Thread: Tables on beach

Default Tables on beach

One suggestion I have for both CSS & CTI are that they get more tables for the lounge chairs. It may seem like a small thing but I think I counted 12 small tables (total) at the beach and pool at CSS. When on the beach it is really nice to have something put your drinks (and other stuff) on. It is such an easy fix that I can't figure out why there is not 1 table for every 2 lounges. If anyone else feels the same, maybe if enough people put in a request they will do something.

Quote Originally Posted by SunLuvr View Post
    One suggestion I have for both CSS & CTI are that they get more tables for the lounge chairs. It may seem like a small thing but I think I counted 12 small tables (total) at the beach and pool at CSS. When on the beach it is really nice to have something put your drinks (and other stuff) on. It is such an easy fix that I can't figure out why there is not 1 table for every 2 lounges. If anyone else feels the same, maybe if enough people put in a request they will do something.
    That's a really good suggestion! There's nothing worse than having to set your sweaty cup down in the sand...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

I have to agree 100% with this request. We have been to all 4 resorts, and if memory serves me correctly CSS and CTI are a little light on the table supply. These are essential to enjoy the beach experience for drinks, books, sunscreen, etc. I am certain a few more tables at all the resorts would make a lot of guests quite happy.

I agree, tables are handy for putting your drinks on.

I would second that! Always nice to have somewhere to put your drink & anything else that needs to be kept out of the way.

Those beaches are kind of small, it seems like it would be very cluttered with that many extra tables...Also, people will move the lounge chairs around and might not want a table so the tables are just left sitting around. Even at CSA which is a much larger beach- looks messy.

I second that request. I think all the resorts could use a few more tables. And at all of the beaches (AN & textile).
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Totally agree here!

I agree. when your around the pool its not a big deal but when your in the sand and the glass is covered in sand - a bit of a pain.

I have never been to CSS but that is definitely one of the things I really like about CN - we can always find a table AND chairs.

Definitely have my vote on this. CSA in 11!!!!!!

We agree, more tables at CSS would be nice!
    (Karen&Paul)

SunLuvr ..You did well in posting this.

I have to agree with this one..More tables would be wonderful.

Hugs from 10 0 C

I dunno. As far as crowding the beach with tables, the tables I remember were very small and fit nicely between two lounge chairs, just big enough for a couple of drinks and an iPod or something. Not enough? We always managed to find one if we looked around a bit. Didn't miss it too much if we did not find one. We manage OK without.

It's a take it or leave it for us. Nice to have if you find one, not really necessary though.

On a side note here. One of the things that drives us crazy is people using the beach as an ash tray. I can't tell you how many times we would find a mess of cigarette butts stuck in the sand from a chain smoker that left them behind, or find them under foot while walking in the sand. I have no problem with folks smoking, but I wish they would have the common sense and decency to use an ash tray for their butts and not just stub them out in the sand next to their chair or toss them into the surf as they walk the beach. And not just cigarettes, I found plenty of big fat cigar butts in the sand as well.
    When we were last at CSA there were ash trays available all over the beach. Made of concrete, large and heavy enough to stay upright in the sand, or on a table. The beach crew will empty them regularly and they really help to keep the beach beautiful. Smokers take note, please.

Wow. A suggestion that receives practically unanimous support! Good job, Sun_Luvr!!!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

I totally agree with dirtleg on the cigarette butt thing. I used to smoke (quit last October) but I always made sure to pack out the butts and toss them in a garbage can when we got up to leave if we were unable to find an ashtray. There's no excuse for that. It's as bad as people leaving their drink cups all over the place too. How much effort is it to return the cup to the bar?

So that this doesn't completely morph into a butts-on-the-beach thread, we too are in support of those little tablettes to place betwixt the beach chairs. Like dirtleg, this is hardly a show stopper for me as requests go, but if they're not too difficult or expensive for management to obtain, sure, why not?

Of course we're also for spreading the word to smokers, and this includes cigar smokers, to not use the beach as an ashtray. And since this was brought up as well, we should respect the property everywhere by not leaving drinks all over the place. How difficult can it be to toss them in the nearest receptacle or return them to the closest bar?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I agree! But we're making these to bring on our April trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Not to offend any one but the tables are not an issue to me, I can take them or leave them.
    As far as the butts just put them in the trash!!! PLEASE!!!!! Is it reaally that hard. Maybe they leave them on the kitchen floor at home also.
    This is coming from an ex-smoker btw.

Thanks to everyone for the support of more "small" tables for between chairs. Also not a deal breaker for us, but such an easy/inexpensive fix. I really don't like having to set drinks, ipod etc. in the sand. But that won't stop us from going back. As for smokers, just be courteous of us non smokers and pick up your "butts" and we appreciate it. In return we will pick up or glasses and everyone is in a happy place.
    See you all Feb of '11.
    Thanks