Default What is the weather in May like?

My wife and I are planning to go to Swept Away in the middle of May. We have read that May is the rainy season. Has anyone been to Swept Away during May, and can you tell me what the weather is really like then? Does it rain every day? Is it sunny most of the day, then rain in the afternoon? Tell me all about it.

May is not particularly rainy in our few visits to the island during that month. Rain is always in the forecast ANYWHERE in the tropics... that's how it works... rain, sunshine, paradise.

Expect any rain you encounter to be heavy and short-lived... less than an hour and probably a few minutes. In eight visits to the island since 1993, we've been fortunate... we've never had a day rained out...

Relax and enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We've been during May for the last two years. The weather was gorgeous each time. We tend to like it hotter, but not scorching, and the water temp is lovely as well. We did get some afternoon rains, and the day we left last year was overcast in the morning, but all in all, it was a great trip.

The rainiest trip we've been on was at the beginning of October a couple years ago.

We will be at cn on may 15 for our 5th time. We've had little to no rain and any shower is usually short lived!!