Hybrid View

Default Catamaran Cruise

Could someone tell me about the catamaran cruise? Is it like a booze cruise? Should I wear a bathing suit, or nice clothes? And has anyone been on it that stayed at CN?

The cat cruise leaves in the late afternoon and returns at sunset. They serve drinks, typically rum punch. They stop at the caves and you can swim. You should wear a swimsuit, bring a camera, tip money (the people operating the cat are not Couples employees) and a towel if you like. On the way back you can enjoy a lovely Jamaican sunset. We've taken the cat cruise from CN and CSA. It's alot of fun...
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Wear shorts or a bathing suit. You will need to wade out to get onto the Catamaran so you may get wet. The CN Catamaran is a social event or booze cruise if you desire.

Bring your camera and take PLENTY of pictures.!

Attachment 542

Attachment 543

Attachment 544

Attachment 545
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; July 18th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Looks fun!!
    -Otter,

We loved it, it was a great time!!!! Definitely wear a swimsuit and be ready for a short swim to the caves. It's a blast. Here are a couple pictures from my wife and I as we swam to the caves and from inside the caves.

Last edited by dm82; July 10th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks everyone for your pictures! This looks like a lot of fun! A booze cruise is definitely something we want to check out.
    I'm assuming I should only bring a waterproof camera or a waterproof case for my digital camera?

Some people have suggested to bring something to cover up with for the return trip (light jacket). They thought it got chilly with the ocean breeze at sunset.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

LizzieBabyDoll

Some have waterproof cameras or even use those disposable ones. Some will put thier digitals inside a baggy to keep any water spray off them.

Is the boat rocky? Also, what do you eat for dinner?

There is no dinner on the cruise. Make sure to grab a quick snack before you head out. The boat can be rocky if the water is rough, but it is generally not bad. People stand and walk while the boat is in motion.

The boat can be rocky and there is no food on the cat cruise, just lots of rum punch and red stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Peacock

The ride is pretty smooth not rocky.

If diner is an issue wait until you return then go eat otherwise I have yet to see anyone get seasick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportygal View Post
    The boat can be rocky and there is no food on the cat cruise, just lots of rum punch and red stripe.
    Ok.....which is it? LOL

Actually, this will turn out to be a key factor, as the Mrs suffers from a mild form of vertigo, and experience has taught us that rocky boat rides can definitely trigger seasickness with her more quickly than with the avg person. It's also been our experience that afternoon boat rides on the open water tend to be a bit rougher than morning jaunts. Being that the cat cruise is an afternoon trip, I hope I can get some feedback as to the likelihood of choppy waters occurring more frequently at that time of day.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Ok.....which is it? LOL

Actually, this will turn out to be a key factor, as the Mrs suffers from a mild form of vertigo, and experience has taught us that rocky boat rides can definitely trigger seasickness with her more quickly than with the avg person. It's also been our experience that afternoon boat rides on the open water tend to be a bit rougher than morning jaunts. Being that the cat cruise is an afternoon trip, I hope I can get some feedback as to the likelihood of choppy waters occurring more frequently at that time of day.
    play it safe and bring an ice bucket with you just in case .... you dont want your wife to be "that person" then the rest of the week no matter where you are on the property some one will ask "feeling better"

Peacock

The ride is pretty smooth not rocky.

If diner is an issue wait until you return then go eat otherwise I have yet to see anyone get seasick.

We have never had a rocky ride or one that I would consider capable of making people sick. Jean has vertigo and it has never bothered her.

If sea sickness is a concern sit towards the back of the boat it will provide a gentler ride. If the wind and sea is that bad they probably won't go out.

For the most part you will have gentle tradewinds blowing in not major gales. Choppy waters can be experienced if the winds are blowing but for the most part they are rolling waves.

I suggested waiting on the diner part as you will return in time to make diner arrangements.

Ron & Rosa 25

What time of year are you planning your trip?

I searched all of my pictures for March and April and could not find any that showed choppy or rough waters.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    We have never had a rocky ride or one that I would consider capable of making people sick. Jean has vertigo and it has never bothered her.

If sea sickness is a concern sit towards the back of the boat it will provide a gentler ride. If the wind and sea is that bad they probably won't go out.

For the most part you will have gentle tradewinds blowing in not major gales. Choppy waters can be experienced if the winds are blowing but for the most part they are rolling waves.

I suggested waiting on the diner part as you will return in time to make diner arrangements.

Ron & Rosa 25

What time of year are you planning your trip?

I searched all of my pictures for March and April and could not find any that showed choppy or rough waters.
    Thanks for the excellent feedback, RDYJMJM, much appreciated. Our dream trip is set for next April 10th at CTI, where we stay for seven nites, then it's over to CN for an additional four nites. We were thinking of doing at least one, if not both cat cruises. From what you say, it sounds encouraging that the cruise should be relatively smooth sailing, as it were.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I am prone to motion sickness, but usually have no issues on boats. However, when you get to Ricks on the CSA cruise, the bost stops for a few minutes so that you can watch the people cliff-jumping. While we were sitting there, the boat really started rocking and rolling and I hate to say, but I did start to feel a little ill. It passed quickly once we were on the move again, and that dip in the water at the caves was so worth the 5 minutes of nausea.

Just got back from CTI and did the cat cruise...I always get sea sick and had myself worked up all day. The water was choppy...I was told that we encountered 10-12 ft swells while out there, however I didn't really feel it and once we anchored I had enough rum punch in me to not even notice. It was a lot of fun....learned the dime dance and heard the booty song for the 100th time! "Big booty, small booty, fat booty, I like the booty" It will be your favorite song by the time you leave!

10 to 12 foot swells is more than just choppy waters.

Hurricane season started in June so you can expect the sea in the Caribbean to be subject to storms and the wave action will be noticeably different than other times.

Attachment 608

Attachment 609

Attachment 610

The only chop in the water we saw was when someone went in off the slide.

Attachment 611
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; July 18th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

We've had choppy water once, but that was in February and we were in Ochos Rios at CTI. We've always had a smooth ride from CN and CSA.
    Sunset from the Cat cruise.
    Last edited by Ladydia41; May 4th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013