Default computers at CSA

Does anyone know if the computers have Microsoft word/exel and Adobe acrobat? Are you allowed to download PDF's and documents? Is there a printer or fax machine available for a fee? As much as I wanted a work-free vacation, I don't think it's going to happen. The forecast shows Isolated t-storms EVERY day we are supposed to be there, so I can get my work done then I suppose. thanks!

Ummm.... first, the forecast is ALWAYS for rain, but it seldom turns into a washout. Plan on more sun than rain, even if it DOES rain every single day.

Second, I do not believe that I saw any access to usb ports or such on the PC's at SweptAway. Nor do I think that the PC's are really work friendly, but then again, all I ever checked was my personal e-mail account and did a little web browsing.

IF you're fishing for advice, I'd recommend counting on enjoying the vaca time... don't let a "standard" weather forecast become an excuse for slipping into work mode. (really just mho)
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I know they have printers hooked up to the computers, can't speak for any faxes on premisis.

I also don't know if they have Excel, but they did have MSWord. And I can't speak for the ability to download anything.

Melly, I don't recall seeing these apps on any of the PC's, and I've never seen a printer available. The PC's are available for guests to check email, and, you're only expected to be on them for a few minutes at a time. Don't worry about the forecast, that's typical of the Caribbean. It rains every day, but, it passes through very quickly.

you might want to look into an app called gotomypc. it allows access to your home pc from another PC. while i have researched the requirements it may work for you and it has a 30 day trial to connect to one PC.

Randy

Now that I think a little longer about this... I seem to recall that the pc's are "locked up" in housings of the cabinetry. You can't even get at 'em... All that's accessible are the keyboard, mouse and monitor.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

If you truly must work while at CSA and you want to be productive, I would highly recommend taking an adequate laptop with you to do the work at your own pace and time frame. I would not count on printers being available. I do not remember seeing them in the computer room. I think the reason for printers not being available is because of folks wanting to print photos and such. Ink is way expensive to provide a printer for anyone to use for any reason they choose. As for downloading, I don't think that will be possible on the computers provided, I don't think ports are accessible for a portable drive to be hooked up. While the computers are great for checking email and doing a little web surfing, they are by no means a powerful work station. And besides, as mentioned previously, they ask that you spend no more than a few minutes at a time so the others can use them also.

So take a laptop if you must. If your office has not provided one for you maybe working on vacation is not all that important after all. I'm just sayin'.

there used to be one hp laser printer in the computer lounge. it was working when i last needed to print there in 2008.

Randy

Delegate delegate delegate, there is bound to be someone at your work that can cover you even if you are the boss time to let someone succeed and or fail.

They had a printer when we were there in Feb. I think it was hooked up to maybe 2 of the computers??? We used it to print our boarding passes on Delta for our return home. Not sure what kind it was but it did the job for us.