Default Rick's cafe from CSA

Looking for a safe route to Rick's cafe from CSA. Walking? Is it far?

Too far to walk. Just ask for a cab at the front desk. No worries.

Too far to walk. Can take a taxi for around $10 each way.
    CSA is on the beach shores of Negril, Ricks is on the cliffs edge.
    Well worth seeing at least once.
    Enjoy.

I could be wrong, but I think the catamaran cruise takes you to Rick's?

Too far to walk, but you can get a cab for about $15. It's about ten minutes away. There will be a lot of people going so no worries about having the concierge get you a cab.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

There is no way to walk that - because of the distance and terrain

Take a Taxi for a few $$

Take a taxi. Too far to walk.

Rick's Cafe is on the West end of Negril known as the Cliffs. You can not walk from there, but you can take a taxi and the hotel will be happy to arrange it for you.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Can't walk

Its too far to walk. Suggest a taxi....won't cost much and there are plenty at Ricks to bring you back when you are done.

You'll want to take a cab to Rick's.
    nobody's favorite poster

No... there is no safe way to walk to Rick's from SweptAway, or from anywhere along the Beach Road (Norman Manley Boulevard). There are no sidewalks to speak of along this road, nor are there any along the Cliffs road (West End Road, also known as One Love Drive). The traffic along these roads (especially along Norman Manley) is very busy, and anyone who thinks they can swerve to the outside of traffic to get around it will be putting pedestrians in danger... as happens quite often.

Walking the beach all the way to the center of Negril (the roundabout area) basically gets you halfway to Rick's. After that, the landscape changes drastically, until the cliffs rise sharply out of the water, which is generally about 25 to 30 feet deep (no beach); this is what Rick's is famous for... a jumping point for more adventurous (or inebriated) tourists.

To get a good feel for the relative positions of all the resorts, bars, restaurants and businesses along Norman Manley and West End, go to Trip Advisor, Negril.com or talkofthetownnegril.com to download their outstanding maps. The maps aren't scaled very well, which is fine... this allows them to list all of the businesses; they do, however, have km markers so you can get a feel for the distances involved.

The safest way to get to Rick's, by the way, is by cab. The concierge can set you up; or you can use the route taxi system (red tags) that will get you from SweptAway to the roundabout (one cab) and from the roundabout to Rick's (a second cab). I've heard and read that you can talk some of the drivers into a non-stop, but they do generally respect their cohort's routes, and so should you.

I hope that helps...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Way to far to walk. CSA offers a free ride on one night and they'l set up a ride at other times for you. We went one night with 3 other couples and it was fun, the bus left the resort around 5pm and we stayed at Rick's until about 10pm and it cost like 15$ per person.

It is about 10 min cab ride to Rick's from CSA.

Yes, it would be too far to walk. You can grab a taxi or I believe the resort offers regular trips up there as well.

you'll be walking for a long time -- the CSA is on the beach portion of negril and ricks is on the west end of the island -- at least (if I had to guess) 10 miles away -- we have never walked FROM the beach up to the westend only walked beach area OR westend area... to get inbetween the 2 you willneed a 6-7 dollar cab fare ride...just walk outsideof CSA towards town and you will be able to get a route taxi. they will beep at you negotiate before getting in.

It would be a safe but, but it is much to far. By taxi or van it is about a 15 minute ride

If you want to walk somewhere from CSA, walk to Jimmy Buffet's Margarittaville. Facing the ocean, it's about a 10 minute walk to the left. Very interesting passing all the little resorts along the way. Enjoyed a couple drinks, a beautiful sunset and a leisurely walk back to CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
    Looking for a safe route to Rick's cafe from CSA. Walking? Is it far?
    Hey there...when are you going to be there? My husband and I have spoke to a few people about going on the 15th and maybe taking a cab to allow us to stay later then the shuttle. Just by chance that you are there during this time thought I'd mention it should you want to join us!

Cheers,
    Kris

leliz -

Just to clarify... the Catamaran Cruise takes you along the Negril area coastline as far as the Negril Point Lighthouse at West End, which is just south of Rick's. But they do NOT stop there. The cat bears around at that point and heads back past Rick's to Push Cart, where you can do a bit of swimming, splashing, and cave exploring.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hey there...when are you going to be there? My husband and I have spoke to a few people about going on the 15th and maybe taking a cab to allow us to stay later then the shuttle. Just by chance that you are there during this time thought I'd mention it should you want to join us!

Cheers,
    We'll be there on April 24th for one week. Guess we'll miss you, thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the help. We have heard so much about Rick's that the six of us just wanted to check it out. Our first visit to CSA and from everything I am reading here it won't be our last!