Default Best sunscreen? European?

I have done a search of the board on sunscreen and there are losts of posts about using it, just not any real advice on the best kind to use. I have very fair skin (lightest foundation shade every time, LOL) and I usually use Clarins, Hawaiian Tropic or some other well known brand (applied liberally and often) but I remember reading a post either here or on another travel MB about using a European sunscreen, P something? Has anyone ever tried this or one like it? What do you Jamaica vets advise? I don't want to be on my dream vacay and spend it in the room! Thanks!

Don't have the answer but I will be watching to see what the Negril Veterans have to say on this

It's called P20 and we would not use anything else. You apply it once in the morning 15 minutes before you go out (best to wait 15 mins before getting dressed) and then you don't have to worry again for the rest of the day even if you go swimming. My husband is very faire skinned and it's the only thing that lets him sit in the sun at all.
    In the UK it costs about £20 for 200ml - that may sound like a lot but it is so worth it. Two bottles lasts us a for a 2 week holiday. We can buy it at the airport and there's always lots on ebay.

Hi I think the brand you are referring to is P20 which we can purchase in England and which you apply only once per day. It's really good protection and after applying in the morning it doesn't need to be reapplied, even after swimming, as long as you don't rub it off with your towel - just lay in the sun to dry. The only downside (if you can call it a downside) is that after applying you have to wait 15 minutes for it to dry before dressing or going into the sun, it dries to something like a skin which is presumably the protection. It works really well even on our English pale fair skin. After using it in DR and Jamaica we have not been burned. Hope this helps. Enjoy your dream vacation in paradise.

Mad about tennis

heliotherapy by california tan,

Hi,
    We always use Ultrasun now. Apply once a day and that's it done. We have used this in St Lucia, Cyprus and Cuba and have never burnt. If you search around the web you will find it. We buy 1 ltr at a time, 2 bottles for £50. 1 bottle lasts the 2 of us for a fortnight and the life of it is I think 3 years. Hope this may help.
    Dave and Michelle

Piz Buin? It is fine. Often use Nivea - which is also European.

I use either Piz Buin Tan Intensifier or Lancaster Tan Optimizer. Both work equally as well.

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much everyone. P20 is the one I was looking for, I will try an online search and check ebay too!