Default Floor choice scenario

I have a floor choice question. I'll set up the scenario. The resort is sold out, all the rooms will be full by the end of the day. You arrive early and want a 2nd or 3rd floor room. Are you able to get your request filled. I guess what I am asking is that if you arrive at the resort (1st) are you able to get your pre-assigned room changed to a floor you want since those rooms guests havn't arrived yet?

5 days and counting!!!!

In your scenario, it doesn't hurt to ask on arrival. No guarantees, though.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

In your scenario you state that the resort is sold out. I would think that this would not be an overnight situation, in other words most likely the resort will be full when you arrive also and is simply in a turn over phase with guests coming and going. I would think you would have no better chance of a request being granted as those that would arrive later in the day, as the room or floor you request may still be occupied by someone that has simply not checked out yet. Someone arriving later in the day may "request" that floor or room just as it becomes available and be granted their request where as you were denied simply because of timing. Just thinking out loud. I'm not sure really what the policy is that determines if a room is available or not for "request".

Comme si, comme sa. It's all irie mon.

"I guess what I am asking is that if you arrive at the resort (1st) are you able to get your pre-assigned room changed to a floor you want since those rooms guests havn't arrived yet?"

So, in your scenario, someone who'd requested a preference in floor level when booking their trip, should be given less consideration than you, who didn't make a pre-check in request, but simply because you "got there first"?

Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    . . . . [A]re you able to get your pre-assigned room changed to a floor you want . . .?
    Rooms are not pre-assigned. They are assigned upon guest arrival.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I say Yes, you will be able to get your request. They do not guarantee anyone a certain floor. If you are lucky to arrive when your chosen floor is available, then you will get it.

Greetings:

It does not matter whether or not you request a specific room, floor or building in advance. All rooms are assigned on the day of arrival.

Couples Resorts

Good to know! I'll be requesting a corner room for sure!