Thread: beach towels

Default beach towels

hi guys can anyone tell me if couples supply beach towels?? need to know so i can plan the amount of shoes i can take...lol

assuming that couples provide towels how many shoes do you need ?

Couples gives you beach towels in your room. Each day you can exchange them for fresh ones. Don't waste the space in you suitaces with towels.

They sure do. Just turn them in @ watersports for new ones.

You need not worry about towels, you'll be provided with all you need. The first ones will be in your room and you can get clean dry replacements at the water sports shack. Your room towels will be changed each day.

Couples supplies you with beach towels in your room. You can exchange them at the watersports hut for fresh ones, or the maid can replace them when she comes to clean your room. So you don't need to pack any towels, unless you want to bring them to an off-resort excursion, like the falls. Have a great time. We will be at CN in August!

Someone once posted that the beach towles were on their bed in the form of towel art when they arrived. They didn't initially realize that they were the beach towels. They walked down to the water sports hut and were told where to look when they got back to their room. Just stating this to help people avoid any confusion and waste precious beach time hunting for towels that are right in front of you.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by marcandkatyfoleyuk View Post
    hi guys can anyone tell me if couples supply beach towels?? need to know so i can plan the amount of shoes i can take...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_kadoodle View Post
    assuming that couples provide towels how many shoes do you need ?
    I gotta admit, that one had me scratching my head as well. I'm trying to find the correlation here.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default Beach Towels

Just remember, on your last day, you need to turn in your beach towels at the Watersports building and get a receipt or they will charge you $15 each for the towels, because they assume you will have put them in the spot you left from not taking as many shoes as you wanted!!

Do i take my towel to the beach everytime i go to the beach, or do i leave my towels in the room and pick up towels at the beach .

Quote Originally Posted by love couples View Post
    Do i take my towel to the beach everytime i go to the beach, or do i leave my towels in the room and pick up towels at the beach .
    Take your beach towels with you. If you want to exchange them for clean ones, you do this at the Watersports hut.

As for not taking beach towels to make more room for shoes, I know personally I could get about 4 additional pairs of shoes in the space that the towels would take up. And sometimes you j ust need a new pair for each outfit Though over the years I have learned to narrow down my shoes to only three when packing for Couples.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

the correlation is very simple the op asked if she has to take towels. If she did it would impact the number of shoes op was planning on taking - Question was if she doesn't have to bring towels what is the total number of shoes that op will bring. What is the optimal number of shoes needed for negril? hope that clears up your confusion

Clears up all my confusion, thank you kid_kadoodle.

thanks for the replies but i have ohhhh sooo many shoes to choose from, will try my best to limit them tho!! 7 weeks to go!!

As long as you don't forget your crocs, you'll be good!!!! LOL
    Kristen

hi - i see you've got your towel question answered. i can assure you that each trip, although i pack lighter and lighter each trip, i still have way too much. shoes included. next time, i'm trying a neutral pair of dress shoes ... sneakers and flops. maybe skip the sneakers. LOL
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

If it helps or for what it is worth - when we first went to CN I packed all kinds of shoes. Shoes for walking, shoes for dinner, shoes that matched my bathing suit coverup, shoes for the ride home, shoes for just about everything you could think. Yes I have an issue with shoes. But as the years have rolled by, each time we go to CN I find that I don't need nearly as many shoes as I thought.

Now I travel with three pairs of shoes. I have a pair of flip-flops for the beach, actually these are leather shoes on bought on the beach our first year from a local vendor. A pair of dresser type of sandals that I can wear each night and a pair of regular sandals for travel and to fill in where the dressy sandals might not work.

Quote Originally Posted by WandaLaw View Post
    Just remember, on your last day, you need to turn in your beach towels at the Watersports building and get a receipt or they will charge you $15 each for the towels
    What Couples Resort does this? The "S" place does and I think "SC" does it today. CTI, CSS and have been told that CN does not. Is it CSA?
    Irie Mon

I didn't use any beach towel for a week. I just air dried. Everyone else in our group kept exchanging their towels. They laughed at me for just air drying. I was being "green" that week.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    What Couples Resort does this? The "S" place does and I think "SC" does it today. CTI, CSS and have been told that CN does not. Is it CSA?
    It is the policy, though I'm not sure how tightly it is enforced. We always turn them in as directed and get the little slip of sadness before the bus ride.

I don't know about the charges, but for one thing, I can't imagine that anybody who spends the money to go to Couples would really feel the need to pilfer what are essentially plain white towels.

I imagine the policy of turning one in to get another is intended so that there aren't towels lying about everywhere (as you see at some other resorts), necessitating the employees to collect them every night (or guess which ones are being used and which have been "abandoned"). They can also get them laundered more quickly so as to be available when needed.

Having said that, while I always try to keep track of my towels, it proved a near impossible task when our family was there for our wedding. I would walk sheepishly and empty-handed to the towel guys, and they would laugh and chastise me teasingly, but it was never a real issue.

I guess what I'd say is be considerate and try to keep track of your towels and turn them in, but I really don't think it's worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    I gotta admit, that one had me scratching my head as well. I'm trying to find the correlation here.
    Because anything that is not shoes, is taking up space. lol At least I believe that is what the poster is saying.