Default one more thing... second-guessing myself... argh!!!

sooooo in my other post I was talking about making reservations at CN... but now I'm not so sure... I kinda want to change my reservations and go to CTI instead!!!! it looks beautiful, I really like the decor and the setting, although maybe I just haven't gotten as good of a look at pictures of CN???

I've heard the CN beach is bigger and longer, and I like the sound of that. I am what you would call a "beach person." However, I've also heard that CN is very much "focused" around the pool, with the resort layout centered around it. That turns me off- it sounds very "pool party-ish" and that is NOT something I'm interested in.

Another question I had was whether CN and CTI are on different sides of the island, or on the same side. I'm going to CSS soon (woot!) so next time around, I'd like to check out the other side. Are either (or both?) of these on the other side of the island???

Also, CTI is the one that offers horseback riding right?

And does anyone have a link to more extensive pictures of each resort than what's on the couples website?

Sorry for a million questions! Hard decisions, you know. =) Thanks a bunch for your help!!! My SO will pretty much go along with whatever, so it looks like I have a big decision (that I thought I'd already made!) soon before the special deal expires! yikes. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    I've also heard that CN is very much "focused" around the pool, with the resort layout centered around it. That turns me off- it sounds very "pool party-ish" and that is NOT something I'm interested in.
    Not true in our opinion. Some people prefer to congregate at the pool bar and socialize there most of the day. Personally we rarely go there and spend almost all time on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    Another question I had was whether CN and CTI are on different sides of the island, or on the same side. I'm going to CSS soon (woot!) so next time around, I'd like to check out the other side. Are either (or both?) of these on the other side of the island???
    CN and CTI are on completely different sides. a Google map or similar search for Negril (CN/CSA) vs Ocho Rios (CTI) should give you an idea.

Go to flikr.com and type in Couples Sans Souci or whatever resort you want to see pics of. There is a photo group on there and literally hundreds of pics of the resorts.

CTI and CSS are on the same side of the Island. CN and CSA are also near each other but on the other side. If you have a romance rewards number then you can do trading places to CTI while you are at CSS. I have been to all threee and my personal favorite is CTI.

I've yet to step foot on Jamaican soil, so you'll have to take my responses with a grain of salt (or a bunch of them around a glass, then pound a margarita ). However, we have booked both CTI and CN for our trip next month, so naturally your post caught my eye.

Something must have caught your eye to the point that you chose CN, so before considering a switch to another resort, try to remember what made CN special enough to make it your place of stay. But it's more common than you might imagine that some folks develop second thoughts on whether they selected the right resort after they continue to do more and more research.

To answer some of your questions, CN is in Negril, CTI is in Ocho Rios. You said you're a beach person, and while I'm not about to diminish the totally private beaches at CTI or CSS, they are not as big nor as long & uninterrupted as those found on the public-accessible beaches of CN and CSA, CN's sister resort in Negril. So if the beach sans the pool scene ranks as your highest priority, you may want to consider CSA.

You're right about the horseback riding at CTI, it's the only one of the four resorts to offer this at no charge. Not sure how high this ranks with you either, so again, just keep this in mind if it is indeed important.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

If you are a beach person you should go to CN or CSA. CSA does not revolve around the pool. It is more beach oriented. Good luck deciding. Oh, and CTI and CN are not in the same area. Different sides. CSA ROCKS!

CTI & CSS are on the same side of the island. CSA & CN are on the other side of the island. If you are a true beach person, then I suggest the Negril side. The beaches there can not be beat.

The reason CN is described as being centered around the pool is because of the way the buildings are. The pool is the main centerpiece to the building area. (If that makes since.) But I wouldn't say that it is a pool party scene. Plus if you are on the beach you can't even see the pool let alone hear anything that is going on.

If CN is tugging at your heart then go. We have been 3 times and love the place.

Be prepared for a small beach at CSS. There isn't any walking area to roam the beach like there is at CN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Ayslinn, You said you liked the long beach at CN. CTI and CSS have smaller beaches. CTI does include horsback riding, Catamaran Cruise, Dunns River Falls and I think Scuba diving. Not sure if CSS does as well. CN and CSA are on the other side of the island. If your number one priority is a long beach, CN or CSA might be a better choice. If not, why not split between CSS and CTI. They are only 5 minutes apart. You're going to CSS anyway right? Something made you choose it. Don't second guess yourself, go and have a great time. -Don

They are on different sides of the island both about 90 minutes from the airport in opposite directions.

Beach at CN is not only bigger and longer - it is spectacular! If you are a beach person, CTI cannot compare.

We were at CN last week and spent hours walking the beach and swimming in the calm, clear water. The resort is beautiful. The beach was very popular as was the pool but it is not a pool party resort in the sense of stupid cruise ship type games or goings on you will find at some other AIs.

You can go to tripadvisor and read the reviews on both (including mine from last week) and many have guest's photos attached.

CTI does offer horseback riding and also excursion to Dunns River Falls. Resort is more modern and South Beach in decor.

I suspect you will be delighted with either - have fun choosing!