Default Questions about wedding in CTI !!!! Help

Hi,
    We are a young couple (23 and 28) looking out to get married in Jamaica, only the 2 of us. I started to look in the couples resorts and fell in love.
    My only worry is ... we want a very cosy place but we lovvee to dance. We were looking at CTI which looks like the most interesting to us. Will we be able to dance at night? nothing crazy but just having fun ? How is the evening entertainment?

Also, Anyone had the steel drums band at their vows ceremony? I would love to have them play while I'm walking down the aile, is it something possible?

What type of locations are available ? beach or gazebo I guess? any other?
    We are also planning of having a private dinner, any suggestion for location??

If you have any advice or suggestions, we are very open minded so be our guest!

Thanx!!!!

Gen

Quote Originally Posted by gen1w View Post
    Hi,
    We are a young couple (23 and 28) looking out to get married in Jamaica, only the 2 of us. I started to look in the couples resorts and fell in love.
    My only worry is ... we want a very cosy place but we lovvee to dance. We were looking at CTI which looks like the most interesting to us. Will we be able to dance at night? Absolutely!!!!!nothing crazy but just having fun ? There is always fun to be had at CTI!How is the evening entertainment? It's great! They have something scheduled each night, form after dinner until late into the night. And if that's not enough, the piano bar doesn't close until the last person leaves. We've been known to shut it down at 4am!

Also, Anyone had the steel drums band at their vows ceremony? I would love to have them play while I'm walking down the aile, is it something possible? I've never seen this done, but I'm sure if you can pay for it, they can arrange it. It might be easier to do though if you are having an evening wedding.

What type of locations are available ? beach or gazebo I guess? any other? You can get married on the beach, in the gazebo or in the gardens.
    We are also planning of having a private dinner, any suggestion for location?? I surprised hubby with a private dinner at CTI a few trips back and had originally planned to have it on the end of the pier. But when they went to set it up, it was too windy so we moved it to the beach. The other option is to have it in the gardens or gazebo. I'll be happy to share our pics (amy.welch@Hotmail.com)

If you have any advice or suggestions, we are very open minded so be our guest! We honeymooned at CTI in 2002, got hooked on Couples, have returned every year since and been to them all. We are headed back to CTI this April and have already booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011. I'll be happy to share any of our pics, packing list, etc. I'm happy to help!

Thanx!!!!

Gen
    Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

This is helping amy. I will email you if i have further questions!
    Thanx alot!!!

Hi There,

Just a wee update to al lthe wonderful advice there from Amy,

When CTI was refurbished and re-opened in 2009, they removed the wedding gazebo and didnt replace it!

We got married in June 2009, and were originally booked for the Gazebo, but didnt find out until a few weeks before that is was no longer there!

You can have your wedding anywhere on the hotels grounds, so you can wait until you get there to have a proper look around - we chose Bayside, and it was excellent, heres a link to our pictures - our photographer was Nicholas and he was amazing! Hope this helps!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...2&id=685838783

Best regards,

Carolynn x

Gen,

My husband and i just celebrated our 25th anniversary at CTI. We never had any kind of wedding so we decided that we were going to do a wedding this time. We had the mento band playing as i walked down and during the reception. Before we arrived at CTI i was convinced i wanted a beach wedding but when i got there and saw the lawn with the sea wall, i could not imagine doing it anywhere else. The band was amazing, i am sure the steel drums would be incredible too. Enjoy and you can make so many decisions once you arrive. Check out all your options.