Default Looking for someone to take extra ceremony pictures at CSA

We are getting married March 26 at 10:00 am, and need someone to take some extra pictures of our ceremony. It should be real simple, just follow the resort photographer and take "back-up" photos with a point-and-shoot digital camera.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Not trying to be rude but if you're expecting someone to walk around for at least an hour or two, (ceremony, cake, and after) and take pics of your wedding while they're on their vacation at 10 in the morning, I'd at least offer an incentive. By that I mean, find someone else getting married the week you are there and offer to do the same. There's no way I'd walk around all morning and spend my vacation time working for someone. Just saying it's not very practical to ask someone that. I've heard of people asking others to take a few single pics which I did for a wedding while I was there but not actually walk around with the resort photographer.

I don't know why you think you'd need "back up" photos ??
    The resort Photographer does a wonderful job - as that's his profession.

If what you mean is that you'd like some "candid" photos of your wedding, there are always people standing around watching the wedding from their balcony or along the beach path - so it would be easy enough to share your information with one of them who has a camera and I'm sure they'd mail them to you once they got home.

I was under the impression that the resort photographers were employees who were taught how to take photos rather than photographers who got a job with the resort. The one we talked to when we were there last time said he took whatever job was available and was taught how to use the camera after he got the job. Maybe that's not the case anymore, I don't know.

Ever notice that when people start their sentence with "not to sound rude" there is almost always rudeness that follows?

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    I was under the impression that the resort photographers were employees who were taught how to take photos rather than photographers who got a job with the resort. The one we talked to when we were there last time said he took whatever job was available and was taught how to use the camera after he got the job. Maybe that's not the case anymore, I don't know.
    Whether that's the case or not, I've seen the photos they've taken and they have been beautiful..
    I wouldn't worry rastabride

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    I was told that they are professional photographers and they work for a photography company that the resort subcontracts and this is why there is the $500 resort fee to bring an outside photographer onto the resort. Since the resort subcontracts, (hence contract), these photographers for convenience of the guests as well as the fact they are much cheaper than an outside photographer, they have to pay a fee to them everytime they allow a different photographer to come on which is where the $500resort fee comes in. Make sense? But I too think they do a great job and you'll love your photos!

Quote Originally Posted by rastabride View Post
    Ever notice that when people start their sentence with "not to sound rude" there is almost always rudeness that follows?
    I believe I said, "Not trying to be rude" so before you put something in quotes, you should check the quote. And I wasn't trying to be rude even though it may have came across that way in your opinion, I just felt like that was a bit ludicrous to ask someone who've never met who's on vacation to walk around and mirror your resort photographer, who I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a little bit offended if you had someone snapping the exact same photos he does.

Now asking a couple of people to snap some candid casual shots, like stated by another poster, here or there isn't a big deal. Like I said, I did that for a couple when I was down there laying on the beach and it took less than 5 minutes. And I was only trying to help by advising you to offer swapping with someone. People do it all the time on here and I'm sure you could find someone who will gladly take pics for you if you're willing to do the same for them but that's up to you I guess.