Default $500 credit is it too good to be true???

I was wondering what the resort credit CANNOT be used for? Can you use it for excursions, photo booth pics, and purchases at the gift shop? It just sounds too good to be true?

Anything that can be charged to your room from what I have read.

It all depend on the credit. The old credit was 350 spa and 150 gift shop. The new is a resort credit to your account, so any thing you can charge to your room is open.

Hope this helps.
    Irie Mon

You can use the $500. resort credit for anything that you can charge to your room
    Please understand the $500 resort credit it is for booking for 2011 and not 2010

You can use it for pretty much anything you can charge to your room... and since Couples has gone cashless, that's quite a bit. Spa services, special non-exclusives such as specialty wines, floral, gift shop purchases, etc. can all be paid for with your credit.

To address one of your questions, off-resort excursions arranged with the concierge or the tour desk probably can not be charged to your room. This has never been addressed specifically by Randymon or Seandimon, although its been asked a few times. My personal theory is that you're dealing with an "outside" contractor, and your tour would be an arrangement between them and yourself, thus not chargeable to your room.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

You can use it for anything you can charge to your room!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    I was wondering what the resort credit CANNOT be used for? Can you use it for excursions, photo booth pics, and purchases at the gift shop? It just sounds too good to be true?
    The 2011 credit can be used for anything that can be charged to your room - so yes, all of the above, if they can be charged to your room. I'm not sure about photos because I think those are an outside vendor maybe? Same with excursions, those can't be charged to a room.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

The $500 resort credit for 2011 travel may be used to purchase anything you are able to charge to your room, including:

Spa treatments, telephone calls, upgraded wines, gift shop, optional excursions through our tour desk, photographs from our photo concession, private dinners, romance packages.

Couples Resorts

Randymon - We've just booked CSA for 2 weeks in February 2011. We're coming from the UK - do we get the $500 resort credit, or is it just for those from the US and Canada?

Randymon - I've just noticed my question was answered on a previous thread. Thanks.

Dawn

And there you have it... about as definitive as can be, right from the CRO's fingers...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

This is awesome and yet another reason why we are returning to Couples! We were looking at trying a new resort in St lucia but we could not pass up Couples amazing deals, it really makes our trip more affordable! Thanks again!!!! Cheers!!!