Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Default CSA-What do you do when it rains? :(

    I just looked up the weather, and for most of the time that we will be there, the weather is not looking good. Cloudy and 30/40% scattered thynderstorms. What have past visitors done during the day to keep busy when you cant go to the beach/water sports?

    Thanks! Michelle

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Honestly, that's a typical weather forecase. Remember, that means 60-70% no thunderstorms, and it's "scattered." It usually does rain once a day. All the rain is what keeps tropical islands lush.

    However, when it rains, you can wait at a bar for it to pass. Hang out in your room til it passes. Hang out in the rain, as it's usually a warm rain. Go to the fitness center, play ping pong, play a board game. For me, just sitting there thinking about how I'm not at work is enough to get me through it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Time for the meteorology/statistics lesson:

    A 30%/40% chance of rain means that there is that chance that it will rain at any point during the day. I does not mean it will rain for 30%/40% of the day, nor does it mean it will rain all day if it does rain.

    It's the tropics. It's likely to rain at some point during the day, usually in the afternoons, and usually for an hour or so, then stop.

    And to answer your basic question, there is plenty to do when it rains, IMO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    772

    Default

    If you're at CSA odd are you'll have a spectacular balcony. Enjoy your balcony and watch the show. If there's thunder and lightning, you have to get out of the water, otherwise, you can stay at the swimup bar or hover under a palapa.

    And then, there's always the infamous "nap". Don't forget to hang the "Do not disturb" sign.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Hmmm, let me see.

    Romantic resort, beautiful tropical environment, no kids and some alone time with the person I love most in the world.

    What to do, what to do???

    Your kidding, right?

  6. #6

    Default

    When it rains, there is plenty to do. Head back to your room We like to belly up to the pool bar for shots in the rain!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    308

    Default

    We wait 20 minutes for it to stop while laying in a hammock with a drink. Really, when it rains, it only rains for a little bit, it's light rain, and you can usually still see the sun.

  8. #8

    Default

    sex

  9. #9

    Default

    Michelle, Have sex!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHammon View Post
    Michelle, Have sex!!
    WOW, straight to the point..

    As far as meteorologist go there are some myths reguarding % so let me get you guys in the know. If it says that there is say a 50% chance it means 50% of the time in conditions similar to the ones they are expecting it rains or whatever they are predicting. It does not mean 50% of the area will get rain, or it will rain for 50% of the day. Keep your head up apparently you can go to your room for the above mentioned which is good because rain does not last long and well....... Ok wont go there typically when we go it is an afternoon shower we are normally hungry at that point so we go eat. No Worries if it rains it rains it is a hell of a lot better place to be than ____!! you fill in the blank
    Last edited by sndtrevino; March 22nd, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    652

    Default

    We just pack up & leave and head back home to cold, crappy Chicago.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Some of my best memories of CSA are of the good times I had sitting at the Sunset Bar on the beach trying different cocktails with a bunch of new friends while the rain came down all around us. Heaven.

  13. #13

    Default

    Haha, thanks everyone. I guess I was worried that it would be storming the whole time, and since we are outdoors people, I didnt want to miss out on the boating, sports, etc. Thanks for all your input Can't wait to be there at the end of this week!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    if you have a papala you can sit under that and watch it rain, sit out on your balcony, take a nap, go grab lunch/snack, I have seen people just stay out in the water, the obvious that has already been mentioned go to the sports bar and have a drink, see if spa has any openings at that time and get a massage, oh and don't forget the casino.
    What we have done when it rains is go up to the beach bars and sit and have drinks. Usually the rain passes pretty quickly and you can return to the beach. But get to know your bartenders at that time and the other CSA guests as well. You know they will make it a fun time.
    The other thing we have done is gone to the hot tub...especially the one in the garden area. Just pull the umbrella up close to the edge so the rain doesn't run down your face.
    Sharon
    CSA
    Oct 2005, Dec 2006/Jan 2007, March 2008, Dec 2009/Jan 2010, June 2010, June 2011, June 2012, July 2014

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Frankly, I wouldn't know... we've never really been rained out (not a single day!) in seven previous visits to SweptAway. Go figure. We've been lucky in going through significant rainstorms during our transfers... but that's it.

    During the spotty showers we have had, a quick dunk under the thatch of a beach bar always works for us.
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  16. #16

    Default

    all of the suggestions sound great....watching the storm from the great beachfornt suite balcony and spending romantic time with the person I love most in the world are my favorite 2....ohhh boy 42 sleeps and a wakeup.... mercy please

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mina1 View Post
    I just looked up the weather, and for most of the time that we will be there, the weather is not looking good. Cloudy and 30/40% scattered thunderstorms. What have past visitors done during the day to keep busy when you cant go to the beach/water sports?

    Thanks! Michelle
    ....That is a typical weather forecast. 2, 4, 6, 8 months from now you will still see that same forecast (must be easy being a weatherman there!), so don't worry on it. When it does rain, it's only for a few hours at most. As for what to do when it's raining, this IS a romantic get away......

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    322

    Default

    One evening we got caught in a sudden down pour on the way back to our room, so we just danced in the warm tropical rain to the sound of the house band playing in the distance.
    nobody's favorite poster

  19. #19

    Default

    That is so funny because we arrive Sunday the 28th to CSA and before I logged on the board I checked the 10 day forecast and saw the same thing! But like the others said, Negril usually has an afternoon shower but doesn't last long.

    Last time that happened we just sat at the swim up bar until it let up, that was about 2 hours later so needless to say we had had WAY too many drinks! But it was all good...to the room to nap it off, wakeup, shower, and your ready for the rest of the night!

    Can't wait to get there! I can no longer focus on anything not trip related!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    You could always "walk hand in hand with the one I love" and hear "laughter in the rain" as the old song goes . . .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •