Default Girly Clothes Kinda Question

I have a question for the Couples ladies. A few months before we leave on our Jamaican vacation every year, I like to internet window shop for new resort clothes to wear...Especially dress sandals, earrings, easy to fit into things ...it gets me into the vacation mood. We are going to CTI in a month and I was wondering if anybody else did the same and whether anybody had any cool ideas for resort clothes - shorts, tops, shoes, etc.....(esp if anybody has good ideas for summery tops for a large chest, that would be awesome)

I tried to upload a sandal I was looking at this evening, but I dont think I did it right. It was by Sperry and its called the Shoreham Wedge.

Sorry this is kind of a shallow, goofy question!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the shoes by the way!! We went to CSA at the end of Feb. It was fun shopping for resort clothes in the winter. Makes the crappy weather not seem so bad!

You are going a great time where there are lots of cute dresses in stores right now. We usually go November/December time frame and the sun dresses are long gone off the shelves, so I try to shop during the Springtime. Head over to Old Navy. They have some cute stuff at reasonable prices.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I totally do it. I found some fun stuff at Old Navy on sale. Dresses, skirts, loose blouses, etc. It was so early here that I couldn't find many shorts, but didn't really need them anyway. I found some sandals at Target and Kohls that I took, too.

Your question is not shallow or goofy!! What woman doesn't love shopping and getting their wardrobe together for vacation?

I think about stuff to wear at Couples all the time. I have a whole section of my closet for "resort" clothes. Many of the dresses & tops are from Victoria's Secret, some are from Venus, some from Great Glam. Great Glam's website sells "club wear" so be aware when/if you visit their website, some of it is pretty risque, however they do have some very sexy dresses that are within reasonably tasteful limits and just perfect for dinner at the resort.

Heck, no, not shallow but a fun topic! I love clothes and really love packing for my Jamaica trips as I can wear all of my pretty, tropical clothing.

I am a big Tommy Bahama fan and always pack a wrap skirt or two (one long, one knee length) along with a pretty top, as well as sundresses. I wear these in the evenings to dinner along with a dressier sandal, similar to what you posted.

I am also chesty and have found the tank top with built in underwire bras work really well for me. I have bought most of mine online as I wear a hard to find size.

Daytime I in bathing suits and cover ups. I do pack a couple of casual sundresses for daytime as I am not a fan of shorts personally and only pack them for working out.

I have found some great Tommy stuff on ebay over the past few years. I just picked up a new with tags on tiered skirt (lined), stretch cami and sheer wrap for 25 bucks total on ebay and the tags totaled more than $300! It will be in suitcase when I pack for CN next month for sure.

I also like Athleta for fun summer clothing of good quality.

Cute shoes! I read on another post that wedges are a good choice at some of the resorts, as they have a lot of wood decking that stiletto's could get caught in (I've never been to Couples- first time is a month from today). I just bought 2 new pair of sandals myself- there are a lot of good site online that have free shipping and free returns, so I just send back anything that I don't like! I like to shop at all kinds of places, and I have found some exceptionally cute swimsuit cover-ups this year at Nordstrom and Target (weird combo, I know). Happy shopping!

www.venus.com is a cool site! Just got a new catalog with some pretty summer attire. Especially the swimwuits and sundresses. Hope this helps!
    Glenda & Mickey

I am also " of the busty variety" and I have had a lot of luck with things from landsend.com. they have tons of things on there overstock section that are really cheep. I love there swimsuits and tankini's because they have underwire in them and hold up the "girls" well. Good Luck.

My favorite bathing suits are by Tara Grinna. Made in the USA, very good quality and they offer bra sized tops which means I can get a perfect fit even with a very busty figure.

I have bought everything for our honeymoon at the end of April from Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and gotten really good deals! They also have great sandals right now. Old Navy has some great linen shirts and pants right now and long cotton dresses as well. Good luck!

Of course VS online has been my favorite shopping spot, don't know how many orders I've placed from there in the last 6 months. I second the athleta website, they have really cute sporty stuff. I also came across a website call Boston Proper, they have some really cute stuff.

Very cute shoes! Just make sure you pack enough dresses! During the day at css, I spent time at the beach or pool and then wore a dress in the evenings to the restaurants, repeaters dinner, Balloon Bar, the Starlight Gala and a jean skirt to beach party night. I only wore shorts when arriving to the Jamaica airport, on the way home, and to Margarita ville, but it depends on what your activities will be. The first year we went, I didn't pack nearly enough dresses. Have fun shopping!! So much fun!

Tracy

I start shopping for Jamaica when we return from Jamaica! I got three dresses last year for a really good price. We go in July and I find some really good deals when we get back. I like to use the dresses in the evening and I have a couple I can use for swim suite cover ups. Very comfy.
    Last edited by Vickyj; April 4th, 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: additional info
    Vicky

Shallow, goofy question about shoes? Never! We go to CSA at the end of October and I always shop at the end of the summer. I get great shoes, dresses and bargains. I buy a lot of my swimsuits on Ebay, great deals there too. The only time I wear shorts is when I go to the gym, other than that, I wear swimsuits and cover-ups during the day and a dresses at night. Cute shoes by the way.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

OK, I'm the shoe aholohic of all times, my favorite site is DSW, and at this time they call me by my first name! I just spent a week in Florida and discovered Bealls, what a great store,they just have some really cute summer clothes, and yes you can buy online and I'm busty also. I bought some camisoles that were just made for us busty women!!! If you want bathing suits try AB Lambidin, or Newport News and Spiegel. Locally I have found some really cute suits at JC Penny and they have even started to carry some kick-butt shoes!!! I have also gound some really cute things at the gift shops at Couples.

My favorite place to shop is the Goodwill. I know many people that would never shop there but I find amazing clothes for myself and my husband all at very low prices. We went to Mexico last year and pretty much our entire wardrobe came from the Goodwill. I shop there once a week and usually come home with some great finds. I work in an office where the attire is business professional and most of my work wardrobe is from the Goodwill. I choose to shop there because I can have a lot of clothes for just a little money and not feel bad when I am done wearing something because I spent so little and I just donate it back. Does anyone else shop this way?

Default 6 mths to go.....

6 months away and i already dream about the cloths i want to take with me to CN heres one i found that i thought everyone might like.... fits big and small breasts
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We leave for CSA next sat...I went shopping yesterday and bought a bunch of cute stuff for vacation. Gotta love white house black market! But for some serious bargan shopping I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop Marshalls as most of my sundresses (I too do no like shorts) have come from there as well as shoes...can't beat the prices!

Quote Originally Posted by katgirl52 View Post
    My favorite place to shop is the Goodwill. I know many people that would never shop there but I find amazing clothes for myself and my husband all at very low prices. We went to Mexico last year and pretty much our entire wardrobe came from the Goodwill. I shop there once a week and usually come home with some great finds. I work in an office where the attire is business professional and most of my work wardrobe is from the Goodwill. I choose to shop there because I can have a lot of clothes for just a little money and not feel bad when I am done wearing something because I spent so little and I just donate it back. Does anyone else shop this way?
    I love when they have their 50% off for over 50 days or their 50 cent days. I have walked out with designer--Lauren, Coach, duds and accessories for next to nothing.
    Vicky

Shopping is a must for any Couples vacation! It gets me through the winter too. Heck I started 8 months ago when I booked out trip and now we leave in 5 days! A friend just turned me on to Boston Proper which is a catalog company with some very cute and sexy clothes. I am lucky enough to live near some great outlet stores so I went shopping in August and September and scored some great clothes. Besides the outlets I've had great luck at Kohl's, Loehmans (right now they have some cute swimsuits and nice selection of cover ups) and Marshalls.
    I did notice that Victoria's Secret did have some bra tops with extra support although I don't how much they would provide.
    Enjoy your shopping and have a fabulous vacation!

Wow, you guys, lots of cool sites to look at! I am loving this thread. I've looked at all these sites and I am loving so many clothes I probably need to win the lotto.

Maybe someone can help me out a little more with the sundresses thing....I would love to be able to wear more sundresses, but when I say busty, I mean 34H....does anyone know of any brands that would work for that kind of busty? As it is, I have to shop Bravissimo for swimsuits and thats a real pain.