Default Wedding or Vow Renewal?

I apologize if this has been posted before - I tried a search and didn't have much luck.

My fiance and I are getting married at CN in November (can't wait!!). We plan on having a civil ceremony here before we leave, to avoid paperwork in Jamaica. However, our Jamaica wedding will be our "real" wedding in our eyes.

When reserving my wedding date, should I select vow renewal or wedding? We want to have a symbolic ceremony, and not have "vow renewal" language...

any ideas?

Thanks!!

I am pretty sure if you actually get married here in the United States, they wont perform and actual wedding in Jamaica. It would have to be a vow renewal! The paperwork is not much! You should just do it there and have a party when you get back!

Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    I am pretty sure if you actually get married here in the United States, they wont perform and actual wedding in Jamaica. It would have to be a vow renewal! The paperwork is not much! You should just do it there and have a party when you get back!
    You are absolutely correct b/c me and my hubby looked into this. I wanted the same anniversary date as my parents, which is in the summer, but we could only go to Jamaica in the winter. But when I looked in to it they told me that they would not marry us if we were already married, which I was told is more of the minister's choice then the resort's, and we would have to do the vow renewal ceremony which is basically the same but just a few wording differences and you miss out on a couple of the wedding perks.

If it's paper work you're trying to avoid, it's the same paperwork you'd have to do in the states. I made photo copies of our birth certificates and licenses, faxed them, and got a confirmation a few days later. All done, ready to wed

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    . . . . I was told is more of the minister's choice then the resort's . . . .
    It's not a matter of choice; it's the law. A marriage license can only be issued to unmarried people who meet certain eligibility requirements. If you are already married, you are ineligible to obtain a marriage license. Neither Couples nor any cleric has any say or choice in the matter.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    . . . . I was told is more of the minister's choice then the resort's . . . .
    It's not a matter of choice; it's the law. A marriage license can only be issued to unmarried people who meet certain eligibility requirements. If you are already married, you are ineligible to obtain a marriage license. Neither Couples nor any cleric has any say or choice in the matter.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).