Default Question for Tommywommy...or anyone else.

Hi. I've been reading this board for years and completely understand why you are so in love with CN. I have stayed there twice and did a day pass at CSA last time. I need your help and honest opinion, please. I am booking a return trip, possibly tomorrow for the Wed. escape deal, but can not decide between staying at CN again or trying out CTI. It will probably be a few years after this trip when we will be able to vacation again so I want to make the best decision. We love doing activites and are big "joiners". I loved how there was always something going on at CN and tons of people to interact with. Did you find that at CTI or is it quieter & more relaxed? I enjoyed playing pool & beach volleyball, catamarran, snorkeling, piano bar activities,etc and am wondering if the same activities take place at CTI & if anyone actually participates. I would like to explore Ocho Rios for the ziplining and waterfall tours, but I'm so scared of missing CN and everything we love!

I'm very torn between these TWO resorts. Help!

We felt the same way after two trips to CN. But we tried CTI last year, and loved it so much, we're heading back again this year. We can't say we prefer one over the other - just certain aspects of each stand out. But after two years away, CN is calling, so we're booked to go back there next year.

As far as nightlife and guest interaction, I think it depends more on the mix of people there at any given time than it does the resort itself.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Our first Couples experience was at CN in Oct 2002.In March of 2003 we decided to try CTI (then COR) and fell in love with it.We have been back every fall (except 2008 when it was closed). Then we tried CSS -also a beautiful resort, but we were back at the newly renovated CTI in 2009 and will probably be back every year until one of us dies.
    Tom says if he goes first, he wants me to spread his ashes from the top of the Island. Ya' think Randy will let me count a really nice urn as my "plus one"?
    But, Seriously, You should give the"New CTI" a try, then CSS and then you will know for sure.

Luvinthesun....Here is my truly honest opinion..We really did enjoy CTI and want to return there..We did not go to Tower Island.

Is CSS an option?
    If I had only been to CN and could go to a Couples resort again soon but could NOT go again for several years then I would have to go to CSS..I realize you asked about CTI....If CSS is not an option then I would indeed go to CTI before returning to CN.

I hope my honest answer has helped.

Hugs from 10 0 C

CTI has the most to do of any the resorts that is included.
    Irie Mon

Thanks so much everyone! I think I have decided to try CTI, just to see the other side of the island and experience the different excursions in Ocho. I do have one question before booking though...for anyone. Does the activity center around the pool at CTI like it does at CN? I really loved walking down to the pool at any given time throughout the day for some "excitement", laughs and drinks at the swim up bar. I'm still so torn as you can probably tell! CN feels like home, but mrs2cool, I guess you feel that way about CTI. And that's seriously funny about the ashes!!! My father tells my mother he is to be scattered over Penn State's football field (and he didn't even play there!)

During our visit the main pool was empty for most of the time.
    The swim up bar pool had guests there all during the day but it was not the meeting and greeting area like CN's..I did not see a lot of bomding and laughter there.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    During our visit the main pool was empty for most of the time.
    The swim up bar pool had guests there all during the day but it was not the meeting and greeting area like CN's..I did not see a lot of bomding and laughter there.

Hugs
    The meet and greet, bonding, and laughing were on the island, Tommy!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

We were at CTI in June '09 and are returning in June '10...and June'11 for that matter, but anyway, while we were there, the swim up bar was alive and kicking, very social, and lots of fun. I must say that we spent most of the day on the island and Bruce and Kelli are right. But, again, in the late afternoons when we came back onshore, the swim up bar was a blast.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012