Thread: Shampoo, etc

Default Shampoo, etc

Hi,
    Can you tell us please are the shampoo, conditioner and body lotions of a good quality make or should we bring our own? Do they replenish freely and regularly as well?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Michelle

I used the shampoo but I don't recall any conditioner. I think I had read that before because I knew to pack that. My hair was fine, and I washed it several times a day from the chlorine or sun. Lotion was good, and I think they give you an after sun lotion (similiar to aloe vera gel) too.

We were given "Shampoo-with-conditioner" and yes, it was replenished daily. The lotion was good therapy after a day in the sun.

They replenish daily, but there is no conditioner... you will definitely need to bring your own.

They don't have a separate conditioner, it's a combo shampoo/conditioner. If your hair tangles or is really thick, it might not be enough so many pack a separate conditioner to bring. The body lotion is great! And yes, they refill as often as needed.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

The body wash/lotion/aloe are great. We love them all. I don't bother bringing any of these.

The shampoo on the other hand is "conditioning shampoo." There is no conditioner. IMHO (and I have long thick curly hair...) The shampoo doesn't get my hair clean, and the conditioner is well, non-existent. I bring my own shampoo AND conditioner and it works much better.

With the sea and salt and sand, you'll really need at LEAST a separate conditioner. They do, however, replenish freely and regularly, and if you leave a note asking for extra of something, they will do it.

They Body Lotion is nice, but you can buy a Jamaican Cocoa Butter lotion in the gift shop for about $5 which smells wonderful. I bring enough jars home to last all year.

They also provide Aloe Vera to soothe sunburnt skin and a blue bath gel soap
    The shampoo/conditioner is not great, unless you have very short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    The shampoo on the other hand is "conditioning shampoo." There is no conditioner. IMHO (and I have long thick curly hair...) The shampoo doesn't get my hair clean, and the conditioner is well, non-existent. I bring my own shampoo AND conditioner and it works much better.
    I also found that the shampoo/conditioner had too much conditioner in it to really clean my hair, but not enough to moisturize and detangle my hair. Next time I will bring my own shampoo and separate conditioner. My husband, with short hair, thought the combo shampoo/conditioner was fine.

I liked the lotion and was GRATEFUL for the aloe gel. There was no body wash when I stayed at CN, just mild bar soap.

I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner and some shower gel as I do not like soap in the shower.