Default Detailed Dress Code Info for CSS???

We are leaving for CSS on April 8th and it is our first time to Jamaica, and first time to CSS! I am aware that there is some sort of a dress code for CSS, but was hoping to get some insider comments regarding it. Can anyone please tell me what is and isn't allowed for both men and women to wear to the eating establishments?

I need to know if we need to go shopping before going away..My husband has lots of khaki shorts, but really only one or two pairs of dress slacks (other than suits)...And I am real big on jeans and/or jean skirts and don't have a lot of "going out" dress clothes other than business attire.

If someone could give me a breakdown of what to wear at each place as well as if it differs from breakfast/lunch to dinner - that would be great? Let me know! Thanks!!

Mary

Breakfast/lunch: Dry bathing suits with t shirts and/or cover ups and no barefoot

Dinner: Only the Casanova rest. requires long pants for men, a collared shirt and closed toe shoes (no crocs)
    At the other restaurants nice shorts, nice t shirts and nice sandals are ok

Women can wear dress sandals, casual dresses, nice pants and blouses. Remember dress up for Casanova rest and the Starlight Gala on Friday nights

Thanks for your feedback! On the website it shows Pallazino needing the same dress code as Casanova, which is confusing to me - is that not the case?
    For females are jean skirts acceptable or not?

Default Dress code

Leave the jeans at home! Have you ever been to Jamaica? The last time I was there (Nov) my legs were sweating at 8:00 a.m.!!! I can't imagine wearing jeans!!!! Jean skirts, fine, but they are still warm. Go to Walmart or other discount retailer and buy a $15 sundress or a pair of skorts with a dressy sleeveless top. Re-wear the dinner outfits once or twice - they can't get that dirty from wearing them less than three hours for dinner. Just don't sweat a lot LOL!

We will be at CSS Apr 10-17 and I told my husband to pack 2 pair of khaki/dress pants. If he gets the first pair dirty we can send them out to be laundered and the pair he wears on Fri night can serve as the travel home pants on Sat. Tip, take some fabric refresher in a travel spray bottle and "freshen" your outfit prior to re-wearing.

Unless you are at Bella Vista, you will be underdressed in a jeanskirt. Seriously, you want a nice sundress or a pair of NICE capri's and a top. No flipflops for the women either, unless they are dressy. (i.e. with heels and sparklies.)

At Bella Vista, you can wear pretty much whatever you would like.

But it really is worth it to bring the dressy clothes to get dressed up at least a couple of times. And as I recall, Palazzina and Casanova DO have the same dress code, so if you don't want to dress for dinner, you have the choice of room service or Bella Vista.

We found CSS to feel like it was the dressiest of the 4 resorts. Every evening my husband wore light weight slacks with a button up shirt and I wore sundresses. We were there for 10 days and he took 2 pairs of slacks with 5 shirts and I took 5 sundresses. I also save space by taking only one pair of dressy sandals that work with all of the dresses.

I would leave anything at home that is jean material, it is simply too hot to wear it. Pick up a few sundresses. You will appreciate having them. The lighter weight and less 'clingy' they are the better. Also it is fun to have them a little revealing as it just adds to the whole romantic atmosphere of the evenings.

I have sundresses that I only wear in Jamaica.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Bob wore dress shorts (Bermudas) and a polo shirt to dinner at Palazzina. I wore shorts and a nice top one night to Palazzina for dinner, and a sundress the other night. Casanova is the formal restaurant. Bob wore slacks, closed toe shoes, and a dress shirt (although a polo shirt would work). I wore dresses both times to Casanova. I'm sure a jean skirt would work, but you might want to accessorize to dress up the outfit (scarf? bracelets?). Jeans are definitely out in Jamaica, just too darn hot and humid. I really think the jean skirt would be uncomfortable, too, but that's probably just me. I like casual dresses because they're easy to pack and look nice for dinner.

Pallazina does not require pants for the men or closed toed shoes... just a nice pair of dressy type shorts and a nice polo shirt or nice "hawian" colored shirt with nice leather sandals is perfect. You should not bring any jean type clothes, it's just too hot. Go with light sundresses, and I also enjoy wearing skorts or shorter skirts with a nice spaghetti strap type top. I am the same height as my husband so I never wear heels. I just wear nice leather flat flip flop type sandals, or a pair of nice flip flops with pretty straps.
    Don't forget a cover up... you'll get a lot of use out of it like when you go for breakast.. just put on your swimwear with the cover up over and your sandals and you're good for breakfast at Pallazina. Same for lunch. Hubby just needs to put on a shirt over his board shorts with sandals for breakfast and lunch.

[QUOTE=Demeter5MS;61789]We are leaving for CSS on April 8th and it is our first time to Jamaica, and first time to CSS! I am aware that there is some sort of a dress code for CSS, but was hoping to get some insider comments regarding it. Can anyone please tell me what is and isn't allowed for both men and women to wear to the eating establishments?

I need to know if we need to go shopping before going away..My husband has lots of khaki shorts, but really only one or two pairs of dress slacks (other than suits)...And I am real big on jeans and/or jean skirts and don't have a lot of "going out" dress clothes other than business attire.

If someone could give me a breakdown of what to wear at each place as well as if it differs from breakfast/lunch to dinner - that would be great? Let me know! Thanks!!

Mary[/QUOTE

My husband wore long pants every night and I wore dresses in the evening except for Bella Vista. Where I wore a short skirt and a tank top. We like to dress up in the evening in Jamaica and were pleasently surprised how nice everyone was dressed. Most men wore long pants and most women wore dresses.

hmmm so for the starlight gala specifically, what kind of footwear do women wear? heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    hmmm so for the starlight gala specifically, what kind of footwear do women wear? heels?
    Jamie wore heels. The downfall was that there had been rain recently and the ground was continually trying to eat her shoes. You might consider some flats or dress sandals based on how soft the ground is that day.

For the Starlight Gala, I wore wedge heels. Anything spikey would be difficult to walk on, since the Gala is held on the main lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    For the Starlight Gala, I wore wedge heels. Anything spikey would be difficult to walk on, since the Gala is held on the main lawn.
    Just to add to the spiked heels on the lawn....I am short so I always wear a spike heel and have about three pair that I always pack for Couples. But at CSS, the steps tore them up pretty good since they are made of natural rock. Just a tip for anyone who might be in Building G and is also thinking of wearing heels. I ended up carrying them down the steps then putting them on.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    During one stay at another resort that has a beach party, my hubby was patiently waiting for me on the balcony of our beachfront room when he saw one poor women in spike heels lose her balance in the sand and lets just say he knew the color of the thong she was wearing that night. Gives you a whole other perspective on what type of shoes to wear. I do have a pair of heels I take for 8 Rivers at CTI, but the rest of my shoes are dressy flats--beaded sandals mostly.
    Vicky