Default Couples Negril March 19th-23rd

Anyone going to couples Negril March 19th 2010 - March 23rd 2010. We haven't been there in two years. We had a blast last time we were there. What has been added that is new?
    Does anyone know how long the drive has been lately from MBJ to Negril? Has anyone take the TIM air flight from MBJ to Negril? Once you get to the Negril airport does Couples have a van to carry you to the resort, or do you have to catch a taxi?

Hi JohnandJenn - we'll overlap with your trip at CN.

If you were there exactly 2 years ago you may have been to Lychee just as it opened. That and the new bathroom nearby is probably the biggest change. The uniforms are new as well. We've posted threads titled "recent changes at CN" (or similar) if you want to search for more detailed changes.

About 2 1/2 years ago the bus trip took about 1 hour 30 min, but we usually fly TimAir and definitely recommend it for the views alone (it is getting more expensive though).
    Once at the Negril aerodrome you can call Couples for no charge transport or you can grab a taxi - there are almost always a few waiting there. CN is literally across the street, though the entrance is about 40 yards down the road. We typically take the taxi (~$5 plus tip for the 30 second ride) rather than wait for CN to send a van. You can walk if you have light luggage and are feeling adventurous - but mind the traffic.

less than 7 weeks!!

John and Jenn --
    Mark and I are headed to CN once again 3/11-18 and CTI 3/18-23

Two years ago we rode the shuttle, seems like it was about 1 1/2 hours.... the way the MB sounds lately it's taking longer now due to some road construction....
    Last year we took TimAir from MBJ to the resort --- BEST IDEA!! It was about $200 and well worth it. We were meeting up with some folks coming in on a different flight -- they landed almost an hour before us, and since we took timair and they took the shuttle... we were at the resort about 45 minutes before they were! Curtis was our pilot - he let Mark fly most of the way! It was a thrilling ride - so cool!
    You can see the entrance of the resort as you land at the Negril airstrip... you could actually walk it, but we had the taxi guy throw the bags in his car, think it was 10 bucks or so.

Thanks for the information looks like we are taking Tim Air from what both of you say.

My husband Kevin and I will be at CN from March 19 through March 24. Our flight is scheduled to land in MBJ at 12:58 pm, and then we'll be flying via TimAir to Negril.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela,
    Have you guys been to couples Negril before? We should arrive close to the same time, may a little before you.

My wife and I are going to CTI March 18th to 21st, then CN from the 21st to the 27th! tick tock . . .

6 weeks from now we should be clearing customs and heading toward the Couples lounge!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnandJenn View Post
    Pamela,
    Have you guys been to couples Negril before? We should arrive close to the same time, may a little before you.
    This will be our 17th trip to a Couples resort and our 13th trip to CN. We stayed at CTI in January, and although we had a great time, we can't wait to get back to CN.

If our flights land close in time, we might be sharing a Tim Air flight to Negril if you've decided to fly. Did you make a reservation?
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Yes we have reservations to get from MBJ to Negril Airport by TIM AIR. If we like it we plan to make reservations for a return flight back to MBJ when we get ready to leave Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnandJenn View Post
    ... we plan to make reservations for a return flight back to MBJ when we get ready to leave Couples.
    Note that you probably shouldn't wait until the last (or even next to last) day to make the return reservation. It appears you are leaving on a Tuesday so it should not be as busy as the weekend, but occasionally they book up. This happened to us and we regretted waiting to book it.

5 weeks!!

Hi Rudi - Wishing you two a WONDERFUL Vacation!!! A & F
    Art xo Francine

Thanks for the wishes A&F. We'll say "hello" for you two and perhaps post from CN.

Thanks for the advice Rudi Anyone else going to be their while we are?

3 weeks!!!

< 1 day. Time to sleep (as if we could)

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    < 1 day. Time to sleep (as if we could)
    Hi Rudi, Have a GREAT Time!!! Please give our regards to all... Thanks!!!
    ENJOY, ENJOY & ENJOY Some More !!!! Cheers!! A & F
    Art xo Francine

Thanks A&F - will say hello. Tell Art - a lot of v-ball going on.

Hi Rudi, I am sure you two are all settled in by now and having a Terrific Time!!!! So excited for you!!!! Have FUN!!!!
    Looking forward to your posts from Paradise!!! A&F
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Thanks A&F - will say hello. Tell Art - a lot of v-ball going on.
    Hi Rudi - Oh Boy!! Art wants to be at CN with you right now Playing Beach V-Ball (he didn't even mention me LOL!!!!)
    Art xo Francine

Trying to get up (almost as early as Francine) to do the workout. Weather has been very good. Some waves on Friday, a bit on Sat, and very calm yesterday (the iconic flat Bloody Bay water). Had some clouds roll in yesterday and it was actually a very welcome respite from the sun.

We are having very good weather in Negril Rain/Sunwise. The waves are still just a bit larger than usual, but nothing too worry about - are calming down Thursday evening and all watersports, etc. are still running.

Had a set of showers on Tuesday (or was it Monday?? ) but other than that just a few clouds and they are quite welcome relief from the sun at times. Place is great!!!