possible or as late if need be.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

The times posted above are from a link on this website which is incorrect ( I had thought something was odd about the times). Also, I wasn't sure on Otaheite and as as others have noted, there are later seating times.

Here are the times from the brochure handed out upon arrival last fall which should be more accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the info, everyone! It looks like we will shoot for a slightly earlier eating time of 8'ish based on posts- that just means that we'll cut our cocktail hour(s) a little short, and add it on as "post-dinner" drinks instead! We're really looking forward to the trip- and the quick and helpful responses on this site just reinforce our anticipation that this will be a great trip!