Thread: CTI condition?

Default CTI condition?

My husband and I leave for CTI in 1 week, and I'm wondering how the beach is now? I read last week that the condition of the beach was not so great last week. I am terrified of having our vacation ruined.

Has anyone come back from CTI in the last week?

Please don't let 10ft of sand ruin your vacation. We were there in 05 when something similar happened...it was not the end of the world. Not even close. The atmosphere is the same regardless of the depth of the beach.

What's wrong with the beach?

We got back just over a week ago and to be honest the beach was quite a mess near the sports centre. The other end of the beach is ok, but obviously there is not as much room now as before. However i would be very surprised if this ruined your vacation. We had a great time, how can you not with such great staff who look after you so well, also you are in Jamaica what more could you want??

We just got back from CTI yesterday. We had been to CSA and CN and knew the beach was going to be nothing like those two.

I don't know what CTI's beach looked like before the erosion, but there is still plenty of room to sunbathe! We never had any problem finding loungers in the sun or shade. I could tell that it had probably eroded because some of the trees' roots were showing, and there were workers shoveling sand over the roots to try to save them!

I don't get all the worry. The end of the beach near the watersports is never used to sit/ lie on. It's where the vollyball is and where they keep the boats. How much beach do you guys need to sit on? Me I just need a big enough patch for my lounger. Please go, relax and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I don't get all the worry. The end of the beach near the watersports is never used to sit/ lie on. It's where the vollyball is and where they keep the boats. How much beach do you guys need to sit on? Me I just need a big enough patch for my lounger. Please go, relax and enjoy.
    Well said. No Worries.

Still plenty of beach, plenty of pools, plenty of rum and most importantly, plenty of what makes CTI so great, the outstanding staff and atmosphere.
    E. Lee Cunningham
    Social Technologist, GE
    Atlanta, GA

We just returned from CTI 2 days ago. The beach wasn't huge, but, there was plenty of room to catch some great rays and enjoy a cold drink! We weren't bothered by beach conditions. As a matter of fact the resort hosted a "Beach Party" w/ stage, round tables and chairs and full buffet on the beach. I would guess there was 150 people there at one time. I thought there was plenty of room. I just didn't find it as comfortable eating from a chair that sank in the sand. Good time though!!!

Default March picof CTI beach from Photo contest post

I found this Pic on the Photo contest board. The couple that posted the pic said it was from March. It shows the beach coming back really great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No worries. As we all know, CTI's beach is a private beach so you have the whole beach for lounging without our being in the walkway of the general public and guests from other resorts.
    Vicky