Hybrid View

Default CSS - Long pants for men question

Hello! First let me state that I did 'Search' and read the Main Message Board as well as read the FAQs for Dress Codes on the CSS website, but I did not locate the information I am seeking. My SO would like to know if "convertible or zip-off" pants would be appropriate for dinner in Casanova and Palazzina. They are 'long' pants and not jeans; however I don't know if they would be "dressy" enough. I will apologize in advance for asking another question about what to wear. I appreciate your replies

Think "khakis".

" "convertible or zip-off" pants would be appropriate for dinner in Casanova and Palazzina. They are 'long' pants and not jeans; however I don't know if they would be "dressy" enough."

They're not "dressy" at all...most men dress up a bit more, for their wives/girlfriends, if not just to follow the rules...
    ..have him bring a nice pair of linen or khaki style slacks. Something he'd wear to a Summer Wedding

MissKimberly,

That's a good question! We've been there twice and I've always worn a pair of dress pants (golf pants) to Casanova and Palazzina. If the dress code says "long pants" then "convertible or zip-off" pants should be acceptable. I think they're just trying to ensure people don't dine there in shorts or jeans and t-shirts (relaxed) but a little more casual. Formal is not required - save dressy for the Starlight Gala if you'd like.

Enjoy your visit!!

Bart & Bug

Having been there and being familiar with the pants you're talking about, it would be my impression that they would not be appropriate for dinner at either restaurant.

While it may be appropriate, I would feel very under-dressed in pants like that. In fact, I think khakis are a bit too casual, especially when compared to how much Kelli dresses up.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

To me this is like asking if CROCS are also allowed as "closed toe shoes"!!!......I know another sore subject!!! Yes, they are closed toed and those type of pants are long pants, but no they are not appropriate for dinner at those fancier restaurants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mntruck View Post
    To me this is like asking if CROCS are also allowed as "closed toe shoes"!!!......I know another sore subject!!! Yes, they are closed toed and those type of pants are long pants, but no they are not appropriate for dinner at those fancier restaurants!!!
    If the OP wore the zip off pants with Crocs would the two "negatives" create a positive?

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    If the OP wore the zip off pants with Crocs would the two "negatives" create a positive?
    Not unless he said " Whooo Hooo " really loud

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    Not unless he said " Whooo Hooo " really loud
    LOL note to self

BruceandKelli,
    We are heading to CSA and need advice on fashion. Since Kelli dresses up, could you please advise us (better Kelli) for our upcoming trip to CSA?

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    BruceandKelli,
    We are heading to CSA and need advice on fashion. Since Kelli dresses up, could you please advise us (better Kelli) for our upcoming trip to CSA?
    Dress like you were going to a five-star restaurant here in the U.S. (Or whatever your home country is.) Kelli wears a nice summery-type cocktail dress. I usually wear dress slacks, dress shoes, and a button-down, collared shirt. I sometimes even take long-sleeves, just because I think it's dressier.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Well, you could always go this route. They're long pants.

http://www.loudmouthgolf.com/top.html

...but as they said in my Latin class, De gustibus non est disputandum.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question!! I appreciate your assistance in helping some Couples "newbies". We want to make the most of our vacation (first time in Jamaica for my SO) and therefore don't want to run the risk of not being able to dine in all the restaurants at CSS.
    Thanks again